+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3014Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm sure Bravo paid for the surgery...they'll pay for anything that might bring big ratings...like OTT Bachelor weddings.
    I know that a lot of people have become cynical about reality shows and the networks that air them, (and oftentimes with good reason), but for whatever it's worth, I don't think it's a bad thing that a network would pay out big bucks for their viewers' entertainment. As an example, I loved The Bachelor couples' weddings, and I was so glad they were televised so that I (and lots of other fans who were rooting for these couples' happiness) could get to enjoy their special moments with them. And I really enjoy the trips and special events that the networks provide in so many of the reality shows. And by the way, just for the record, although the Bravo network probably pays for plenty of things to bring big ratings, The Bachelor is on ABC, so I think it would've been ABC or The Bachelor's production company that paid for their weddings.

I still think Kyle takes Kim's addiction problems as a personal affront to her...She tries so very hard to make her life perfect and Kim is the fly in the ointment. I understand that it probably has caused difficult times for Kyle/family....that happens in families....but she makes it out to be all about her....very Taylor-like.
    She shows that she doesn't believe Kim can remain sober but mostly because it will upset her little perfect life.

I also didn't care for everyone jumping on the fact that Kim could be given pain killers and how would that affect her sobriety...that, to me, was none of their business.. maybe it was Kyle's business because she's family but the rest of the High and Mighty Judges of All Things..should stay out of it.
    But judging everyone else is what they all do, constantly.

I don't care for Yolanda but it's mostly about her attitude....if she wants to act and believe that being a 50s type wife is the right thing and do everything possible to be healthy...then fine..it's her life. She gets to choose...But her attitude is that HER way is the only Right Way....I'm so tired of health-freaks trying to tell everyone else what to do.
    Do whatever you want with your life but leave others to choose their way. And she should be guiding her daughter...not dictating to her. But Yolanda's Way is the Right Way.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree with everything you said, Dragon and lilymax.

The only thing we have control over is our own life. Others lives are not our business, family or not. Allow them to be who they are and love what you can. Kyle made a choice to help her sister; throwing that in her face or crying poor me "look what she has done to my family" is born out of ignorance. Kim is not beholden to Kyle in anyway.

The AA nonsense that this is a family business is arcane. One cannot stop an addiction for any other reason than self motivation. Family hounding and hovering is counter productive. It takes away the personal power of the addict.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-10-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Here's a thought maybe next time Kim gets drunk or high or whatever I say Kyle and Mauricio turn their backs on her and let her sink or swim on her own. I mean since its not her business. I also say Kim needs to stop telling her sister her problems if she doesn't want her opinion. When dealing with addicts their rank behavior has an effect on the entire family. So its very much their business when these people do things that make people have to help take care of them,fix their problems etc.

If I was Kyle I would make like she did not exsist and let her see what it feels like to be truly alone with her issues.
    prhoshay, Shoepie and Imperfect1 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's like when one person gets cancer....the whole family "has cancer". I see it the same with addiction.
    Shoepie and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's like when one person gets cancer....the whole family "has cancer". I see it the same with addiction.
    With addicts though they are soul sucking leeches. We had one in my family they take resources and time away from people who want help. The one in my family had a sister in college to be a Dr. The family had to take money to bail out,dry out a crackhead who stole from them and had little regard for the families safety. So no I am on Kyles side in this. Kyle needs to let her go. Let Kathy help her since Kim seems to not want Kyle's help. I mean really we see what a stellar job she did with Paris.smh.
    Imperfect1 and Duckyface like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

In Kim's situation, the most hurt people would be her children; and perhaps Kyle's children in having to deal with adult situations that children need not know of. It is children we feel most for. Kyle can take care of herself. But I could see her aggravation in trying to process why it is ok for Kim to just check out when others are required to be present. We show our love by being there. And the checking out can be viewed as non-love instead of just personal weakness.

It might be better off as a rule to leave crackheads in jail. Their likelihood of living might actually be higher there. But I do not actually know.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

In my educated opinion. If you want to help an addict do it with no attachment to the outcome. It is out of your control. You can be loving yet set firm boundries.

I hate when they say, when someone gets cancer, the whole family gets cancer. No, no they don't. You are affected, certainly, if a loved one is in pain or on the verge of losing their life. How you live your life with that challenge is up to you. Our reactions are under our control. The patient benefits or can be hindered by the actions of those around them. Climbing down now.
    livin4reality and Dragonlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I didn't feel that way, it was tiring, and it hurt. But I went nowhere near the pain the family member involved did.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been that immediate family member, and I know what I experienced. Life and relationships change.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread