+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3079Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I think that describing Lisa's offense as calling a shoe a silly childish name is giving her too much of a pass. She was mocking a business that Adrienne was just introducing, and that she was obviously passionate about and proud of. When another person mocks something that really matters to you, it does matter. Both women hurt each other. Both should own up to it.
    Jexter and Shoepie like this.

Kim is a sorry case, looks like she's trying to get straight and it must be awfully hard. There's something odd about her movements, almost robot-like-- I wonder if her nervous system has been damaged - motions that should be fluid are a series of small jerks, as if her body is governed by gears that need a shot of WD40. She never seems at ease, always edgy and jerky.

Brandi, unfiltered and raw as she is, might just be the most authentic of the bunch. I wish she'd lay off the gutter talk, and just be unfiltered and funny - I do laugh at her comments- her best material goes right over their heads.

Ohhhh.... I'd love to be at Yolanda's parties - all that great piano playing, such good songs, and her husband and friends have beautiful voices. I'm glad they showed the women having a little fun; sure would be awful to let all that good music go to waste!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I love that Yolanda and David wore jeans! He stated emphatically that he hates fru fru. I get tired of seeing them dressed to the teeth every show. Lisa is the biggest offender on that front. I would love to see her in jeans, t-shirt and less makeup. She is an attractive woman but way overly done. Well, I guess they all are.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Yolanda.

This don't speak and listen to my husband and our entertainment deal was odd. Taylor was quite funny, though drunk. She nailed it when she said she didnt want to listen to an Irish funeral song!
    All the RHs are addicted to what they think is the sexy look of spike heels, and most of them at one time or another have been shown having trouble walking - Bravo makes a point of displaying it. I think they look horrid, teetering around, hobbling themselves like Chinese concubines. The Atlanta women have been shown several times barely able to walk in their high heels. Bravo showed Lisa getting out of a car a couple episodes back, having a hard time trying to stand up. Last epi, Kim was holding onto the wall as she walked down the steps from her house.

The teetering and tottering on spikes makes them look foolish. And by the time they're in their 60s they'll have malformed and really hideous feet. Wonder if they'll think it's worth it.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

So much to respond to here:
    Lisa and Adrienne are behaving childishly....not at first but it's gone on too long. I realize they were not best friends.....does that really exist in Beverly Hills??? doubt it.
    But as silly as they are, their husbands are completely ridiculous.....what is happening to our men that they now get involved and behave so petty about their wives' relationships???? Guess this part of the Metro-sexual movement in Men. Not appealing to me.

I was happy to see so many of the dinner party guests dressed down...I get the feeling that Yolanda is anal enough to tell everyone how to dress because all were in Fancy-Casual and she would need everyone to look somewhat alike or it would drive her nuts......I agree w/all about the ridiculous high heels. But if they want to be uncomfortable, unsteady on their feet and have blisters/bunions, etc....I say, Go ahead...but not me.

Yolanda and David seem perfect for each other.....But geeze, she makes me tired just thinking about her days. I don't find her attractive but I can see how she would have made a great model. She's a little too man-ish for me.
    David is an extremely talented musician......but that's pretty much the personality you see with the rich, famous, and constantly fawned over by their minions. I knew I wouldn't like him when I learned he was married to Linda Thompson. She sure got around: Elvis, Bruce Jenner, David Foster....And Yolanda is David's 4th wife...maybe he'll get it right this time. Personally, I think they found each other w/each other....same person, just one is male and other is female.

Kim is just a sorry little mess of a person who I think means well but just isn't capable of living life. She may always have been a little fragile emotionally and her career so early in life, probably messed her up more.

I can't stand Taylor...Get her off this show!
    She's horrible telling everyone she meets the Brandi story: sleeping w/every man in Beverley Hills...I don't like Brandi but Taylor is the Witch here.
    And she will pull out the Victim Card any chance she can....like she did with the Danny Boy song...and Paul, who seems emotionally a woman now, helped her play that card. There's not a person in that room who never had someone close to them die...that's what happens with human beings...we die. But apparently all that matters is how Taylor feels...no one else matters. Silly looking woman with her fat duck lips.

That house is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen......that view, that pool, that patio and the rest inside.......wow! I have to give Yolanda praise to design such a gorgeous and perfect home. I'm sure it's easier to do when money isnt a problem but I still wouldn't be capable of that...And I could never have that refrigerator....everyone would see the jumble inside....clean but a jumble.

And what's the big deal about the fact that many people hire the same caterer??? He must be good at what he does to be so wanted.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Regular

I hadn't realized who Linda Thompson was until you posted that. I've seen her on a few past clips of the housewives and then googled her and realized that she was Brody Jenner's mom. According to wiki she used to co-write songs for Celine Dion, Josh Grobin and Whitney Houston.

^good observations, Dragon lady! I agree with the whole Brandi/Taylor thing. Taylor is the most miserable party guest! Why people choose to associate with her "i'm so sad , feel sorry for me and give me attention" self and invite her places is beyond me! Maybe David is the one that has slept with all of Beverly Hills! Good grief! I don't totally love David and Yolonda but I do appreciate that they will shut Taylor up. I thought what he said about not singing was a joke, a stupid self absorbed joke to be sure, but a joke none the less. No one had a problem with what he said except Taylor. She has crazy eyes this season; I wonder if she's on any medication. I love when Kyle told Ken he looked like a cross between Rod Stewart and Jiggy

I loved Yolanda's house - esp her clear fridge. I would love that.

I was surprised at the jeans and casual wear - I beautiful party deserves something a little more put together IMHO. Taylor's outfit was the worst, skinny white jeans with a flowy top.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Regular

With all due respect (and Yolanda does seem like a decent person so far) this was David Foster's house not "Yolanda's house."

True!! In fact, I am certain he has a pretty solid pre-nup since she is wife #4.

That butler was so obsequious - 'a beautiful young lady' & 'you two could teach lessons on how to be in love' cluck, cluck, cluck. I would count the silver with all that BS.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that describing Lisa's offense as calling a shoe a silly childish name is giving her too much of a pass. She was mocking a business that Adrienne was just introducing, and that she was obviously passionate about and proud of. When another person mocks something that really matters to you, it does matter. Both women hurt each other. Both should own up to it.
    I agree with this. I'm not sure Lisa understood/understands how hurtful her "humor" can be - esp. in sensitive areas like this. She owes Adrienne an apology - just as much as Adrienne does for not responding well to Lisa's humor.

+ Reply to Thread