+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2981Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

It's not about how Brandi feels about herself; it's about how I feel about women, in general. You can call yourself a skank if you want to, but I'm not going on that trip with you. Men degrade us enough without us having to join in. It's that old thing that our mothers all told us.....if somebody jumps off a bridge, are you going to jump off too? Lord only knows how many times I had to hear that one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've always thought of Brandi as tacky. Gross. Uncouth. Uncultured, even in the basics.
    Hmmm....ok. I guess these words aren't as offensive as saying she's slutty even though she admits it herself?

Don't get me wrong. I'd never say to any woman that I think she's a slut. I'm not like that, and I don't talk like that about people in general. Reality housewives are sort of a different breed, though. It might not be right, but that's how it is.

I have no problem with the concept of lifting up other women, if it's appropriate........but I also have no problem with our basic instincts.
    When we see someone acting in a certain way, our instincts identify those actions and categorizes it. That's how we decide if another will cause us harm or not. And we can be fooled.

Everyone says we shouldn't judge but we all do it. It's built in to us.
    We make lots of judgements about people without meaning to insult or do harm to them. It's just part of the survival instinct.
    Brandi says she's a slut, I watch and listen to the things that are said or done and so it appears that she is a slut.
    Jexter and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fan

Who cares? The world needs sluts to make other womens husbands happy.
    norealityhere likes this.
    Trust Me!

I've always thought that calling anyone a slut legitimates the category "slut." And I think that the existence of that category as a word designating certain women -- and by the way, lots of people are a whole lot more undisciminating about who they call that term-- & among other categories-- is demeaning to all women.

I don't care if Brandi is willing to sign on to the disrespect and second class citizenship of women-- I'm not.

That's why I would never call anyone that. No matter what.

Cavendish
    prhoshay likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Saw that Brandi's friend, Jennifer, is Andy Dick's girlfriend. All righty then.........I guess it works for them.
    Jennifer and Andy Dick????? That is REALLY bizarre, cause Jennifer is the 'house mother' of the rehab half-way house that Dr. Drew utilizes for his post-Celebrity Rehab shows, and Andy Dick was a patient on Celebrity Rehab just a few seasons ago --- where they probably met. It's probably not, in the legal sense, exactly a 'conflict of interest' but something is definitely wrong with this picture.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Potentially, very messy and not a good idea for sobriety.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ugh. it shocks me that Andy would date her. i like him and want him to stay sober. i wonder if she is still running the sober house or if she's done with that gig.

She's probably done with that gig, because they seem not to be continuing the "Rehab" series. I"m sure she doesn't really run a sober house, other than for purposes of TV. At the moment, she only appears as a quasi-extra on the Beverly Hills housewife show. I guess she can be the "friend of" someone for the purposes of exclusive parties, etc, where you see her vaguely in the background, or as a sidekick to some other party-attender.

Maybe there's more there than meets the eye. -- But she always seemed out of her depth on the Rehab shows-- mostly being useless when something went wrong-- which often took place on her watch.

FORT Fogey

Wanna be a slut? Acknowledge it and be a slut. I can't take a whole lotta stuff so long as no one is hurting someone else in the process AND so long as the motivation is genuine - as opposed to sneaky and underhanded.

Truth, transparency, and trying.

I think Brandi may not really want to be a slut. She's said often that she liked being married (3-somes or not). I think she is a bit lost and confused about where to go in live. For all this, I cut her slack. The problem with Brandi, is that she takes others down to find her own reward. Not cool.

It's only a matter of time for her ship to go down if she can't find a stable path to follow.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread