+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3012Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I live in the south, the "fly over country". One of my best friends has a horse. He's a lovely horse named Bill; I haven't a clue about show horses, but he's healthy, well groomed, and has his own barn. If I were to speculate, the couple makes about $75K year combined on a good year (husband is a contractor, so ups & downs). A nice lifestyle, but clearly not extravagant, given they have extended family they help out. I'm thinking Yo pulls in a bit more than that and that scene was all too staged. Because good gods, if you have a 5 acre lemon tree field in Beverly Hills, you've got a bit more free cash than that. Plus, isn't David the "man" of the house? Shouldn't he be providing for his wife's children? Certainly 34,000 awards give him some money, right?

Brandi - funny how everyone who makes friends with her doesn't stay friends with her. Even though she and Lisa are still friends, it seems as if Lisa has put some distance between the two. Camille has distanced herself. I'll be curious to see how long she and Yolanda fare.
    I am betting not very long.I just find Brandi slutty, and gossipy. I dont like her , not at all.

I like Lisa, and although Yolanda is an uptight sort- I don't see her fitting in with these drama queens.Good lord..
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i am convinced bravo wants us to know kim was on more than alcohol . . . . deviated septums are common in people who snort drugs. and they showed her drug trash in the limo last season.
    First I've ever heard that.
    Kim has had that nose since childhood.
    I had deviated septum surgery years ago and never had a nose job. Several of my friends did, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm glad I never had to deal with addiction from "a front row seat".
    Yes you should be. It is not for the tame. You love them but you can't win whatever you do. The druggie has the nerve to think they owe you nothing. Yet you have bailed them out, taken care of their kids, washed them up after they have gone through withdrawals. Then you have those family members who do the least for them but have the biggest opinions. They live outside of the bubble of living and caring for an addict and think they know it all.

So yeah Kim needs to shut it when it comes to those lives she has made miserable with her addiction and craziness.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 02-12-2013 at 03:16 AM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    It seems really dangerous to me that Kim is willing to live out her addiction/sobriety issues in front of the cameras. Yes, i suppose it might make you think twice about relapsing when the world is watching, but it's all about you and what you decide to do with your life, and it seems to me the stress of being in the public eye so much would be a negative thing. Hell, the idea of being in a fishbowl like these women are makes me want a drink, and I don't drink!

I have anxiety/panic issues which a very good doctor told me he believes are related to a chemical imbalance in the brain. I can tell you I would not be able to handle living my life in such a public way. I would be eating the benzos like candy! Kim seems to me to have some form of anxiety, which often people will self-medicate down to "normal" by drinking and/or using drugs. I can totally relate, because further exploration of my own issue led me to believe that all the partying i did when I was in my 20's was really an attempt to relax and feel normal. I could not socialize without anxiety. Drinking helped. Of course, this was not the way to handle my particular problem, which I found out later on. I did need meds to deal with my particular issue. I'm ok with that because I've come to see that mine is a physical problem. I realize that there are those who wouldn't and don't agree with me on this, but that doesn't bother me as it's my life and I've not had any issues regarding my meds.

Maybe being on camera isn't a problem for Kim because she sort of grew up that way, I don't know.
    Everyone is different. Public attention aversion is one problem. People can have that whether or not they have other anxiety problems. And there are others who have anxiety problems that have zero problems with public speaking and attention. Kim started out as a public figure. That is what gave her security originally. So this reality tv might be a little like home (or anxiety reducing).

It is good to identify what causes ones own anxiety. Do people bite? Only if they really end up biting themselves. If they are picking at you, it really means that they have bad self esteem problems themselves. You can feel sorry for them and stay away from them. Empathy for others anxieties can help a lot. In one of my yoga classes, the well studied teacher said that the solution for all problems is to be able to see others as we see ourselves. To stop using "he, she or they" so much. Congratulations on working through you issues Lilymax. We all have stuff we must just surrender to.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Random thoughts:

So what is the truth about the letter? I am inclined to think a letter does exist and threatened a law suit if she continued to ignore a clause in their contract to avoid taboo subjects. Or she is being fined for breaking a clause in her contract. Adrianne has a deal with the franchaise that her kids are off limits. It could be that it is from a lawyer representing the show. I think both women are skirting the truth but there is some in there somewhere.

Kim is not claiming her nose job is because of a diviated septum. The doctor mentioned that in passing as he examined her. She clearly wanted the shape altered.

Kyle could have easily said, I am sorry for not sticking up for you about Sur. It seemed you straightened it out right there on the spot and didn't need back up. If there were not lines drawn in the sand Kyle may have. Unfortunately, Kyle is playing Switzerland and not doing a very good job at it. She wants to be liked by everyone (don't we all) and fears retribution should she appear to support someone another may dislike. She doesn't see that being genuine on any topic fosters respect. That said, WTF is up with these women wanting to be in everyone's business?

Oh good god, only one horse?

Too much pink, Lisa. Does Bravo really think viewers believe these women eat what they serve on this show? Come on.

I enjoyed seeing Taylor stir the pot! Adrianne leaking stuff to Radar is believable.

This show would be dull for me without Brandi. I wonder how long it will be before Eddie leaves Leanne (or she him). Their dwindling popularity/income and Leannes motional instability may pose a problem. He is box office poison now as is Leanne so they are lying in the bed they created that may not be comfortable for the long haul. And good.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-12-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

This is the second time I remember seeing Lisa demand an apology like that, and I'm kind of glad Kyle refused. She did it with Adrienne too. Lisa seems to think that unless someone follows her script, they have not apologized ... but if they repeat exactly the words she dictates to them, everything is fine. I'm not sure if Lisa realizes how demeaning it comes across or not. But when she sits there and tells somoene "this is exactly what you need to say to me to make me happy" it is insulting. No one should give in to it.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Only one horse? Please. Yolanda is married to David Foster and her ex-husband (and the child's father) is Mohammed. Only one horse? Please.

FORT Fogey

I think that Yolanda makes comments like that because she desparately wants the audience to think she's the down to earth woman they can relate to. It's not working, but I think that in her mind, that's what she's doing.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Newbie

I think when people talk about addiction or cancer being a family affair,it's a testament that both of these issues have a huge emotional impact on those around them. Most addicts are incredible manipulators and so is Kim. But Kyle is also a huge manipulator. I remember hearing(and expereincing first-hand) that anyone who deals with an alcoholic or drug addict without help ususally ends up as sick as the DA/A. Kyle has all the signs of someone who has no clue about her sister's issues or her own. It seems when Kim tries to set limits with Kyle, Kyle brings out all the old issues. I don't think Kyle is capable of a normal relationship. Both of these women will never be healthy until they really get to the root of thier issues...their upbringing. Also, how stable is anyone who would pick Faye for a friend.ewww!

+ Reply to Thread