+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Why does everyone always worry about the man in these situations....or take the man's side? We have NO idea what went on; we don't know these people, other than what we see on this heavily-edited show.

Women, unfortunately, tend to be women's worst enemies.

With Paul's money, he'll have no problems. "Quality" is the question.
    Jexter, Shoepie, Lizard and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow I have been at a convention in Hot Springs Ark. when I got home and read the story I am honestly not shocked by it. I think Paul just couldn't take all the snide remarks Adrienne made about him. The seemed to get nastier as the season went on.
    norealityhere likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would love to see Paul on the new season and see him find a good relationship. That will never happen, of course!
    Maybe they could make him an honorary 6th housewife!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why does everyone always worry about the man in these situations....or take the man's side? We have NO idea what went on; we don't know these people, other than what we see on this heavily-edited show.

Women, unfortunately, tend to be women's worst enemies.

With Paul's money, he'll have no problems. "Quality" is the question.
    In most cases I think we do, actually, side more with the wives than the husbands -- sometimes we side with them even when the wife is a complete b*tch (like the way Camille Grammar was on Season 1, for example). But in this case, it seems to me (from what was shown on tv), that Adrienne has been relentlessly hard on Paul for the last 2 years they've been on tv -- And I have always felt so sorry for Paul cause he seemed to really love her and their family.

If someone was cheated on, I will take the offended party's side. I did not like Camille, but I took her side after I found she was cheated on.

These people have a lot of money and do not face the worries ordinary people do. Looks have nothing to do with whether a person is a cad or cheat. Just because Paul looks like a tella tubby does not mean he is innocent. Adrienne sure was a bitch to Lisa, but that could be misdirected frustration.

I like Paul well enough, but I do not care to see more of him or Lisa for that matter. But I guess I could watch another season of her. She has some "splaining" to do.
    You can do it!

I don't know. Am I so jaded about these shows? A part of me thinks Adrienne, having problems in her marriage is using this to keep her storyline interesting. A la Vicky Gunvelson. Vicky was planning her divorce for a long time before it went down. Then there was Tamra and Simon...did she start this whole trend?

Adrienne and Paul have small kids. Can't they work this stuff out? I guess the viewing audience will find out....
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fan

I think that it is really hard to say who is more at "fault" based on what we see. While I found Paul fun and laid back, I could see that if taken to an extreme he would be shifting on the responsibility and decision making on Adrienne. He would be more like another child rather than a marriage partner and that can get old. I also like Adrienne and think that she is a good business woman, organized, and a good sense of self. Taken to an extreme though she may be rigid and impatient. I think that they were two people with very different personalities whose differences became larger over time rather than smaller.

I did side with Camille on the divorce though. The way Kelsey treated her was very cold and he seems so unapologetic about it.
    prhoshay likes this.

I'm with you. What may seem funny and cute and endearing before one marries can become annoying and undesirable to live with, down the road.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What if Paul cheated on Adrienne at some point in the past? Then all of her bitterness and snide comments to him could be put in another context. I'm not saying he did, I have no idea. But I do think others have a point that we really only know what we saw on TV. Who knows what happened before they got on TV - and whether Adrienne was always like that towards him or whether something happened to make her like that toward him.

On Good Afternoon America, today, they talked a bit about the split. They said that Adrienne (I believe) had consented to an open relationship in an attempt to save the relationship! I know some of our sleuths out there have heard something about this!

+ Reply to Thread