+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3003Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny View Post
    Anyone else feel like Kim has been a bit harsh and venomous towards Kyle, especially in the last episode? I know Kyle is far from perfect but I was a bit taken aback at how resentful Kim was when talking to and about her sister. She says she's trying, forgiving, and moving forward, but as far as Kyle is concerned, I don't see it.
    I respectfully disagree. IMO, Kim is finally finding "her voice" where Kyle is concerned. Kyle comes off as a big old bully. It's fine for her to instigate, humiliate and denigrate others - including Kim - but when the others attempt to fight back, it's suddenly not okay with her. I really think Kim has a great deal of built up resentment towards Kyle, for whatever reasons and we've seen bits and pieces of some of those, and she's finally standing her ground with her.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

The first season I liked Kyle, but the more I see of her, the less I like her. I find her very snicky and manipulative. IMO, she loves to start trouble. I don't think that's a role Bravo gave her, but rather her natural state. Her continued frienship with the Resnick lady reinforces my belief about her. I do not care for that lady, but Kyle seems to be very close to her. Bad news, IMO.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny View Post
    Anyone else feel like Kim has been a bit harsh and venomous towards Kyle, especially in the last episode? I know Kyle is far from perfect but I was a bit taken aback at how resentful Kim was when talking to and about her sister. She says she's trying, forgiving, and moving forward, but as far as Kyle is concerned, I don't see it.
    When you remove the booze from a drunk their true self is reveled. I was married to one for 25 years; trust me the few moments he wasn't drinking the "real" him came out & it wasn't pretty. The person you see now is the real Kim; she is a 50-something woman with no career or man in her life and her children are all about to leave the nest. Unless she has a strong support system she will never handle her new-found sobriety.

My take on this whole Brandi/Adrienne thing...if you live in glass houses don't walk around naked and then complain when your neighbor takes pictures & sells them to TMZ. Camille was open and upfront about using a surrogate; if this is in fact A&P's "secret" that would have been the perfect time to admit she too went that way with her twins & people would have applauded her. I honestly do not think that is what this is all about. My gut is telling me that this is more that A&P were living apart by that time and they were trying to pull a scam(not the correct term) on BRAVO & their viewers that they had a "happy marriage". Who cares whether or not A&P were getting divorced!!! Why would Adrienne want Brandi to lie about Lisa & Radar when Adrienne sold them the story about Brandi? Pot meet kettle!

Wasn't Kyle guilty of gossiping about the story to Faye Resnick & did repeat what Brandi said at Sur. BTW WHO THE HECK is Fayne Resnick to scold Brandi on anything. This had zero to do with her.....NOTHING! Marissa that was at Kyle's dinner party is rumored to be the next HW.
    BubbleBunny and Imperfect1 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Have you all seen the previews for Lisa's new show? OMG. I don't get it. Why would Lisa expose herself like that? I just don't get it. Is she that desperate for money? I like Lisa. She's actually my favorite of the group, but why do that new show?

I have an idea. They should find a very good psychiatrist and have them consult with and evaluate the reality tv stars to see what in the world is wrong with them. They would lay on the couch and talk about their childhood, relationships, etc., that led them to expose themselves to the world. I would really like to know as it seems like there is not enough money in the world to compensate them for what they have revealed in those shows.

While I am an avid viewer, I recently just started feeling uncomfortable watching some of the scenes. It's really slimy. Acting like trash, gossiping about friends, falsely accusing others, etc. Even if it's staged, it's not aired that way so you end up looking like a loser.

All these ladies who don't need the money really confuse me........they must be VERY desperate or bored to death.
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-18-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

Since the show started, Lisa has gone from one restaurant to two. I know a couple of peole who have specifically gone to her restaurants while out in LA because they've watched her on RHBH. So I would guess that Lisa sees getting exposure for the restaurants as a good business move. That might implode. It may be a disaster like back when NBC did the show with Rocco DiSpirito, and everyone was so disgusted to see all the behind the scenes things at the restaurant that no one wanted to go, and suddenly he lost ALL his restaurants. But my guess is that she sees this as an opportunity to grow her restaurant business.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Since the show started, Lisa has gone from one restaurant to two. I know a couple of peole who have specifically gone to her restaurants while out in LA because they've watched her on RHBH. So I would guess that Lisa sees getting exposure for the restaurants as a good business move. That might implode. It may be a disaster like back when NBC did the show with Rocco DiSpirito, and everyone was so disgusted to see all the behind the scenes things at the restaurant that no one wanted to go, and suddenly he lost ALL his restaurants. But my guess is that she sees this as an opportunity to grow her restaurant business.
    My guess is that Lisa believes she's beat the Bravo system so far; and she's up for what she thinks is further use of Bravo to pump her business. She's just egomaniacal enough to believe Bravo won't take her down the way it's taken down so many others. Bravo may polish her star- they did so when they cast Bethenny is a good light even when she was flaky and dopey - but on the other hand, Lisa just might be in for a surprise, poor girl.
    Dragonlady and Debb70 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I agree that Kyle's friendship with that sleazy Faye character reflects very poorly on her. Faye's judgmental, sanctimonious, and catty behavior towards Brandi was beyond unnecessary. Does she really think this behavior gives her a shot at becoming a regular cast-member when they apparently have people like Marissa in the running? Camille (who I still think showed more of her true self that first season than she'd like to admit) must have felt very vindicated watching that scene.

The fact that Radar Online is apparently the source Adrienne uses to spill her gossip makes me question whether the surrogate story is in fact what Brandi spilled or if there at least is not more to it. Adrienne may have leaked the surrogate thing herself to lessen speculation that might reveal something else. Or, of course, Radar Online is just the source everyone associated with the show is tied to and that's how they got the scoop.
    Debb70 likes this.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

I think Lisa is doing this new show in part to boost her restaurant business & in part to single herself away from the pack of the rest of these vultures in stillettos. IIRC last season she wasn't as involved with the rest of the cast due to her planning Pandora's wedding. I am betting this is her last season on RHWBH.

I still also think the beans Brandi spilled were about A&P living apart. She did say "we all know about it but no one will say it". I used to like Adrienne & thought of her as a voice of reason but when she went after Lisa over Radar Online why did she never produce her "source". I think it was Adrienne all along because she did it to Brandi who quite honestly is her own worse enemy. Adrienne was upset that Lisa decided to move yet is now moving herself.

I am over Kyle & her diva husband, over poor poor Kim, done with Taylor, tired of Brandi. I thought Camallie was no longer on this show. We see very little of Yolanda(who can blame her). If this show is going to have Faye Resnik as a regular....I am so done with it.

If this Marissa is in fact a new HW there are just way too many & someone or several someones have to go....on my they can do it survivor style; Team Gucci/Team Pucci; have tribal meetings at The Polo. The winners are the team that gets the most scoops sold to RadadOnline, ET & Access Hollywood. The viewers can also vote online as to which was the best/worst story of the week. The winner gets a first story on TMZ for a week.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Am I the only one that disliked Kyle's dining room?? They kept talking about it so I was expecting something amazing but it was sort of blah; white walls and purple curtains- Faye really knocked herself out on this one! I did like the round dining room table, but I didn't see anything that required months of work....
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It looked so dated, with the white painted brick, the wallpaper, and those mauve curtains, which seemed to flutter behind everyone like an old talk show curtain. I think Lisa said it best when she entered the room--the flowers were gorgeous.

+ Reply to Thread