+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2997Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I know I've probably lost my sense of humor, even the 'deranged' Real Housewives variety, but you guys, this ISN'T funny: This is part of the text from the TMZ article PhoneGrrl posted above: "Paul Nassif Claims Adrienne Maloof Was Physically Violent | TMZ.com." And by the way, we sure wouldn't think it was funny if it was the husband being abusive to the wife!

"The divorce between Paul Nassif and Adrienne Maloof has turned into open warfare ... Paul's lawyer just claimed in court Adrienne physically attacked Paul and even got weird with a gun ... TMZ has learned. Paul and Adrienne are both in court ... fighting over custody of their 3 sons. During the hearing, Paul's lawyer claimed Adrienne has pushed Paul and was also verbally abusive in front of their kids, calling him "stupid, dumb and an idiot." According to a declaration filed today, the couple's head of security witnessed Adrienne hit and scratch Paul in the back of their car last summer ... before Paul called her a "bitch." Read more: Paul Nassif Claims Adrienne Maloof Was Physically Violent | TMZ.com

We've watched Adrienne insult and put Paul down all throughout every season of RHBH. I'm saddened, but not at all surprised that she was (allegedly) even worse to him privately, when the cameras were not around.
    Debb70 likes this.

I wonder if Bravo was filming when these fights happened.

The Maloof/Nassif couple is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Look, they are adults of a mature age, they went on national television showing the gritty reality of their lives; they apparently moved into reality space of knowing they are miserable failures at their relationship - and their ability to portray themselves as better than the world around them; and now they're doing what comes naturally - to them - clawing at one another for one-upmanship... and maybe for air time. They're the ones injuring their children; not viewers, not bloggers, not FORT people who say Hey, let's watch them destroy one another. Nassif looked like a decent guy, but he's looking worse by the day. And so is she.
    Jexter likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

It's true that violence is violence and that none of it should be tolerated, but let's face it. This is all about a nasty divorce and nothing about physical harm.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Hah! Sorry to say it, but that is FUNNY.

They were a feisty couple and I'm guessing both got a bit physical at times. I have no doubt Adrienne berated Paul in front of the kids, but....if Paul is denied additional time with the kids, it would seem logical that he's got some issues too.

I know it is deranged of me to say this, but it would be pretty darn good entertainment if this did make it on air next season.
    Yep. This is how I justify watching these shows to my kids. It's a way to compare and then better identify and manage our own moral barometers and behaviors. On the one hand, this is a complete load of crap. On the other, I kind of believe it! And by extension, I think these kinds of shows have been good for the public (sorry Adrienne and Paul).

.....I know, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    The Maloof/Nassif couple is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Look, they are adults of a mature age, they went on national television showing the gritty reality of their lives; they apparently moved into reality space of knowing they are miserable failures at their relationship - and their ability to portray themselves as better than the world around them; and now they're doing what comes naturally - to them - clawing at one another for one-upmanship... and maybe for air time. They're the ones injuring their children; not viewers, not bloggers, not FORT people who say Hey, let's watch them destroy one another. Nassif looked like a decent guy, but he's looking worse by the day. And so is she.
    Brilliant post!
    It also shows us that no matter how much money you have or don't have, people all behave the same.
    I would imagine that a lot of people thought that because everything was expensive, so very proper and fancy, etc, that these people would behave better....but not so much!
    And I shouldn't be surprised that people willing to put their private lives on view to the world, would then vie for more face/air time, no matter how badly they appeared.
    Shameful and pitiful that "fame" is that important.
    Good taste and pride have left the building.
    norealityhere likes this.

One must feel sorry for their children. It's unfortunate that they couldn't do things in a more amicable way for their sakes.

Do you recall how shocked and disturbed Adrienne appeared when the abuse from Taylor's husband came out? She seemed to have zero tolerance for it. Now it seems she has a tendency to go that route too.

Shakespeare said, "methinks the lady doth protest too much"............
    I am very sorry for the 2 of them. Breakups can be very ugly. And, Adrienne should keep in mind that we saw her being quite verbally abusive to Paul since the show started. Hard to take back what's out there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I never really believed these two were very happy with each other....there was a lot of bitterness underlying Adrienne's "bickering."
    I know a lot of people viewed it as just their way but it just seemed mean to me. And it happened a lot.
    She's an odd little woman who has pots and pots of money so she can pretty much do whatever she wants to do.
    I was never sure of why she became so angry/bitter at the last reunion...seemed like it came out of nowhere. But that could just be me, not remembering the pertinent facts.

+ Reply to Thread