+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3203Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Lol my girlfriends and I travel a lot together and never have we gotten drunk and did backflips onto the bed. Lol we even did double shots of that 190 octane grain alcohol in Vegas and never acted stupid like these ladies,lol. It did look like fun though.lol

Brandi needs to keep her foot out her mouth before it gets lodged up there permanently. No filter at all.smh
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Taylor was on Watch What Happens Live on Monday, and seemed much more together and competent than she does no RHBH. She was asked about Brandi, and I think she was exactly right in what she said. She said that Brandi says outrageous things to bring attention to herself. She's going for the shock value. But going for shock value is not always appropriate for the situation, like when meeting a new person.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Taylor bugs the holy heck out of me.......wish she would go away.
    And stay away.
    I find her pathetic and I dislike how she has uses her husband's death to her advantage. I know a lot of people probably think that she dealt with real abuse issues. I'm not one of them.
    Her background story that she used the time she spoke at that abuse charity was so incredibly vague and made very little sense. I'm still not sure if she was abused as a child or it was her mother.
    Probably never will know the truth.
    Did anyone else find these ladies to be hugely overdressed or inappropriately dressed for their girls' weekend in Ojai? I've been to Ojai, love the small town. I didn't find it to be "spiritual" but more of a laid-back place for peace, quiet and populated by a lot of artists.
    Just don't go in the summer...the temps can really go high due to it's location...just far enough inland from the ocean and in a valley so that the heat can be quite high.
    AmyKay, Starbucks880 and sparklete like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't question anyone who talks about having been abused. These people have real problems that I, luckily, don't have and are affected for life. I don't think they make these claims for attention, and their behavior is consistent.....but I've also worked around people with these issues. I just thank goodness that it wasn't me.
    Shoepie and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok I have a question for all of you. I want to preface by saying I do not want to offend anyone posting here.

TAYLOR ok, why is it that she can be loud, yelling, rude to many of the people in her life YET she allowed Russell to abuse her???

It does not make sense to me. Having never experienced this in my life.

Why is it she could not stand up for herself the FIRST time Russell ever did anything to her? Scream at him like she has at Brandi. Why didn't she tell Russell to leave, get out of her life, that she was not allowing abuse in her life?

But then she can call out everyone else in her life that just might SAY the wrong thing?
    Lizard and Starbucks880 like this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Our professionals on this board who have worked with domestic violence victims can probably answer that question, fluidly. Personally, I think she has been groomed to this behavior that you ask about. There is a huge reason behind it, but I'm not the one to hold forth about it.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really liked this week's epi. I just watched it last night.

The girls were hysterical.

The MUD baths LOL

The arm wrestling I thought was hilarious LOL And the KISS before the arm wrestle. LOL

I am so glad Kim has reined it in big time and stopped all her bad behavior and is on the path to a healthy life.

Yolanda and her remark the next morning whatever.

Lisa in the limo speaking w/o her english accent so funny.

I go away on girls weekends often and we are just as silly well no arm wrestling or back flips simply because we are older. LOL

DragonLady, to your question about the ladies over dressing I moved to the OC (4 years ago) from Boston, Ma. I was not buying into all this dressing up here BUT THEY DO. My gawd, my first time at the gym in my complex these women all had on very pricy work out clothes ME - a pair of old sweats and a big huge T. LOL Don't get me started about the supermarket yup, dressed to the nines. 4 years later, I am dressing up more. Damn. Its the environment. Ugh.

DL, OH I JUST SAW YOU ARE FROM PASADENA my son and his gf are moving to Pasadena this month . Del Mar Blvd. They secured a lovely place. I LOVE PASADENA!!!
    KAREN

FORT Newbie

I adore Lisa, her accent helps!, and came across her chatting with Mr. Seacrest this morning. The clip has deets about things to come in next week's episode and the drama between her and Adrienne.

Stitcher.com - Your information radio.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I really liked this week's epi. I just watched it last night.

The girls were hysterical.

The MUD baths … LOL

The arm wrestling I thought was hilarious … LOL And the KISS before the arm wrestle. LOL

I am so glad Kim has reined it in big time and stopped all her bad behavior and is on the path to a healthy life.

Yolanda and her remark the next morning … whatever.

Lisa in the limo speaking w/o her english accent … so funny.

I go away on girls weekends often and we are just as silly … well no arm wrestling or back flips simply because we are older. LOL

DragonLady, to your question about the ladies over dressing … I moved to the OC (4 years ago) from Boston, Ma. I was not buying into all this dressing up here BUT THEY DO. My gawd, my first time at the gym in my complex these women all had on very pricy work out clothes … ME - a pair of old sweats and a big huge T. LOL Don't get me started about the supermarket … yup, dressed to the nines. 4 years later, I am dressing up more. Damn. Its the environment. Ugh.

DL, OH I JUST SAW YOU ARE FROM PASADENA … my son and his gf are moving to Pasadena this month …. Del Mar Blvd. They secured a lovely place. I LOVE PASADENA!!!
    Welcome to your son and girlfriend...it's a good place to live.
    I do see that "fancy" dress-up thing also.....and the gym is a more likely place...I'm w/you...for me it's bicycle shorts and huge tee.
    It's in the minority here tho....I'd be worn out just putting all that stuff on before even getting to the destination, let alone try and walk in high heels again......
    Finally, one good thing about Old Age is that you can abandon those nasty things and be able to sit and nurture the back ache we are now contending with due to wearing those heels.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Ok I have a question for all of you. I want to preface by saying I do not want to offend anyone posting here.

TAYLOR ok, why is it that she can be loud, yelling, rude to many of the people in her life YET she allowed Russell to abuse her???

It does not make sense to me. Having never experienced this in my life.

Why is it she could not stand up for herself the FIRST time Russell ever did anything to her? Scream at him like she has at Brandi. Why didn't she tell Russell to leave, get out of her life, that she was not allowing abuse in her life?

But then she can call out everyone else in her life that just might SAY the wrong thing?
    He had money. At the time, she didn't. I suspect she put up with it because without him she couldn't afford the style to which she quickly became accustomed. In her intro this season, she sums it up: "I fought too hard for this zip code to go home now".
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread