+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3153Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Reg. Paul and Adrienne, I think their marriage is just like all marriages between people of over-the-top wealth. Flimsy. At that level, there is committment to the money and lifestyle first and the marriage second.

I'm fully prepared NOT to get on the man's bandwagon just because he's a man. I'm guessing Paul and Adrienne are equally as flimsy.

I will say this, though. There are some inconsistencies coming from Adrienne's court. First, the attempt at an open marriage. Next, a behind-the-scenes accusation of physical abuse. Which is it?

Just sayin'...
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-21-2012 at 10:51 PM.

I was at the hairdresser this week.
    A client was in the chair ahead of me and somehow I got into conversation about the Housewives with my hairdresser. This woman asked which cities I watch and I mentioned the ones currently playing.
    She then went on to tell me that she was BFF with Lisa Van der Pump!!
    Talk about a small world.
    My hairdresser told me this woman was a therapist but didn't need to work as her father left his kids well taken care of. I asked what the father had done. She said "plastic."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As far as Paul and the accusations are concerned, I have to keep in mind that we don't know these people, other than what is shown on the show, and you just never know how they really are. It can be a night-and-day difference. I just adopt a "wait and see, and be surprised at nothing, but hope for the best" attitude. Taking sides.......uhhh, no.

You just never really know who's who when you're not looking.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've got no idea if Paul assaulted the kids-- it's hard to believe Adrienne would lie-- except maybe that she was the least willing to believe Taylor's statements about abuse-- which makes me think she herself can imagine lying about something like that.

Often in the absence of knowing much about a situation, people prefer to believe that the accuser is the troublemaker and that no one would act that bad--

It is hard to believe Paul assaulted the kids-- but I don't want to leap to conclusions, because I certainly believed Taylor-- and I don't think it's right to disregard serious accusations without being very sure it's not true-- given how much we all want to dismiss stories that might make us uncomfortable or threaten our assumptions.
    prhoshay likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    As far as Paul and the accusations are concerned, I have to keep in mind that we don't know these people, other than what is shown on the show, and you just never know how they really are. It can be a night-and-day difference. I just adopt a "wait and see, and be surprised at nothing, but hope for the best" attitude. Taking sides.......uhhh, no.

You just never really know who's who when you're not looking.
    I agree Shay, but to me, something about Adrienne's claims about Paul are off. As far as I can see, from everything that's been shown over the last couple of seasons, Adrienne is the mean, strict, cold, unflexible, intransient one, and Paul is the low key, easy going, more affectionate, more submissive one. Although I've never seen Adrienne display anything 'negative' toward her kids (in fact, come to think of it, I can't recall any scenes in which she's directly intereacted with her kids at all!) -- but there have been lots of scenes showing Paul interacting very kindly and paternally with his kids. So frankly, I don't believe her claims that Paul abused his kids! I do, however, believe that he could have said nasty things to her, personally, but then, so would I!!!! (And, I think she's so egotistical and full of herself, that it doesn't help the situation either.)

i was reading somewhere that Lisa has come to Paul's defense...in the previews this season Lisa's "beef" with Adrienne is brought up...maybe we will see what the deal is cuz I dont remember there being any bad blood until the reunion!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

We don't know Adrienne, nor do we know Paul. Some people are able to act more convincing than others. I vote we let it play out before taking a stance with strangers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When Maloof/Nassif were shown together on RH episodes, it seemed they were close in the familiar sense, but there was little warmth-- as if they'd outgrown one another. I'd guess they will have a decent relationship once financial settlements are made. Maybe neither is a villain.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Personally, I think something is definitely wrong, but who knows what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    What inheritance does Lisa have to eat through?
    Both she and Ken have made tons of money with their restaurants. LIsa doesn't exactly sit around all day.
    My girlfriends and I just spent last weekend in Beverly Hills and dined at her restaurant. Very nice experience.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread