+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2924Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I saw this is a magazine yesterday when I was getting my hair cut so I decided to Google this morning. If this is true:

Taylor Armstrong Dating 'Most Eligible Dallas' Star Matt Nordgren? (POLL) | LimeLife
    I had no idea that Taylor was "dating" just after her separation from Russell. Yeah, that's how a sensible, "learned-my-lesson" abused wife acts.
    (sorry to those who support Taylor but I find her to be a lying, attention-getting, and smearing her husband's rep for her own needs, pariah. And now she's got another dude on the line. I have to wonder what's in it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm watching the final reunion and Kyle is really starting to get to me. I still find her totally passive / aggressive with Kim. Kim is far from perfect, but Kyle needs to let go of that jealousy she had for her since they were kids and Kim got all the attention. Kyle, grow up already......
    I think Kyle really does care about Kim but she's so stuck on herself and her needs that she's just not the right person to help her sister. They both have psychological problems, JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I think Kim looks good for where she is right now. I don't know if she's doing traditional AA, but the forgiveness step (as it may or may not apply to Brandi) could be months down the road. A guy I knew was in AA over a year before he got that step. She's put on weight, which is a good thing as she doesn't look at death's door, and has some of her humor back--though Kyle still seems to be devoid of a sense of humor, but there's no rehab for that. It does appear she's still on some heavy psychotropes, but as long as she's actually monitored, that could be a good thing. Having known a half-dozen or so friends/family who have had alcohol & depression/anxiety issues, I truly wish her the best. IMHO, being on this show is not the best for her. If Kyle is at least 10% true on how much she cares for Kim, she'll make sure that, at the very most, Kim just makes random appearances when Kim is in a good space for doing so. But really, the Richards sisters need to step back from the cameras in whole.
    Some people really do need those drugs for anxiety and I'm hoping they help Kim. Personally, I think Kyle could use something also.
    Gotta wonder why these two sisters have these problems.
    RoxyKnox likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I think Kim looks good for where she is right now. I don't know if she's doing traditional AA, but the forgiveness step (as it may or may not apply to Brandi) could be months down the road. A guy I knew was in AA over a year before he got that step. She's put on weight, which is a good thing as she doesn't look at death's door, and has some of her humor back--though Kyle still seems to be devoid of a sense of humor, but there's no rehab for that. It does appear she's still on some heavy psychotropes, but as long as she's actually monitored, that could be a good thing. Having known a half-dozen or so friends/family who have had alcohol & depression/anxiety issues, I truly wish her the best. IMHO, being on this show is not the best for her. If Kyle is at least 10% true on how much she cares for Kim, she'll make sure that, at the very most, Kim just makes random appearances when Kim is in a good space for doing so. But really, the Richards sisters need to step back from the cameras in whole.

That being said, I still really like the Brandi/Lisa combo. Is it possible for a buddy-comedy-reality show with that weird duo?
    I don't know enough about it, but I sure hope you are right about the fact that her continued medication could be a good thing. I'm not convinced. There are so many horror stories about people being addicted to prescription med's.

And, there are alot of red flags already. The first being that she appeared looped up on meds during her one-on-one with Andy. I could be wrong, but she sure did slur alot.

Also, I think she and Kyle haven't gotten to the root of their issues, which is worrisome. Until that happens, I think its unlikely Kim will ever get better. I'm not sure Kathy is in the picture in that wierd dynamic ... she is so much younger than Kim and Kyle, and from what I've read, got out of Dodge at an early age.

The forgiveness issue is another flag. What Brandi said apears to have impacted Kim's kids significantly which will make forgiveness more difficult. Still, if Kim were honest, she'd sit her kids down and have a discussion in which she owns up to her addiction. She shouldn't care what Brandi or anyone else says. It's like Camille saying the only one who put Taylor in danger was Taylor. For Kim, the only one hurting her kids is Kim.

I've always thought Kim was actually very smart, kind, and dignififed. I haven't changed my opinion. And, she is more a voice of reason than Kyle. If she truly reaches sobriety - in a long-term and spiritual sort of way, she'd be rather great, I think. My opinion of Kyle hasn't changed either. I still think she is just as in need of therapy just as much as Kim, but she's addicted to the drama which she has likely known her enire life. For both of them, it goes back to their mother who didn't do a stellar job of mothering two child stars from what I've read.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-14-2012 at 02:45 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Okay....Kim has to go, too.

She doesn't think she owes Brandi an apology? Really? Not even thinking the "crutches" thing. Kim was horrid towards Brandi that night and made her (Brandi) feel extremely uncomfortable and unwelcome. Day-um, Kim. You're not "there" yet.

I'm changing my list: Kyle, Taylor, Andrienne, and Lisa need to be given a long vacation from the Beverly Hills Housewives. Let's start over with Lisa, Camille, and Heather (from OC) and send Brandi (like her) to OC to torture Tamra.
    Kim is delusional, as usual. She seems not to realize (or is unable to admit) that her behavior had become so bizarre-scrabbling around on the floor and in her pocketbook forever, in the limo obsessing over the trash, the multiple trips to the bathroom (all of which added up to something worse than alcohol to me)-that Brandi could be forgiven for thinking some serious drugs were involved. And I may be the only one to remember it, but there was a party-Kyle's white party, I think-where Kim cornered Brandi and launched into an incoherent tirade that went on forever, and Brandi kept her cool. She acknowledged what Kim was saying, refused to be drawn into a fight, and avoiding offending Kim further, and extricated herself as gracefully as possible under the circumstances. I would have walked away a whole lot sooner. That made me like Brandi more than I thought I would.

FORT Newbie

Part 3 of the reunion show was pretty dull to me. That very long interview with Kim, and then Kim and Kyle, went on way too long-seemed more like a therapy session than an interview. Kim looked a lot better, though, the weight she's gained is good.

Andy again gave Taylor way too much time. Taylor's new stories didnt seem to impress the other ladies. Bravo to Brandi for saying that Taylor's abuse stories just didnt add up for her.

Love the relationship between Lisa and her husband, Todd. They are just so secure with each other.
    SugarMama and sparklete like this.

I have not seen Part 3 yet but reading all these posts, I think I will skip this epi! I saw more than enough of the "Kim and Kyle" show this season! No thanks! I am with those that feel Kim and Kyle need not return next season! Blah blah blah with them! They both need some serious family counseling! JMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyKnox View Post
    Part 3 of the reunion show was pretty dull to me. That very long interview with Kim, and then Kim and Kyle, went on way too long-seemed more like a therapy session than an interview. Kim looked a lot better, though, the weight she's gained is good.

Andy again gave Taylor way too much time. Taylor's new stories didnt seem to impress the other ladies. Bravo to Brandi for saying that Taylor's abuse stories just didnt add up for her.

Love the relationship between Lisa and her husband, Todd. They are just so secure with each other.
    Do you mean Lisa and Ken? Not sure who Todd is?
    KAREN

I do not know who the Dallas most eligible is. Probably some dynamics going on there.

Removing support from the Brandi camp over the sex with the married man comments. Now I do not want Lisa to spend much time with her.
    Last edited by Lizard; 02-14-2012 at 06:38 AM.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    ... My guess is that Brandi would take an apology. Kim is not a mean girl although she might live in Meanville. We all have vision problems...
    Well said, I completely agree
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    ..Do you mean Lisa and Ken? Not sure who Todd is?
    Ken's last name is Todd, therein lies the confusion.

I noticed in an earlier post from last night I said "Lisa" instead of "Kim" - I've done that a few times, that brain cell just doesn't want to fire.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Speaking of Brandi, I absolutely loved, really loved the look on Taylor's face when she tried to "gotcha" Brandi over slashing Eddie's motorcycle tires, and Brandi didn't hesitate and said, "Yes, I did!" Taylor deflated faster than a popped balloon, fun to watch

Wiped that sneer of Taylor's face immediately.
    mom2 and Uncle David like this.

Have you noticed that Taylor wrinkles up her nose and eyes when she is smiling at someone in a smug way? Is she trying to be sincere but her true emotions wrinkle up her face??

I really loved the interview with Kim. I wish she did not have to be on all those meds because you can tell it slows down her thinking and wit. I saw more of her true personality come out when Kyle came to join the interview. They were actually having fun with one another and that was nice to see. I have been through a Family Week before and it's very very intense, but so beneficial. A lot of pent-up emotion comes out which therefore results in forgiveness. Kim was apologizing last night to Kyle about the Hawaii trip, which I could see was a result of her Family Week. Now Brandi seems non-existent to Kim, so she probably doesn't see the need to forgive her. Like someone else mentioned, maybe that will come later on down the road.

And did Adrienne even say anything last night???

+ Reply to Thread