+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2993Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read yesterday that Bravo paid for Kim's nose job. The article insinuated that Bravo was trying to test Kim's sobriety from drugs by doing this.
    Seems logical they would pay for her nose job; it is an interesting plot device. As for testing her sobriety, I doubt that. Most people cannot swing a dead cat without hitting an addict close in their life. That is just too mean. Nose jobs and face lifts are not painful and don't require narcotics, anyway.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kept listening for slurring in Kim's speech when she was talking to Lisa on that bathroom phone. She didn't sound quite right, but she seldom does.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't think she sounds quite right in those situations because of nerves and anxiety. I think Kim gets very uncomfortable in social situations, and that's why she cancels on them so often, or comes late. I think she agrees to come trying to gain the courage to go. But in many cases, as the event gets closer, she gets more and more anxious, and decides to cancel. When she calls to cancel, she gets nervous that her anxiety will be blamed instead of whatever excuse she's made up, which is why she gets so worked up about cancelling. PLUS, Kyle often times goes after her for not attending those events, so she knows she's going to have to face that wrath for the decision she makes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think, with people who are abusers of one nature or another, you have to look to the simplest, most obvious answer. If she was all hung up in anxiety, wouldn't we have been hearing about 'anxiety', ad nauseum, this whole show?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kim is a drug using flake plain and simple. If she is anxious its about people finding out she has begun using again.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Did I really hear Lisa say in a preview of the next episode that in a battle of wits between Adrienne and Brandi, Adrienne is unarmed? Please! That has to be the single most idiotic thing I have heard Lisa say.

Like another poster whose name I can't remember right now, I too hope Adrienne makes some kind of a comeback and behaves more like she did in the first seasons. I used to like her, and have to wonder how much her own fame has gone to her head. I thought she was right to try to avoid discussing things with Brandi at Lisa's tea party, but I think she should have shut it down and not taken the bait. It makes her as scuzzy as Brandi (almost) to have taken the bait.

And why did Taylor stir the pot that way anyhow? It's all so suspect. Every meal they share they have a fight. I know they need to keep the show dramatic, but i for one am totally sick of any drama involving Brandi. I detest people like Brandi. they wear the term "honest" like a badge of honor, when in all actuality it is said that discretion is the better part of valor. Is that not right? please correct me if I'm wrong. I realize I have perhaps loosely interpreted this to apply to speaking, but the meaning remains. I don't think Brandi has ever applied any thinking before speaking. Brandi's "honesty" is nothing more than a blatant excuse to shoot off her mouth and tell everyone and anyone who will listen what her opinions are. Nothing honorable in that. True honor to me is somebody knowing when to keep it zipped in the interest of not hurting somebody else, if that is the only purpose to be served by "the truth".

I detest brandi. Time for Bravo to take that particular piece of garbage to the dumpster.

Kim's lying is obviously an attempt to avoid detection. I knew when she told Kyle she had no desire to take the pain meds after her surgery, there was a problem. That is denial. Not a good sign. I hope Kim is going to daily meetings and keeping in touch with her sponsor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Did I really hear Lisa say in a preview of the next episode that in a battle of wits between Adrienne and Brandi, Adrienne is unarmed? Please! That has to be the single most idiotic thing I have heard Lisa say.
    I actually agree with Lisa. Brandi is very smart, I think. The Richardson sisters are too, IMO. Lisa is probably the brightest though. Taylor, Adrienne, and Camille are average!

Like another poster whose name I can't remember right now, I too hope Adrienne makes some kind of a comeback and behaves more like she did in the first seasons. I used to like her, and have to wonder how much her own fame has gone to her head. I thought she was right to try to avoid discussing things with Brandi at Lisa's tea party, but I think she should have shut it down and not taken the bait. It makes her as scuzzy as Brandi (almost) to have taken the bait.
    May have been me. I really liked Adrienne the first season - a lot. She just lost it as time went on. I would like to see her come back and see what she can do to redeem herself. I like her more than Brandi though only because Adrienne is such an insecure mess. It's when people who know better, e.g. Brandi, who say/do things they shouldn't that I have a problem with.

I detest brandi. Time for Bravo to take that particular piece of garbage to the dumpster.
    I was never on board the Brandi train. Yawn fest.

Brandi is Lisa's new pet what was the name of that freeloader she had living with her before. Brandi is the replacement and she will probably stab Lisa in the back too. If she already hasn't.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Brandi is Lisa's new pet what was the name of that freeloader she had living with her before. Brandi is the replacement and she will probably stab Lisa in the back too. If she already hasn't.
    Oh I agree. I can't remember that guy's name to save my life, but I think Lisa has some sort of problem with taking in scummy strays. If she never learns, it's her own fault. In a way, it might be good if Brandi did stab her in the back. Maybe she would leave the show then. Maybe. I can hope! (not saying I want anything bad to happen to Lisa)
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread