+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2924Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I read yesterday that Bravo paid for Kim's nose job. The article insinuated that Bravo was trying to test Kim's sobriety from drugs by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read yesterday that Bravo paid for Kim's nose job. The article insinuated that Bravo was trying to test Kim's sobriety from drugs by doing this.
    If I hadn't before I have lost total respect for BRAVO if this story is true. I haven't watched this show in weeks.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

The question of who paid for the nose job may or may not come up. I thought her health insurance paid, the way her doctor kept saying how bad her deviated septum was. He must have commented on it at least 5 times.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    If I hadn't before I have lost total respect for BRAVO if this story is true. I haven't watched this show in weeks.
    Can't lose what I never had!
    Coco46 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I'm sure Bravo paid for the surgery...they'll pay for anything that might bring big ratings...like OTT Bachelor weddings.
    Does anyone else notice that in the PIs with Kyle, when she's talking about Kim...which she does a lot...that she's Never, Never optimistic about Kim's sobriety?
    Now maybe more has gone on that we don't know and that her use of alcohol and drugs has been a HUGE problem for her and the family....I don't know but after listening to Kyle, she has no hope that Kim will stay sober. It's either she's fed up w/Kim's drug/drink issues and knows she'll fail........or she's just jealous of Kim, like she always has been. When someone is as phony as Kyle, you have to look behind her words to figure things out.

I think the Dr. just gave her the surgery gratis, as it's a big plug for his business.

Lots of Dr's do things like that for the free publicity.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I totally agree that Brandy's nonsensical lashing out-- and then taking refuge in her self-pitying claims of "poor little me, I don't have a big Man to defend and protect me from all these witchy meanies"-- is getting more than a little old.

But the one who makes me grind my teeth is the new housewife-- with her "nanny-ism"-- not only the shushing, but all the "advertisements for myself" that she comes out with--this nonstop steam of self-satisfied little pronouncements. Particularly the ones about what "men" like and "men" want-- and her enviable talent for inflating her husband's already large ego to dirigible size.
    Last edited by cavendish; 02-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Coco46 and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm sure Bravo paid for the surgery...they'll pay for anything that might bring big ratings...like OTT Bachelor weddings.
    Does anyone else notice that in the PIs with Kyle, when she's talking about Kim...which she does a lot...that she's Never, Never optimistic about Kim's sobriety?
    Now maybe more has gone on that we don't know and that her use of alcohol and drugs has been a HUGE problem for her and the family....I don't know but after listening to Kyle, she has no hope that Kim will stay sober. It's either she's fed up w/Kim's drug/drink issues and knows she'll fail........or she's just jealous of Kim, like she always has been. When someone is as phony as Kyle, you have to look behind her words to figure things out.
    Yes, I have noticed the comments Kyle makes about Kim's sobriety. It's apparent that Kyle has not undergone EDUCATION classes that MOST rehab centers suggest or require of the patient's family. (I know due to my brother's inpatient treatment for drug addiction...twice.)

Anyway, she doesn't sound like she knows the first thing about addiction and sobriety. Relapse is very common in addiction. It's a major characteristic of the disease. And it doesn't mean that the addict is somehow trying to bother the family member or show them disrespect. And it's not a moral issue. People don't relapse because they are mean, bad or weak. Anyone can relapse and most do. The best remedy is to attend regular meetings, even everyday is not uncommon, and keep your support system strong.

If Kyle would take the time to learn something about addiction, she might see things a little differently. Kim's addiction has hurt her. This is true, but Kyle's interpretation that this is personal attack on her, may be bringing her unnecessary pain.
    Shoepie and Dragonlady like this.

It bothers me too that Kyle seems to take Kim's addiction so personally. It's not about you, Kyle! It's an illness, and it gets old when people think of it as a weakness or a moral issue. Sort of like when people get addiction and dependency mixed up or think they're the same thing. They aren't. By now you would think most people would know more about these issues, but there really is no excuse for Kyle, as she's Kim's sister. You can tell she's so uncomfortable talking about it. So she just says "we'll have to see" and blows it off. Really helpful. I'm starting to suspect Kyle's motives in everything she says and does.

I wonder now if Lisa's "friendship" with Brandi is just faked for the show. I just can't believe that she would be that interested in Brandi now that she's revealed how stupid she really is. Lisa defends her far too much, and too vigorously. It does not make sense.

I agree about Yolanda and her pronouncements about what men like. I don't think she will last long barring drama in her marriage or something. She's boring. I was expecting her to be a strong, independent woman, but to hear her talking like a housewife from the 50's is just unreal. How archaic.

These women are nuts. They can't sit down to dinner without drama ensuing. Of course, that's part of why I watch, lol.
    Brandi, however, is bringing in a new level of stupidity that I just can't find interesting in the least. I wish she would leave.
    Shoepie and JustJuls like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    It bothers me too that Kyle seems to take Kim's addiction so personally. It's not about you, Kyle! It's an illness, and it gets old when people think of it as a weakness or a moral issue. Sort of like when people get addiction and dependency mixed up or think they're the same thing. They aren't. By now you would think most people would know more about these issues, but there really is no excuse for Kyle, as she's Kim's sister. You can tell she's so uncomfortable talking about it. So she just says "we'll have to see" and blows it off. Really helpful. I'm starting to suspect Kyle's motives in everything she says and does.
    I think that when someone has a serious addiction over the course of many, many years, it IS about the family and the other people who are closely involved in the addict's life. I think Kyle's (and Mauricio's) lives have been very seriously affected in a horrible way by Kim's addiction. If you remember back to the infamous 'limo scene' Kyle told Kim how much pain and anguish Kim had cost them over the years, and she reminded Kim of the fact that so many times Kyle and Mauricio took her in when she hit bottom and was all strung out, and how they spent so many thousands of dollars trying to help her. And Kim was screaming that Kyle and Mauricio "stole" Kim's house. It doesn't matter who was exaggerating or whatever. Kim's addiction and her inability to function properly obviously have seriously impacted Kyle's life, and I think that's why Kyle is so skeptical about Kim's ability to stop her addictive behavior, and why she takes it so personally.
    MsDiva2007 and Duckyface like this.

+ Reply to Thread