+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3000Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

As regards Adrienne's "secret", several sites are reporting that she had a difficult pregnancy with her oldest son and used a surrogate for the younger twins. Looking at pictures of the family as a whole, either Paul's genes are SUPER strong, or they're all genetically related. As the story has been told on other blogs (so, ya know, grain of salt and all), the surrogate was a close friend of Adrienne's and a child psychologist advised her not to tell the boys until they were at least 10 (some say older), so they can comprehend the situation. The surrogacy was off limits per her contract with Bravo, thus the edit and cease and desist letter....or if they were in the OC, the cyst and decease order. (Oh, Tamra, how I hate to love your trashy ways!)

But back to tonight's episode...Kyle's daughter graduated out of elementary school, which was nice for her, but I felt bad for the young lady that the occasion gave Kyle a chance to bemoan Kathy and Kim skipping out, but not so much tearing up about her parents' death (she couldn't help them being dead). What surprised me is that Kyle said that her daughter is one year away from her bat mitzvah. All these years, and I missed they were Jewish...not that it's an issue, but it seemed kind of out of left field since I do not recall her ever really expressing any religious belief and I sincerely hope she wasn't joking about it, as sacred rituals are not to be joked about.

Yolanda.....that chicken dinner up in the lemon orchards...wouldn't it have been cold by the time they ate? How did they keep the dog from eating the chicken? Why are you trying to be the perfect version of 1950 Betty Crocker? It's weird she's stuck around this long filming mostly solo. Heck, it's even weird that Kim's still around filming solo (and that she has a "house man" or whatever he's called), but at least she has some history with the show. I'm bored with Yolanda, but maybe WWHL tonight will change my mind (or next week's ep, as things seem to explode).

Marissa, while she doesn't seem caustic, is pretty dull. She had one decent exchange at dinner at Charlie Palmer's, but other than her mother's nagging on her wardrobe, she doesn't bring much to the table. And her mother has nothing on the other insane RH parents...she's no Elsa or George or even the little seen menace that is Vicki's mom on OC.

So the ladies all got along for one dinner. Calm before the storm, I say. This is totally a guilty pleasure for me. I might need a shower before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My deceased ex-MIL always said "A man should love you more than you love him." I always found that interesting.
    Interesting. I do not really know how all that works. I think they should respect and appreciate you. I am glad that Marisa gave some honoring words for her husband. I thought she was disrespectful and rather boring. But I guess she was trying to flatter and connect with Brandi. So I will give her self important behavior a pass.

I think BRandi's face looks natural, andYolanda for all the natural talk has enough botox to freeze any expression out of her face. I thought she was older than 42.
    Debb70 likes this.
    You can do it!

I think BRandi's face looks natural, andYolanda for all the natural talk has enough botox to freeze any expression out of her face. I thought she was older than 42.
    I find Yolanda very harsh looking She reminds me of a Bridget Nielsen before she drank herself to ill health. Yolanda is in good shape, she just bugs me

I said up-thread Brandi is good looking, until she opens that mouth and its F this and f that. ugh
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Omg yes Bridgett that is who she reminds me of.
    Prism and norealityhere like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I feel kind of bad saying it, but Yolanda has spent so much time this season trying to present this absolutely perfect "all women would be happy if only they did things like I did" lifestyle that I'm kind of hoping the news breaks in a month or so that David Foster has left her. I do not believe for a second that the life she lives is anything like what we see when the cameras are rolling. I accept there is a degree of being fake for all the women on all these shows. But Yolanda really takes the cake.
    Prism likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks Phonegrrrl. I don't like Adrianne, never have. I don't think the work done on her face is good either. So she used a suragate. Not a big deal. Time to tell the boys, if that is all there is to it. Drama over.

Brandi is only 40 and has not had any work done. That is very obvious to me. She is beautiful and so thin that it will be a very long time before anything on her face sags. People with lean faces age well. Yolanda is is 49 and certainly had a lift.

I liked the dinner conversation and hearing more about Brandi. My heart goes out to her. The same thing happened to me so I understand the pain. He cheated on her multiple times yet told her she was beautiful everyday and made her feel secure when she was anything but? UGH!

Looks like some fireworks next week. So Lisa does not own Sur? Interesting. I tried getting on the restaurant's site and I got a Forbiden message! Apparently it is blocked.

Found this though.

SUR is now co-owned by Guillermo, his wife Nathalie and long established professional restauranteurs Ken Todd and his lovely wife Lisa Vanderpump (she has designed 26 restaurants and bars they own in Europe). They have also opened villa Blanca in North Hollywood.
    WHEN THE BUSINESS OF CUISINE BECOMES AN ART FORM - YOU HAVE - SUR
    Last edited by Shoepie; 01-29-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Omg yes Bridgett that is who she reminds me of.
    I think that's who she wants to look like as well

Brandi has had some filler, and a little botox, not a line on that face after all she has been though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think that's who she wants to look like as well

Brandi has had some filler, and a little botox, not a line on that face after all she has been though
    Botox, yes but I see no indication of fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You and me both. She is a good looking looking girl,all legs and hair. Nice skin, lots going for her, then she opens her mouth
    She definitely is poor compared to everyone else, but not poor by any stretch of the imagination. Did anyone see the 400 dollar toaster on her counter? Now it could be a leftover wedding present that she got in the divorce, but still--who spends that much on a toaster? During my days as a single mom, I lived with my kids in a postage stamp size apartment, a few times had utilities shut off due to not having enough money to stretch month to month and worked 2 jobs and went to school. I would have loved to have been "poor" as her.

I do still like her though, and think the lawsuit is absolutely ridiculous. She is good looking and I think has had some "refreshing" done but in a good way. She could probably even still get some modeling jobs. But really, get some sort of job if you don't have money.

Are we sure Brandi is 40? I thought she was much younger. I don't think she looks overdone either.

I thought Yolonda was much older than she claims. IMO, she appears to be around 59 with lots of work done. And as she sat with Suzanne Summers, Lisa and Kyle, I tried to determine if Yolonda, looks any better than the other ladies on the show, who don't eat her mystical green soup and shakes. LOL I don't think so.

I CRACKED UP, when Yolonda was talking about her devotion to her husband and marriage and she said she thought that she and David had a 95% chance of making it! LOL
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread