+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 502 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree3012Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

i totally agree . . . . she's one bad day away from snapping . . .

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4109193;

Given all the character flaws and eccentricities of the women, Kim worries me the most. The look in her eyes is like a trapped terrified little animal. It's scary, really. I feel like I'm just waiting for her mind to just snap....that's she just walking on a narrow ledge of sanity. I don't mean she's crazy but it's like most of the world is just too much for her to take. Feel bad for her in a way.

FORT Fogey

Lessee:

Lovely Lisa: Well what I can tell you is that she's not "U" as in upper class, just from some little things she said, but she's probably from good upper middle class stock. She does seem to be a bit of a mother hen and probably regards herself as 'the sensible one.' I like how she's able to take the mickey out of a lot of situations and people and doesn't take things too seriously. Also her house is one of the few that seems to marry being huge, being opulent, and being tasteful. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of her in an argument. I would expect she might become a little less the lovely lady she likes to portray. Her appendages are husband Ken, who's a bit like a grey-haired Roger Daltrey, the housegay Cedric, almost entirely without sex appeal to me, the child Pandora (what a name - Pandora unleased all evil on the world!), her gorgeous boyfriend Forgettable, and her son Layabout.

Crude Camille: There's something wrong with her and it's sad, or it would be if she weren't so just plain nasty and stupid. She's an unengaged mother with four nannies for her two what's-their-names, married to a star of yesterday she thinks his fame makes her interesting, she's as insecure is they get, she's spiteful, pretentious, whorish, and generally unpleasant. You can tell she's what we would call "jumped-up nothing" by the way she's so impressed with her things and her money. Watching her so distraught over planning a family trip to Hawaii which involved merely transmitting her wishes to her "house manager" and making sure they were fulfilled, was frustrating.

The glee with which she announced that she was firing Lisa's Husband Pecsonio because Lisa may have offended her was chilling. I'm sure her toyboy Nick (Stabile, a semi-famous actor) swallowed when he realized how easily his 'friend' Camille would dismiss him if he strayed even an inch from her rules. Which basically are to kiss her ass pretty much non-stop. (Isn't Nick handsome, vapid, and toyable? Just my type!) Her appendages are (for now) her husband, Kelsey Grammer, of whom I'm not terribly fond, two blurs she calls 'children' and a large retinue of kow-towers including the aforementioned hungry stud muffin.

Ugh. I could go on and on about this woman. How she counts friends as employees and employees as pseudo-friends, and will wind up with nobody. How she's trashy. How she misinterprets a leer as approval, and fawning as affection. How she manages to be pathetic and appalling and unpleasant and sad in nearly every single thing she says and does. I bet she even snores insolently and pompously. How she turns somebody else's family sorrow into an example of things that go wrong for her own self. I really really hope she pays her funkeys and hangers-on well for all the crap they must wade through every moment of every day.

Enough! I'm actually shaking as I write this!

Taylor Armstrong: Golddigger. Her husband, the probably nearly-normal "stud" (Ha!) Russel, pretty much owns her until he tires of her and she knows it. She's very clear that she married him for money and intends to extract as much as possible of it before he finds another woman with a less ruined face and more lip-shaped lips (hers are the classic SoCal trout-pout). She's reconciled herself to the subtle reminders of ownership that Russel gives her, which is a lovely lovely message to send to her daughter, little Eisnhower. She's the LA equivalent of a $20 crack whore and no matter how big her heart of gold may be, she's just an object bought and sold.

MTC

i loved it! i thought it was a great way to display a dress you'll never wear again and that more than likely cost as much as a piece of art. also, i get the feeling that that large room it was housed in is her closet! LOL! or i guess you call it a dressing room/wardrobe or something when it's so massive . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by scgirl212;4110236;
    On a different note, did anyone else notice in the scene where Adrienne and her husband were bickering what looked like her wedding dress enshrined in a plexiglass box thing? I can't decide if I loved it or hated it!

FORT Fogey

Adrienne Maloof: She seems the least affected by her money and power, except the dear thing does like to show it off doesn't she? Her house is like a mini-Versailles, proably a subconscious rebuke to the people from the "old country" who said her family had to move to America because they'd never amount to much at home. Here, even peasants and serfs can have gilded furniture with too much rococo carvings. But honestly that wedding gown floating up there in the dressing suite reminded me of the scene in Betelgeuse where Barbara Maitland (Geena Davis) was summoned and floated sadly in mid-air over the dining room table. It was like it was being worn by an invisible, sad, lonely, spirit. Her husband probably isn't as horrible as some might say, but as a plastic surgeon, if she's the result of his 'art,' meh. I'm underwhelmed.

Kyle Richards: Very aggressive, very together, very much hated and resented by her older sister. She's a little conscious of her place on the second rung of BH society (as I'm sure Camille is quick to remind her should she get out of place), but she seems an otherwise normal Demi Moore clone loud and pushy woman. I haven't seen her be mean to anyone but her sister, whom she belittles and in whose life she interferes, possibly part of the reason her sister hates and resents her so very much. Her appendages are her normal-seeming children and her normal-seeming husband Pancho Pecsomatic. If he's a run-of-the-mill realtor, I'd let him run my mill and grind away to our hearts' content. Just sayin'.

Kim Richards: Kyle's sister. Boy is Kim a cauldron of emotions and instability. She's typical for loonies, she started off nice and dignified and I thought "what a brave rich semi-bitch" but she's gone loop-the-golden-loop. She's sad at not having a man, not figuring that neediness isn't exactly attractive, clings to her children for comfort and to have some control in her life, and hates, loathes, and reviles her sister Kyle. Kyle, who is younger than her and whose birth meant that Kim's mommy and daddy's attention had to be spread a little thinner, that Kim didn't get as much love. Kyle who stole her parents' love for her! Kyle who played a younger version of her, who will always be younger than her, always be fresher, always be that much prettier. Kyle who makes her old and unlovable! Kyle who has a husband, who has children who don't stab her in the back in front of the beloved lens, Kyle who gets to hold that big hunk of a sucessful money man close every night. Kyle who has all the love that Kim desperately wants!

Of course Kim wasn't going to stick up for Kyle at the dinner debacle. Of course Kim tries to have Kyle do everything for her. Kyle owes her and will owe her until the end of time, world without end Our Men. Of course Kim won't lift a finger for Kyle. Kim owes Kyle nothing but the chance to atone for the unforgiveable sin of stealing all of Kim's love and happiness.

For Kim's sake I hope there are some men out there with a fetish for sullen resentment and sad anger. I don't think she should hold her breath. (Nor do I think she should choke the breath out of Kyle the way she's choking it out of her children, but she probably will.)

So far, Camille has appalled everyone, Kim and Kyle have bickered, Taylor has whored and (suddenly realizing she's very very boring) picked a fight with Kim, and Adrienne and Lisa have camly sat and kept out of the worst of the fray. I'm sure Camille will always be appalling, KK always bickering, and Taylor always a boring whore. But I think that Lisa especially is finding the drama pool water warm and inviting and is about to let loose her "London brashness" just for the hell of it. Stirring up the cast is always such fun.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4097766;
    Did Camille think that when he cheated on his wife with her that he wouldn't cheat on her???
    That never ever seems to dawn on people, does it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4098658;
    That party was for Taylor not her daughter. While Mom was standing on the tables being photographed all the poor little girl wanted to do was get pushed on the swing by her nanny and play in the dirt. Taylor is an attention ho!
    And the sad but true fact is that little Eisenhower saw straight through the fraud the whole time. She didn't get a birthday party, she didn't get a birthday present (until the PUPPY! showed up), her mother didn't give two flying damns about her. Don't think some therapist in LA won't be making $175 an hour in about 10-15 years sorting out that little display of "mommy dearest's love."

LOL, there was one on wwhl and he did!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tracyt888;4110742;
    And I would bet if there was a poll here on which husband you would choose if you could have any of them -- Kyles husband would beat out Kelsey by a landslide --

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TVFan;4098863;
    I think both birthday parties were OTT, but Kyle's at least was child focused and I like that I didn't see any nannies around. Kyle seems to take care of her own kids most of the time, even when they're whiny and she's trying to do 20 other things at the same time.
    What I noticed about Kyle is that many 'ordinary' parents, perhaps not in this particular economy but after we get back on our feet, could probably afford one of the elements at least that she had. Like the bouncy castle. Let's face it - kids want to run around, eat cake, open presents, run around a bit more and then go home. And if they could combine the running around and the cake eating without choking to death they would. Whee! Cake Tag everybody! They do not like to sit quietly while the Rent-a-Tones sing some insincere fawing tripe they "wrote" (i.e., printed off and filled in Eisenhower's name) for them, they don't like ornaments they have to be careful of, they do like furry slow moving animals and a choo choo train (not for long though - it only goes around and around).

In fact,they're a lot like people in those regards!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4111314;
    LOL, there was one on wwhl and he did!!!!
    I'd take Hungry Pliable Nick, followed by Pecsomatic OhManOhMan-sky followed by Pandora's boyfriend HandsomeButt Forgethisname.

To go, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4099809;
    I'm so glad you noticed that about Taylor's daughter too! Even if it was still way too over-the-top and not child centered, you'd be able to tell if she at least felt that her mother would be comforting. She didn't.

I think you're probably right about Paris Hilton. The dysfunction of the two sisters who are related to her is really sad. It seems as though Kyle is determined to give her kids a different life, and so is Kim, but Kim is suffering much more because of their childhood than is Kyle.
    Little Eisenhower is little more than a stage prop for Trout-Lip Taylor. Taylor should have been up there with her daughter on the swing while the nanny or a friend could have been dispatched to see to the guests, with Taylor apologizing during intermittent experiences.

Or! Radical Notion! Throw a kid's birthday party with things that children would like!!!!

+ Reply to Thread