+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3127Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Yeah I gave Ken the side eye on that too. I never assume someone is lying about abuse. You never know anyone as well as you think you do.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think the same thing applies here to Brandi. Marucio, and other men, talk to her with an aggressive tone because she comes at them with an aggressive tone. She's trying to create a double standard that doesn't serve anyone well. If she wants a man to talk to her like a lady, then she needs to talk to him like a gentleman.
    AcookerTV, you stated everything so well!
    I just wanted to agree with you about Brandi.
    I think there is a real standard on how men treat women, depending on how the woman acts. Brandi talks and acts like a man in many ways and I think the men pick up on that and treat her the same way.
    I thought women wanted to be treated equally or is that just for when it suits them?
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    And Brandi really did infuriate me when she was trying to play the victim with Marucio. She really tried to play the woman card, saying he didn't talk to her nicely? A woman deserves to be treated like a lady ... but she has to behave like one to get that treatment!... If she wants a man to talk to her like a lady, then she needs to talk to him like a gentleman.
    Same goes with her conflicts with the other women. If you don't want to be attacked then don't attack. There's a huge flaw in her belief system, which is "if you come at me I'm going to come back at you even stronger." I know this is a value widely held in reality TV, but honestly, sometimes it's best just to ignore criticism, to let it slide off so you're not in a state of perpetual retaliation. Brandi's surrounded by discord because she won't stop feeding it.
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Same goes with her conflicts with the other women. If you don't want to be attacked then don't attack. There's a huge flaw in her belief system, which is "if you come at me I'm going to come back at you even stronger." I know this is a value widely held in reality TV, but honestly, sometimes it's best just to ignore criticism, to let it slide off so you're not in a state of perpetual retaliation. Brandi's surrounded by discord because she won't stop feeding it.
    Yes, and some people thrive on drama, aka Brandi.

FORT Fogey

I want Kim to stay sober because I am sick to death of this topic. It dominated the reunion shows; we had, had enough already. No more, please!
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-07-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    Imperfect1 and Dragonlady like this.

FORT Fogey

Just watched the final episode. I am already looking forward to next season.

I hope Paul doesn't drop out of sight. I really like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I want Kim to stay sober because I am sick to death of this topic. It dominated the reunion shows; we had, had enough already. No more, please!
    Actually it has dominated the past 3 seasons. Perhaps a reality show isn't the best fit for someone recovering from addiction. We have seen how well reality tv has done for several of dr Drew's patients. Reality TV & sobriety don't really work all that well together. If it is a question of finances, I am sorry but I do think the Hilton/Kyle & Mauricio can afford to support Kim.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Brandi is a straight up ho!! I don't know why I do this to myself, but I watched the episode titled Secrets Revealed last night, and I'm more convinced than ever she has no saving grace. Every time she opens her mouth and talks about threesomes, or flashes her boobs to anybody around, she tells us exactly who she is. Yolanda gives her credit for being like a little girl with her running mouth, but it's not innocent at all...she says the things she says to hurt people. If she isn't smart enough to know by her age that you don't just open up and spew anything on your mind, she is stupider than I thought she was. And pretending her marriage was all happy before her ex cheated doesn't convince me, either. She had to know that marriage was in trouble or like I said before, she's just extremely stupid. I don't give her much credit for being smart anyway, but she's really dumber than I had thought.

So, why is she here on this show? That's what I can't fathom. Aside from being 6' tall, she isn't all that special to look at either. She has the looks of a normal nice looking woman, but nothing more. She was never a supermodel, and there's a reason for that. Nothing really special about her looks. I guess it's because of her height and being a model once that she met somebody who became famous for a dubious reason, she found herself in a position to where somebody somewhere thought she should be on this show. But underneath it all, and notwithstanding the bs that comes out of her mouth, Brandi is quite boring and bland. There just isn't much there. Calling her "unfiltered" is just a way to excuse her lack of class and brains. I also believe she would sleep with anything on two legs. Male or female. Yuck. just yuck.

Granted, most of the people on these shows aren't really all that likable, but I just find her intolerable. It's probably a good thing the season is over because I need a break. Rant over.
    Punkin and MsDiva2007 like this.

Over the years, I have grown to notice that Bravo is always in the market for a character that will do and say just about anything. Whether these women are real or not is a mystery. Where the real person ends and the crazy Housewife character begins is difficult to determine. This is due to the high production quality of the Housewife franchise.

Bravo wants a cast member who is so out there, that after a scene, the viewer will gasp, and wonder what in the world is wrong with that woman. I don't know if it's the money or need for fame that attracts these women who will do and say anything, but they do exist and they pop up on Bravo regularly.

When I'm frustrated about their behavior, I always think back to professional wrestling. Like the WWE. They have good characters and villains. They really do fight, but it's staged. People do really get hurt though, even though, it's set up to happen. I think that's what we have witnessed with Adrienne, Vicki and some others. It's fake, but still it can take a turn for the worse without warning. Thus, the real tears we see at reunions. This is just my take on why we see women who act like Brandi and others.

FORT Fogey

I think the comparison to professional wrestling is a good one. I do think that Bravo intends to send a message with these shows that goes a bit beyond finding outrageous women to do outrageous things. I remember way back when with the first season of Real Housewives of hte OC, the opening talked about there being more happening behind the gates of Coto than people realized. I always thought that was intentional, as it was to cast people who all lived "behind the gates". At the time the show first started, The OC was a big show, and there was a lot in pop culture that was glamorizing rich opulent lifestyles. While I think the women who went on the show wanted to do it to show how fabulous their lives were (and as the shows have become bigger have seen it as an easy avenue to fame and fortune) I think that Bravo shows it with a wink and nod to the viewers. I think there's an intention on Bravo's part to show that the glamour is not all that it's cracked up to be on the surface. We see women living in incredible houses ... until they are foreclosed on. We see women telling you how perfect their families are ... until they fall apart in divorce. We see women telling you how they have the best friends on earth ... until they stab each other in the back. I've always thought that Bravo intended for there to be a bit of a message of "Be careful what you wish for - the simple life you have may be pretty darn good".
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread