+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I see this situation a little differently....like that's a big surprise. I see it as a woman who wants to see her daughter succeed and wants to tell her the "ins and outs" that Yolanda wishes she'd had somebody to tell her early on in her career. Only another model could tell you that stuff. I don't think that she's, at all, jealous of her daughter and feeling that she is past her prime...which is not to say that she does not miss those days. She only wants the best for her daughter, like any of us would.
    I think you're right about this....and I think all of us parents do this to our kids about a lot of things....just wanting to help them avoid the pitfalls that we all had to get past. The only problem is that we find more often than not, that the kids need to make the mistakes to learn....We want to save them but it doesn't work until they experience it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Yolanda certainly is a control freak and a bit narcissistic. She wants to be the woman who knows how to do everything & has it all under control. She probably knows she has a Sell By date with her husband, and is trying to extend her shelf life. She is smart, pretty, and accomplished; sadly, it won't be enough to keep the egocentric husband interested.
    Either way Yolanda will be ok. It is about how she makes him feel about himself and how much self esteem he has. So many what its out there. I have a lot of friends who choose to be alone. They know that they will be happier.....I am warmed when I look at couples who have been together for years.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think you're right about this....and I think all of us parents do this to our kids about a lot of things....just wanting to help them avoid the pitfalls that we all had to get past. The only problem is that we find more often than not, that the kids need to make the mistakes to learn....We want to save them but it doesn't work until they experience it themselves.
    And this is one of those lessons that WE have to learn through experience. Obviously, we go on learning throughout our lives. We love them so much that we want them to avoid what we've been through, but that is, generally, not possible. If we've raised them right (or, even if we haven't) it's human nature for our offspring to chart their own course.....much to our frustration, sometimes! Now, if there is something not quite right/abnormal between their ears, we'll probably experience a different outcome where the offspring cannot detach like they normally should.

And WHY do we always need to worry about men's egos/self-esteem when they seldom worry about ours???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Brandi was all up in the girls face about cheating. Well Eddie cheated with her on his soap star girlfriend. she needs to have a seat imo
    I dont like her, not at all.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And this is one of those lessons that WE have to learn through experience.

And WHY do we always need to worry about men's egos/self-esteem when they seldom worry about ours???
    Exactly right.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    You can do it!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Just how good of a friend to Kyle is Marissa? Kim was "in the desert" in the late 90s and early 2000s with their mom when the mom was sick. Big Kathy died in 2002, and Kim has clearly been back to the LA area for at least 3 years (the run of the show). And yeah, Kim is a bit of a flake and doesn't show up every time, but I seem to recall her attending at least a couple of Kyle's big "White Party" events. I'm also curious about Marissa's house....maybe it goes on for miles in the back or something, but it looked very much like it could be the Brady's neighbors' house.

Yolanda and the master cleanse just killed me with laughter. She's so serious about it!

Kyle needs to hang it up and never host a dinner party again. She should be glad to get through dinner with her kids without the cute little one cursing out the one with the Benz for parking on her favorite dolly, punctuated with a quick swig from her sippy cup. How long is Bravo going to spend on The Thing That Must Not Be Said discussion without saying it? The group doesn't seem shocked at the truth of the statement that Brandi uttered, just that she said it aloud. No one, save Adrienne and Paul, have asserted the statement was untrue. It's all too silly. And oh, Mauricio, sweetie, when are we going to have you fitted for a diaper and a rattle? Brandi was right on one point...he needs to STFU.

God, I love this mess. It distracts me from my own real life craziness!
    norealityhere likes this.

This season is boring to me. I want to like Yolanda but there is just something about her that bugs me. truthfully I only like Kyle and Lisa.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I still think that most of the issues between Kyle and Kim go back to jealousy from their childhood. I think Kyle was jealous that Kim had a bigger acting career than she did. And I think Kim was jealous that Kyle got more of a normal childhood because she didn't work as much. Both of them desparately wanted what the other one had, their mother probably did not do anything to discourage that (since it did help to drive their careers), and they are still clinging to those feelings to this day.

Remember the season starting with Adrienne indicating some contention with Paul at the dinner table. Brandy is almost a non issue between them.

Kyle is such a wanabee.
    I do like Kim...She is authentic.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    This season is boring to me. I want to like Yolanda but there is just something about her that bugs me. truthfully I only like Kyle and Lisa.
    I want to like her, she just seems- .

I like Lisa, the rest are boring
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread