+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

  1. #2741
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,663

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Hmm there are a lot of people who want a pedestrian home like Kyle. A little less than a million dollar making man. I adore ms Kyle just as she is. Kyle loves her kids,man and herself what else is needed after that,lol
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #2742
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Hmm there are a lot of people who want a pedestrian home like Kyle. A little less than a million dollar making man. I adore ms Kyle just as she is. Kyle loves her kids,man and herself what else is needed after that,lol
    I get your point, but I don't agree. Kyle loves herself enough for the rest of us. Being a focal point on a reality tv show has encouraged her narcissism...high heels/formal dresses/splits on a table come to mind, ya know?
    mom2 and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  3. #2743
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,147

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Hmm there are a lot of people who want a pedestrian home like Kyle. A little less than a million dollar making man. I adore ms Kyle just as she is. Kyle loves her kids,man and herself what else is needed after that,lol
    I've been holding out on making a decision about Kyle for a long time. I find her to be the most difficult cast member to figure out. In the end, I think she is actually a pretty great person. She does genuinely enjoy and appreciate what she has - and in a good way.

    The only area I have an issue with her is how she treats Kim. She is far to controlling and indirectly enabling and refuses counseling. They really need to go as a pair if there is a chance in hell of them working things out thoroughly and honestly.

    One thing I've really appreciated about both Kim and Kyle is how unenvious they are of others. Kathy Hilton, their sister, is as wealthy as they come and neither seems jealous! Same with all their rich friends. In this way, I think Kim and Kyle are pretty down to earth in ways that matter.

  4. #2744
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    I like what I've seen of Kyle's home, much better than the palaces that some of the others live in, especially Adrienne's.
    I love how it's all done in white but I have to wonder how the heck they keep all white furniture clean. She has kids and how do you keep white sofas, chairs, carpeting and walls so white? Especially the upholstered furniture.
    I've seen other high end homes like that and always wonder. My carpets are tweedy so dog-dirt doesn't show!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  5. #2745
    FORT Fogey Rockytop Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Kyle needs a makeover. She never looks put together like Camille and Lisa. And whomever said they wonder how Kyle can afford major-price designer stuff, I agree b/c her DH probably makes little more than a million a year. Their house looks pedestrian at best, and Kyle's overspending must be racking up some mighty credit card bills.
    Beverly Hills is the one cast where I have never noticed the cast flaunting their labels and price tags (except for Dana and her $25K sunglasses) I don't wonder how Kyle affords what she has, because I don't know what she has. And I have a feeling there is some inherited money on her side and some family money on Mauricio's side that supplements his income.

    Also, i am pretty sure it was Taylor that the previous poster was saying they wonder how she affords her clothes

  6. #2746
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,663

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I've been holding out on making a decision about Kyle for a long time. I find her to be the most difficult cast member to figure out. In the end, I think she is actually a pretty great person. She does genuinely enjoy and appreciate what she has - and in a good way.

    The only area I have an issue with her is how she treats Kim. She is far to controlling and indirectly enabling and refuses counseling. They really need to go as a pair if there is a chance in hell of them working things out thoroughly and honestly.

    One thing I've really appreciated about both Kim and Kyle is how unenvious they are of others. Kathy Hilton, their sister, is as wealthy as they come and neither seems jealous! Same with all their rich friends. In this way, I think Kim and Kyle are pretty down to earth in ways that matter.
    Its hard to say with me on Kim. I get the feeling that Kyle is the one who seems most vested in trying to help Kim. I just seem to think the others in the family sit back and let Kyle take the lead. Kim is an adult and maybe Kyle needs to let her sink before she will swim. I get the feeling she kind of thinks of Kim as hopeless but the thing is Kim runs to Kyle with her issues. So they enable each other.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #2747
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,663

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I get your point, but I don't agree. Kyle loves herself enough for the rest of us. Being a focal point on a reality tv show has encouraged her narcissism...high heels/formal dresses/splits on a table come to mind, ya know?
    Self love is a good thing,
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #2748
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Self love is a good thing,
    Not necessarily. Too much (narcissism) is a very bad thing.
    mom2 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  9. #2749
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,535

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Kyle gives off the "mean girl leader" vibes every time the ladies gang up on someone. Can't stand her, wish she would begone! And take Taylorwhat'sherrealname, and Dana with her.

    Seriously, Kyle and Kim flaunt their entitled air all around them. No.One.Cares. One day she'll figure out she dropped a quality friend (Lisa) for a lying grifter (Taylor), thinking it gave her more status (taking care of the victim).
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #2750
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,706

    Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I like what I've seen of Kyle's home, much better than the palaces that some of the others live in, especially Adrienne's.
    I love how it's all done in white but I have to wonder how the heck they keep all white furniture clean. She has kids and how do you keep white sofas, chairs, carpeting and walls so white? Especially the upholstered furniture.
    I've seen other high end homes like that and always wonder. My carpets are tweedy so dog-dirt doesn't show!
    Ahh.... I love Adrienne's home, yeah maybe a little overdone, but the architecture is great and furnishings look substantial. I love seeing interiors finished with fluted columns, arches, and pediments. White stuff is probably only in the adult and public rooms - I suspect they have a couple thousand square feet of very comfortable and kid-friendly playroom, tv room for the children, bathrooms, sports area and kitchen near the childrens' bedrooms; that would be expected in a home that size. I don't like Kyle's home, but hey everyone's different.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.