+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I enjoy those extras on the Bravo site but I get so tired of watching the same commercial each time. So I didn't watch them all.
    Did you happen to hear what Kim was saying to Yolanda about her tagline? something about using lemons instead of something else. Couldn't hear her very well.

I like Andy, but announcing the reported net income of the housewives was rather tacky. Oh, I forgot, tacky is a good thing. lol I may not like Taylor, but to try to embarrass her as having such a low net worth when compared to the other millionaires, wasn't cool. I don't like cruelty in that fashion. Bravo is like Taylor's employer. Andy represents Bravo. So to do that to her in that situation was just not right, IMO.
    livin4reality and mina like this.

Finally watched the reunion shows....I think Brandi could work on how she words things and comes across to people and it wasn't her business but I do agree with her that at times it seems/appears like Kyle wants Kim to fail. Wasn't that the whole point of Kim crying and crying about Kyle questioning what was wrong with her, not defending her etc... It's exhausting to be Kim's sister probably (and Kyle always seems ready to let Kim know that), but I think it's also equally if not more exhausting for Kim to be Kyle's sister. And it must be exhausting/frustrating to be semi friends with both of them and see how they interact with one another. I also thought it was tacky that Andy told all about how much each of them was worth. I don't like Taylor but I can imagine that was insulting towards her. All in all it was a pretty calm reunion show compared to what they usually are.
    Coco46 and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I like Andy, but announcing the reported net income of the housewives was rather tacky. Oh, I forgot, tacky is a good thing. lol I may not like Taylor, but to try to embarrass her as having such a low net worth when compared to the other millionaires, wasn't cool. I don't like cruelty in that fashion. Bravo is like Taylor's employer. Andy represents Bravo. So to do that to her in that situation was just not right, IMO.
    I thought he was just asking them to respond to reports that had been published -- which gave them a chance to debunk the inflated figures.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Just finished Brandis book on my Kindle. Definitely recommend...unlike other autobios, she's honest about Eddie/etc. Was definitely interesting.

I also think Kyle doesn't believe in her sister staying sober. I wouldn't say that she wants Kim to fail though.
    I thought it was very telling when Kyle was responding to Brandi's comment angrily...that she referred to the fact that Brandi "doesn't know all SHE'S(Kyle) been thru for years regarding her sister's sobriety."
    I may have used different words here but Kyle is all about Kyle. She worries about Kim's sobriety and how it will impact her life.
    I don't think she realizes this.

Why should she worry about Kim? Kim doesn't worry about kim and the fact his her drama has affected everyone in the family. Kim mean while walks through life without caring what she had done to those who have tried to keep her silly behind among the living. I have walked more than a mile in Kyle's shoes and only those who have can really understand the ravages of having to deal with an addicted person.

Frankly I say Kyle should wash her hands of her and just let her sink or swim on her own. Let sainted Kathy deal with her and enjoy her life. Sometimes you have to let people like that go before they drown you with them.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Shoepie and 2 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I was travelling this week, so I was late in watching the second part of the reunion. My strongest reactions came from when the husbands were there. I like Ken, and I like that he'll speak his mind. I was glad he defended Paul, and the reasons he gave for doubting the abuse stories made a lot of sense. But it bugs me the way he expresses his opinions in such definitive ways. He made the declaration that there was no abuse ... how does he know for sure? I think he could benefit himself from saying "I think" or "I believe" from time to time. And Brandi really did infuriate me when she was trying to play the victim with Marucio. She really tried to play the woman card, saying he didn't talk to her nicely? A woman deserves to be treated like a lady ... but she has to behave like one to get that treatment! I used to know a woman who would mockingly hit and punch her boyfriend from time to time. Finally one day he said to her "I would never ever hit you, so why do you think it's okay to hit me?" It opened her eyes, and she never hit him again. I think the same thing applies here to Brandi. Marucio, and other men, talk to her with an aggressive tone because she comes at them with an aggressive tone. She's trying to create a double standard that doesn't serve anyone well. If she wants a man to talk to her like a lady, then she needs to talk to him like a gentleman.
    Shoepie and Dragonlady like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm usually uncomfortable when a person makes a declaration about whether or not someone (usually, a woman) has been abused. You have not way of actually knowing what has gone on behind that closed door and people whom have been abused usually work hard for you NOT to know. It's embarrassing for them and makes them look weak.
    Shoepie and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't understand the point that KIm was trying to make about people accusing her of relapsing in Paris. She was bascially denying the accusations. WHY? Recall that at Kyle's Grand Opening for her store, she ADMITTED she had taken the wrong pills. So, why didn't she admit to taking the wrong pills at the reunion instead of acting so insulted that she was falsely accused?
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread