+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Brandi is a straight up ho!! I don't know why I do this to myself, but I watched the episode titled Secrets Revealed last night, and I'm more convinced than ever she has no saving grace. Every time she opens her mouth and talks about threesomes, or flashes her boobs to anybody around, she tells us exactly who she is. Yolanda gives her credit for being like a little girl with her running mouth, but it's not innocent at all...she says the things she says to hurt people. If she isn't smart enough to know by her age that you don't just open up and spew anything on your mind, she is stupider than I thought she was. And pretending her marriage was all happy before her ex cheated doesn't convince me, either. She had to know that marriage was in trouble or like I said before, she's just extremely stupid. I don't give her much credit for being smart anyway, but she's really dumber than I had thought.

So, why is she here on this show? That's what I can't fathom. Aside from being 6' tall, she isn't all that special to look at either. She has the looks of a normal nice looking woman, but nothing more. She was never a supermodel, and there's a reason for that. Nothing really special about her looks. I guess it's because of her height and being a model once that she met somebody who became famous for a dubious reason, she found herself in a position to where somebody somewhere thought she should be on this show. But underneath it all, and notwithstanding the bs that comes out of her mouth, Brandi is quite boring and bland. There just isn't much there. Calling her "unfiltered" is just a way to excuse her lack of class and brains. I also believe she would sleep with anything on two legs. Male or female. Yuck. just yuck.

Granted, most of the people on these shows aren't really all that likable, but I just find her intolerable. It's probably a good thing the season is over because I need a break. Rant over.
    I am also glad Brandi is off my screen
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I, for one, dont mind Brandi. Not to say that I agree with everything she does/says, but in my mind she is a lesser evil than say Kyle or Adrienne.
    I am in the middle of her book now and just wanted to respond that until Leann, she had no idea how Eddie really was. In her words, she was content to be the housewife...she wasnt really into computers so she never really checked up on him that way until after the first rumors of infidelity. She admits she stuck with him for a while (a year or so maybe?) to try to work things out.
    I havent gotten to the part where she has become a housewife, but wasnt she brought on as a friend of Adriennes?
    sparklete likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think the comparison to professional wrestling is a good one. I do think that Bravo intends to send a message with these shows that goes a bit beyond finding outrageous women to do outrageous things. I remember way back when with the first season of Real Housewives of hte OC, the opening talked about there being more happening behind the gates of Coto than people realized. I always thought that was intentional, as it was to cast people who all lived "behind the gates". At the time the show first started, The OC was a big show, and there was a lot in pop culture that was glamorizing rich opulent lifestyles. While I think the women who went on the show wanted to do it to show how fabulous their lives were (and as the shows have become bigger have seen it as an easy avenue to fame and fortune) I think that Bravo shows it with a wink and nod to the viewers. I think there's an intention on Bravo's part to show that the glamour is not all that it's cracked up to be on the surface. We see women living in incredible houses ... until they are foreclosed on. We see women telling you how perfect their families are ... until they fall apart in divorce. We see women telling you how they have the best friends on earth ... until they stab each other in the back. I've always thought that Bravo intended for there to be a bit of a message of "Be careful what you wish for - the simple life you have may be pretty darn good".
    Yes and yes to all that. And I think Bravo is in way deeper - for money and for exploitation - than they expected. When the number of viewers soared upwards from a mere 500 thousand during the first seasons, when RHs started bar fights, back-stabbing, infidelities, drunkenness, bankruptcies, foreclosures, bizarre personalities, ever increasing cosmetic surgeries, and finally even a suicide.... that's when Bravo execs realized there's a fortune to be made from misery. From that point on, each year has brought women with more baggage, increased oddities, and that I-cannot-stop-looking-at-the-carnage from viewers. Bravo now is in it up to their eyeballs, making fortunes for people like Andy Cohen, and ruining lives of RHs on a regular basis. That's the objective now, and Bravo will ruin many more lives before it's over - of course with the willing consent of the Bravolebrities! They all think they can beat the system; few do.
    Punkin and Dragonlady like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fan

I adore Brandi. She's not caught up in the repressed social mores that most people are. My kinda gal.
    Trust Me!

