+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3075Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

So these two smart people felt that bringing in other people in their troubled relationship would be helpful to them?um no
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Who knows what really went on in their marriage? All I know is Adrienne appears to be a "cold fish" to just about everybody, not just Paul. She's definitely not a Warm and Fuzzy person, whichis fine but maybe difficult to live with.
    And if she agreed to an open marriage, I have doubts about her intelligence.
    As for Camille and Kelesy: He behaved horribly...but I don't consider Camille to be blameless in the demise of the marriage. We all saw her personality.
    It's difficult to name just one party as the "bad guy." Both people play a big part in whether a marriage is successful or not....some just behave worse than the other.
    norealityhere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why does everyone always worry about the man in these situations....or take the man's side? We have NO idea what went on; we don't know these people, other than what we see on this heavily-edited show.

Women, unfortunately, tend to be women's worst enemies.

With Paul's money, he'll have no problems. "Quality" is the question.
    I'm not sure I agree with this, Shay.
    I do think, though, that what we see or choose to see is often colored by our own life experiences.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Exactly NoRealityHere
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why does everyone always worry about the man in these situations....or take the man's side? We have NO idea what went on; we don't know these people, other than what we see on this heavily-edited show.

Women, unfortunately, tend to be women's worst enemies.

With Paul's money, he'll have no problems. "Quality" is the question.
    I actually agree with this. Looking at all the comments, it appears most have already jumped in to support Paul and not Adrienne. Yes, it was clear Adrienne was kind of a nag to Paul, but relationships take two to tango.

Maybe what we aren't seeing is Paul being an ass to Adrienne or maybe it was a mismatch to begin with and snipping at Paul is the way Adrienne knows how to deal with her frustration whereas Paul's way of dealing with it might be to retreat.

Maybe both are just ready to move on. All I know is that there isn't any support for Adrienne and tons for Paul and we don't even know the full story.

I happen to believe that women do support men more than each other. It seems natural, i.e. a self-preservation kind of thing.
    Punkin and prhoshay like this.

Actually, if you watched many small scenes between them-- it was obvious that Paul did all kinds of perverse things simply because he apparently enjoyed annoying Adrienne. If she said, I don't want X, the next thing that would happen was that Paul would get/do/order X. It happened constantly. That sort of thing repeated ad nauseum can really begin to grate. Also, if he did that in small ways-- he may also have done it in bigger ways.

It often seemed Adrienne was trying to gloss over or hide the extent of her disappointment in the marriage and unhappiness with him-- but he seemed always to want to portray her in an unflattering light.

Maybe many don't like Adrienne because she did have such an impenetrable surface. Perhaps she grew up with some idea that you pretend everything is just fine-- to the public. As a member of a family that was well-known, the fear of having people know the family's dirty laundry--which could hurt their franchise and their businesses-- may have been something she learned to coped with by presenting a smooth, mirror like surface to the outside world. So she was hard to sympathize with-- or even to know really.

I found her the most enigmatic and remote of the housewives. And her always wanting to avoid "drama" made her seem also untouchable-- distant and detached.

Maybe Paul therefore, whom no one expected much of-- suffers less because no one looked to him for what he thought. But I actually remember the night Taylor and her husband were asked to leave the white party. He seemed really eager, as I recall, to blame Taylor-- without any real evidence for it. So maybe there was more under the surface-- in terms of being judgmental and dismissive of others, including Adrienne, than we saw.

Just a guess-- but I was never drawn to either them, actually. But I thought he wasn't very kind or supportive toward his wife.
    Punkin and Jexter like this.

FORT Regular

Agree with above. Adrienne always positioned herself as the arbiter of disputes, the voice of reason, but never the center of any drama. Perhaps that was her personality but it lends itself to people not really ever getting to know who she is because her emotions are held inside all the time. The bottom-line is we don't know what happened behind closed doors, but perhaps nothing terrible did happen, and they just grew apart and became bored with each other. Who knows.
    Punkin likes this.

I think we jump to conclusions about all this because we base it on what we were shown...and according to these clips, Adrienne seems to be cold, somewhat unfeeling and haughty....whereas Paul was seen as the poor underdog.
    As with most breakups....both contributed to the demise of the marriage but the footage that was chosen to be shown, was definitely skewed. We're constantly manipulated.
    So it's not a "Poor Paul" nor a "Poor Adrienne" situation.
    We'd probably be shocked at how these people really act. Remember, they just "play" real people on tv.
    Punkin likes this.

If I was putting money on it, I would say Adrienne was the bad guy though. I do like money.
    OceanView likes this.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Why does there always have to be a "bad guy". It seems to me like Paul and Adrienne were the most "normal" couple and this is probably the most "normal" divorce. I mean "normal" divorce in that things just weren't working anymore. I doubt either was the "bad guy" I'm sure they contributed equally to the relationship and equally to the divorce.

If Adrienne agreed to an open relationship toward the end, my guess is Paul was having affairs and she was attempting to embrace it and make it part of their relationship in order to save it. Paul is endearing and fun and likable, but that's a double-edged sword.
    Punkin and prhoshay like this.

+ Reply to Thread