+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I am fully convinced that that so called business party that Kyle described for her husband was fake. I think all those guests were either actors or extras who were told to be there and look like you're interested in some property. I do not believe it's how they portrayed it. NO way.

Is this the car that Kyle gave her daughter? That kind of car for a kid that just started driving is ridiculous. It made me a little sick.

Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class
    I said the same thing back a bit. And I will go so far as to say ALL of the gatherings are staged. They all make reference to their real friends. I doubt they socialize much when the show isn't filming. Central casting is responsible for the guest lists. I am sure actors are clammoring to be at a party.

FORT Fogey

During the scene where Kyle's daughter was getting the Mercedes, I kept on looking at the shots of the Mercedes, seeing a really nice looking Hyundai Sonata parked behind it down the street and thinking that the Hyundai would have made a really really nice first car gift for a girl her age! Heck, I'd be excited to have the Sonata as a gift now, and I've got a lot more driving experience under my belt!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am sorry but this is the age of the internet. If you choose to participate in a public forum such as RHW you can pretty much expect that some of those skeletons in your closet will be exposed.

If they had a contract that those "secrets" would not be reveled on the show then their beef is with Bravo & not Brandi. All Bravo had to do was edit that section away. Love her or hate her Brandi is who she is. Why did Adrienne tell her in the 1st place?
    Seriously, why even tell Bravo? It's just leverage. I'm sure they didn't have to divulge private things to Bravo about their children and how they had them. I'm sure Bravo really cared about protecting the Maloofs gigantic secret. I think Brandi is also at fault; she took what she could and ran with it to try and discredit P and A. During the birth sharing stories, Adrienne didn't have to say anything or just given a quick quip, but she went into a really detailed thing about her C section. If you don't want your children to know then don't tell anyone; especially not a network. Bravo didn't let the cat out of the bag but they let everyone know there is a secret which is kind of the same thing.

I just don't think that the secret that was so huge that Adrienne wa screaming about character defamation and lawsuits and Bravo wouldn't even air Brandi's actual words was something as simple as using a surrogate. If it was something like one of the children wasn't really paul's biologcal child, that reaction might be a little more believable. But just a surrogate?
    Uncle David likes this.

AND why would this WHOLE surrogacy thing come up with P&A when they were speaking to Brandi on the phone about going to Twitter about Lisa .

I am confused because isn't that when Brandi learned of them having a surrogate when A called her and as Brandi said they spoke for a solid HOUR.

Why are P&A so bothered by this getting out? Big deal, many people do it.
    KAREN

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm bored tonight and rewatching last night's episode and I totally forgot about Paul & Adrienne's BBQ and how it amused me. Here they are in a gazillion dollar house, and Paul's griping about the wine and then look at the food products they've got out on the counter: Kraft dressing, Wonder Bread hamburger buns, frozen burgers, ice burg lettuce for a salad, frozen Ore Ida fries, and a big ole can of Bush's baked beans. Now, I don't mean there's anything wrong with any of these products, not one bit. But it just seems so out of character for someone who gripes about the quality of white wine while prepping these foods and someone else with a $100,000 spa in their house. I'm sure it's staged and they had Paul's nephews over so they may have been serving what the kids like, but it's also kind of funny to me. I'd buy a ticket to see Adrienne eat a big plate of an ice burg lettuce salad with Kraft 1000 Islands dressing, a frozen burger on a Wonder Bread bun, fries with catchup, and a heaping serving of baked beans.
    Uncle David, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Well, at this juncture, I'm hands-down on Adrienne's side.

Did Adrienne overreact to Lisa's British humor last season? Yes.
    Was Adrienne wrong to accuse Lisa of selling stories to the press? Yes.

That's where it ends.

No one has seen or heard of a single hurtful thing that A&P did or said to Brandi. THis is Brandi injecting herself into Lisa's and Adrienne's problems and therefore the show.

And, to say that these women sign up for the spotlight is true. HOWEVER, in every city, it is clear that there is a line that these women do no cross. They all have dirt on each other but they don't say it. In fact, there is only one wife who comes closest to crossing that line and it's Tamra from the OC. No matter how angry they make each other, each has dirt on the other and the stop short of "going there".

Brandi "went there".

Kim said it best. Brandi doesn't get how below the belt she went.

And, I think Brandi knows it. She needs a job. This is a good one. She'll do what she has to to keep it. To move forward at the expense of someone else is where I draw the line. I'm reserving a 100% final judgement because I think there is more to this story that will be revealed over time. I could eat my words in the end, but for now, I'm team-Adrienne.
    Punkin likes this.

I would think that if you are even a little bit smart and you put yourself/your life on TV, you would know that any secrets from your past will come up....some how, some way. Even if you have a signed contract that it shouldn't be spoken about...some one wil find out and the whole world will know.
    I don't think they are talking about surrogacy but rather an EGG donor.....meaning that some woman, not Adrienne is the biological mother. Which is nobody's business but these things can be dug up.
    For anyone to bring that up and try to make it public info is like some busybody telling the adopted kids that they were adopted before the parents wanted to tell them. It's a horrendous violation of a family and if that's what Brandi was gleefully doing, she should be slapped.
    It does sound like it would be something like that with the word: Private being said so much.

I think Kim was scripted to tell Adrienne and Paul about Brandi's gossip.
    She looked a little uncomfortable while doing it.

I"d also like to slap Kyle and Mauricio for giving their 16 yr old daughter a brand new car....a Mercedes. How stupid is that??? What does that teach a kid?
    And let's not forget that it was a real miracle that the girl even got a driver's license.....that girl is a lousy driver, which they used as comedy....but now that kid is on the streets!
    I'm staying away from Beverly Hills, for sure.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kim's face always looks uncomfortable. She generally looks panicked and anxious. She is a bizarre, annoying woman.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Camille "went there" last season when talking about Taylor & Russell's marriage & his alledged abuse. The Jersey clan "go there' every week & I won't even get started on Atlanta.

Ok I was "investigating" meaning this is my slow time at work & I was bored; I don't believe the secret was about "egg donation". I think, from what I read, that the secret was that Paul & Adrienne's marriage was kaput. I also saw we are getting another new HW who is going to make Lisa's life miserable...which is why she probably got her spin-off. I will look for the link later.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread