+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2981Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

These ladies don't seem too adept at keeping friends in any case.

I wasn't advocating for things to always stay the same on all of these shows. Of course that's not realistic.

I'm saying that for me, adding Brandi to this particular cast really messed things up. It's particularly notable to me because this was my favorite HW show, and something about the very essence of it just changed (imo of course).

I enjoyed this particular show more before Brandi came on the scene, period.

In any case, the premise of the shows has now morphed into something which doesn't change.....women attending functions, and behaving badly.
    Punkin and Dragonlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wouldn't it be boring if the shows stayed the same each season? I sure think it would. The ladies get to know each other more and more, thus the change, like in real life. There's no need to keep friends who never change!
    At the same time, shay, soooooo many of the RHousewives will start a new season (and I am talking about ALL the RH's shows) saying that they have not spoken to or seen each other seen the past season's Reunion show.

So I am not certain how many of them really are friends IRL.
    KAREN

lilymax, you are so right!
    RHBH became trashy after Brandi's inclusion. In the beginning, these women seemed to behave in a level above all the rest of the Housewives but no longer.
    now we have pole dancing, quickies in the bathroom at a party, and the men are now acting like Housewives.
    I don't passionately dislike Brandi but she is trashy and the others are going down to her level.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always thought of Brandi as tacky. Gross. Uncouth. Uncultured, even in the basics.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Their true colors come out after season one.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've always thought of Brandi as tacky. Gross. Uncouth. Uncultured, even in the basics.

My thoughts exactly! Very uncultured, and I would also add trashy and slutty to the mix. Funny thing, but it isn't her use of the "F" word that offends me. I myself have been known to swear like a sailor. I'm not proud of it, but it happens. With Brandi, it goes far beyond having a dirty mouth for me. I mean, I can even appreciate some creative swearing at times, lol. Brandi isn't even creative about it, and I think part of the reason I detest her so much is she seems so clueless and dumb. Almost willfully dumb. And her swearing is nothing more than what a kid does when trying to provoke a response. It's all for show. She wears her dirty mouth like a badge. She thinks it makes her special and interesting. She couldn't be more wrong.

Brandi is very fake, when she prides herself on being a tell-it-like-it-is kind of woman.
    Punkin likes this.

lilymax, Brandi doesn't just wear her dirty mouth like a badge, everything she does is worth another badge. Her sex life is something she likes to brag about and doesn't seem to have many standards in that area.
    I've heard some say she isn't a slut but acts like one.
    No.
    She's a slut and she's proud of it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find it bothersome for women to call other women sluts and bitches. NOBODY is as hard on women as OTHER women. We should be wanting to lift each other up. Brandi, while I am not a fan of her behaviors and actions, would do well to present herself differently, but maybe she doesn't think so. Her decision, I guess. She may regret it one day. As the mother of a son, I couldn't show that behavior to my son and feel good about it.

Saw that Brandi's friend, Jennifer, is Andy Dick's girlfriend. All righty then.........I guess it works for them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sorry it bothers you, prhoshay, but if Brandi is going to announce to the world that she's a slut, I have no problem saying she is. In general I agree women should lift one another up. It's just that the networks present us with these addictive things called reality shows. Those women don't count. They've basically put themselves out there to be judged. And we only do it for fun, not to cause any real harm. If it bothers any one woman too much, maybe she'll find it in her to change. Who knows? In any case if you can't stand the heat....blah blah blah. Brandi has blown her own horn about being a slut too much for me to worry about how she feels about public critique. I'm sure she could care less how I feel.

Brandi has also chosen deliberately to portray herself as a shocking, honest, outspoken person. She thinks it brings attention and that people like to watch her because she's so honest. I don't see her as honest at all, but i don't think she has the maturity yet to realize how fake she is actually being in order to be famous. I think most of us viewers are not so easily entertained...or fooled.

+ Reply to Thread