I am tired of her potty mouth. Brandi needs to try and learn words that don't have an F in them.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I answered my own question when I finished the book last night... Brandi and Adrienne had mutual friends and Brandi was invited to something Adrienne was at, they ended up getting some pictures taken together (with Adrienne's dog, Jasper? Jackson? cant remember the name) by the paps that "went viral" and got her an audition with the RHOBH people, Im sure with Adrienne's suggestion of her or something.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think the comparison to professional wrestling is a good one. I do think that Bravo intends to send a message with these shows that goes a bit beyond finding outrageous women to do outrageous things. I remember way back when with the first season of Real Housewives of hte OC, the opening talked about there being more happening behind the gates of Coto than people realized. I always thought that was intentional, as it was to cast people who all lived "behind the gates". At the time the show first started, The OC was a big show, and there was a lot in pop culture that was glamorizing rich opulent lifestyles. While I think the women who went on the show wanted to do it to show how fabulous their lives were (and as the shows have become bigger have seen it as an easy avenue to fame and fortune) I think that Bravo shows it with a wink and nod to the viewers. I think there's an intention on Bravo's part to show that the glamour is not all that it's cracked up to be on the surface. We see women living in incredible houses ... until they are foreclosed on. We see women telling you how perfect their families are ... until they fall apart in divorce. We see women telling you how they have the best friends on earth ... until they stab each other in the back. I've always thought that Bravo intended for there to be a bit of a message of "Be careful what you wish for - the simple life you have may be pretty darn good".
    I like your explanation better than mine, except that I just can't buy that the whack-a-doodle behavior is natural. I suspect it's contrived more than we expect. And the lengths that these characters go to.....it boggles the mind, because many of these women have children who read about and actually see the obscenity of it.

Okay no, these women/men make a choice to appear on these shows & do so willingly & some..ahemmmm Faye Resnick, beg to get on this show. Bravo does not make these people overspend themselves into bankruptcy, doesn't make them cheat, be violent, generally be people you wouldn't want to associate yourself with. I don't see Bravo/Andy telling any RHW to go out & spend $5 million on a hous e when all they can afford is $500,000...ahemmm Joe & Teresa/Alexis& Jim. That is a choice they make & yes when it becomes public it is a big story of the week. They get face/air time & Bravo pulls in record ratings so it is a win/win. It is a fleeting win though because at the end of the day their children will be the ones paying the price...ahem...Josh Waring.

My grandma always taught me if you don't want your neighbors to see your dirty knickers don't hang your laundry out to dry.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Okay no, these women/men make a choice to appear on these shows & do so willingly & some..ahemmmm Faye Resnick, beg to get on this show. Bravo does not make these people overspend themselves into bankruptcy, doesn't make them cheat, be violent, generally be people you wouldn't want to associate yourself with. I don't see Bravo/Andy telling any RHW to go out & spend $5 million on a hous e when all they can afford is $500,000...ahemmm Joe & Teresa/Alexis& Jim. That is a choice they make & yes when it becomes public it is a big story of the week. They get face/air time & Bravo pulls in record ratings so it is a win/win. It is a fleeting win though because at the end of the day their children will be the ones paying the price...ahem...Josh Waring.

My grandma always taught me if you don't want your neighbors to see your dirty knickers don't hang your laundry out to dry.
    All so very true! I think where Bravo excels is in their ability to pick a certain type of person. Should be pretty easy here in California. They're a dime a dozen.
    Punkin and norealityhere like this.

I saw Lisa's infomercials for the fake butter product... they loop over and over on one of the advertising channels - she does a nice job, cute commercials. And in new photos, looks like she's lost weight dancing, good for her!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread