+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2997Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Taylor conveniently left her husband when she could not be on Tv. I do not know if that caused his greatest erruption or what.....do not like cadaverous lips. That is what is implanted in there? Yes

Maybe astrology and patterns is more of an explanation than male or female. Pull a free Natal chart on an old maid and what do you see? Pull one on a big ho (male female does not matter) and what do you? And so it is what it is without any judgement.

Adrienne's Natal chart says romanticly she is prone to delusions.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Here's my 'gut feeling' about Taylor's metamorphasis on the show. Here in the US and in many places all over the world, our society is filled with young pretty women attaching themselves to wealthy men, and I believe Taylor was one of these women. Very often these marriages are not as wonderful on the inside as the couples would have them appear on the outside, to others. I think that when RHBH first started, Taylor thought that she'd just be one of the group --- light and breezy, appearing as a fancy-shmancy BH housewife by just showing the outer surface of her life, and talking about how lovely and wealthy it was. I think she truly thought the viewing audience would believe all the stuff she said about herself and what her life was like. I don't think that she DREAMED that the viewers (and the cast) would probe so deeply into her personal life, and that the dark side and all the dirt would start to emerge. And once it did, and once her life with Russell began to really fall apart, there was no hiding the ugliness and no denying it. It totally took on a life of it's own, and Taylor had no way to stop the runaway train that ended with her marriage falling apart, the endless questions about the 'abuse,' and Russell's tragic suicide.
    Imperfect, you are so right! Taylor prolly thought she'd be the cutie-pie easy breezy sweetheart. Bravo really knows how to wreck lives. I wonder what happened in Andy Cohen's life that allows him - in his own mind- the right to shovel up dirt and throw it around. I want to like Andy, but that aspect of his character is troubling.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

[QUOTE=norealityhere;4530961]
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I agree with you. I think it all goes back to basic biology. Men are designed to repopulate the earth, thus they are more designed to "hit and git", if you will. People will say that women will also do the same, but I think that is more of a determination to have everything the men are having, level the playing field. I can understand both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post

Sorry, but I think this comment is just adding to the stereotype.
    Can't we just say that not every woman in this world has to have an emotional attachment to a man to be with him. Sometimes, after all, it's just about sex.
    And, believe it or not, many women like it just as much as men and they don't need to "level the playing field."
    OK, how about this.....men hunt; women nest.

nrh, unfortunately, you method of quoting has made it look like I made both comments, but the second comment is from you.....but I'm sure you know that! I am just trying to keep myself from looking crazy!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-19-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay,

I bolded and italicized the portion of your quote I was addressing, so it could easily be attributed to you. Also, it has your name on it while mine ( non bolded and non italicized) does not.
    I did not find it necessary to quote your whole post.

THanks
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-19-2012 at 03:42 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Bravo really knows how to wreck lives. I wonder what happened in Andy Cohen's life that allows him - in his own mind- the right to shovel up dirt and throw it around. I want to like Andy, but that aspect of his character is troubling.
    Poor Andy. He really gets a bad rap whenever something really bad happens on one of these shows. I think he's kind of in a no-win situation, cause he has to answer to Bravo and NBC and GE for the success or failure of all of these shows (NBC owns Bravo, and GE owns NBC). If the shows aren't interesting and ratings go down, he gets the blame. But if any dirt on these people comes out --- he gets the blame. And if anything bad happens within their lives, he gets the blame for that too. I like Andy a lot and I find him to be quite an interesting character. His book "Most Talkative" was very inciteful and very telling. He's the first to admit that he is like a big kid -- VERY starstruck and is always getting himself in trouble by thoughtless stuff that comes out of his mouth. BUT, I don't think he's mean spirited, and I don't think that he relishes digging up dirt on people or ruining their lives --- but on the other hand, he DOES seem to find the dirt fascinating. One of the things that I like so much about him is that he genuinely seems to like his Bravo-lebrities -- even the naughty ones that cause the most criticism. But at the same time, on the reunion shows and on WWHL, he WILL usually call them out on their bad behavior and ask the hard questions about why they did what they did.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Shay,

I bolded and italicized the portion of your quote I was addressing, so it could easily be attributed to you. Also, it has your name on it while mine ( non bolded and non italicized) does not.
    I did not find it necessary to quote your whole post.

THanks
    Yes, I know what you did. What you saw in my response to your post was what I got when I just hit the "Reply With Quote" button. I didn't alter anything, and that's the way it came out.

You're welcome!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Poor Andy. He really gets a bad rap whenever something really bad happens on one of these shows. I think he's kind of in a no-win situation, cause he has to answer to Bravo and NBC and GE for the success or failure of all of these shows (NBC owns Bravo, and GE owns NBC). If the shows aren't interesting and ratings go down, he gets the blame. But if any dirt on these people comes out --- he gets the blame. And if anything bad happens within their lives, he gets the blame for that too. I like Andy a lot and I find him to be quite an interesting character. His book "Most Talkative" was very inciteful and very telling. He's the first to admit that he is like a big kid -- VERY starstruck and is always getting himself in trouble by thoughtless stuff that comes out of his mouth. BUT, I don't think he's mean spirited, and I don't think that he relishes digging up dirt on people or ruining their lives --- but on the other hand, he DOES seem to find the dirt fascinating. One of the things that I like so much about him is that he genuinely seems to like his Bravo-lebrities -- even the naughty ones that cause the most criticism. But at the same time, on the reunion shows and on WWHL, he WILL usually call them out on their bad behavior and ask the hard questions about why they did what they did.
    You are probably right that Bravo/Andy lets the personalities flow and go, but I think they have a fairly good idea the direction it'll flow. What I've always thought is Bravo does exhaustive background checks, including standard agency background investigations for civil and criminal history; plus extensive interviews with friends, neighbors, and relatives, going back many years; plus intense interviews of the subjects, asking them to come clean about any and all skeletons. I don't doubt Bravo knows very well what's likely to be uncovered. Kim the alcoholic, for example (she's a sister of the long dark hair Umansky woman on OC or BH, used to be a child TV star I think); Bravo likely knew her alcoholism and drug use could be exploited, and counted on it for ratings. Bravo also probably knew Taylor Lips Armstrong's husband's past was littered with lawsuits and fraud, that she was a grifter who pretended to be an uber-riche Ford family member, that she changed her name a couple times. Something in Andy likes exploiting this stuff.

BTW, I think Andy dislikes some castmembers; for example countass. He can barely contain his glee about her awful singing and her royal "class". He's laughing at her.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    BTW, I think Andy dislikes some castmembers; for example countass. He can barely contain his glee about her awful singing and her royal "class". He's laughing at her.

so am i
    Moontat likes this.

I get the feeling that Andy laughs a lot at these Bravolebrities. As he should................
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I usually am an Aviva fan, but I find her lack of empathy for Sonja strange. Aviva does not care much about pets so everyone including those with pets should have the same amount of care. It isttue that loss of bladder control is a bad sign. The only thing youcando is be there for hour little friend. You are the most important thing to the dog. I sat waiting fordogshots today. One chihuahua had chunks missing from its side from a hawk attack. The lady had to fight the hawk to get her dog away from it. The dog is ok. Another dog had itstongue sticking out. It had gotyenjnt° some mysterious thing it should not have. Itdid not mßke it. The husband and wife owners were beside themselves.

It is wonderful for Aviva to help children out. But she is not helping children out by fighting with people who do not attend.....I guess the positive side is Avivaknows how to communicate well. And because Avocado has been kind, people are inclined Togo to her events....I guess Aviva is not givinganyone an out. If she worked for a living she might be more empathetic for people.
    Last edited by Lizard; 08-21-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread