+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3128Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Finally had the chance to view Part 2 of the reunion show. As much as I saw so much of myself & wanted to believe you Taylor....I DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD THAT COMES OUT OF HER OVER-INFLATED LIPS!

I am sorry but this woman is in charge of a charity that raises funds to help battered & abused women leave their situations but she herself, Miss Campaigner of abused women to be brave, stand up for themselves & take their children and get out of that abusive situation did not, I repaeat, DID NOT DO THE ONE THING SHE WAS ADVISING WOMEN TO DO! Does that not make you a hypocrite? You claim you couldn't leave because you were afraid of Russell, that you would be broke, that he would have visitation with Kennedy so you just HAD to stay. You had girlfriends who are mulitmillionaires who offered you help which you declined. You owned your own business which Russell was not a part of. I am sure Lisa or even Adrainne wou;d have given you a job if you really needed one.
    Unless I missed it, I didn't see any reference at all to Taylor's charity this year. Nothing appears off limits on this show and so I can't help but wonder if the group threatened legal action? And, I wonder if Taylor is still involved? Man. That woman is messed up - or just really stupid. One or the other.

I'd like to see her come back next year serving drinks at one of Lisa's restaurants.
    mom2 and norealityhere like this.

FORT Fogey

Not to drone on about this woman but I just found this...

Real Housewife Taylor Armstrong Tells All. Or Does She? - The Daily Beast

The thing is, if she were telling the truth, the full truth, there would be NO discrepancies.
    Starbucks880 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    ...The thing is, if she were telling the truth, the full truth, there would be NO discrepancies.
    Thanks for providing the link, Jexter - honestly, I really, really tried to read it, but I could get past the first page. I agree with you 100%.

I can't (nor can anyone) say whether or not Russell abused Taylor (or if she abused HIM - Oklahoma'd his a$$ perhaps - or both). We can't know. And as the article pointed out, there were no 911 calls, no police reports, nothing. If she WAS abused by Russell and never reported it, then she should just shut up because she didn't do anything about it. If she WASN'T abused by Russell, then she should just shut up because she's lying about her dead husband and the father of her child.

Either way, she should just shut up! I'm tired of her whining.

If I were a betting person, I put money on them both hammering each other (verbally and/or otherwise) as they slithered up the social ladder in Beverly Hills.
    mom2, AmyKay, Starbucks880 and 1 others like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Thx for the link, Jex. I read the whole darn thing. Seems no one at all believes ShanaHughesFordTaylorArmstrong is telling the whole truth- not her castmates, reporting sources, good friends of Russell, his relatives, HW fans, nobody. Including me. She probably was abused, verbally and physically; but she lies about so much of her life, it's a fat fuzzy gray line between truth and fabrication, and she's wallowing in the gray shallows.

I am not buying what she's selling... Interesting that a friend of Russell's, interviewed for the article, thinks her future is finding a man with money- apparently that's what she's known for.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I don't know - none of us knows. I have no idea about Russell and his motivations. I have no idea what his relationship to Taylor was like, outside of what we saw on TV (and we all know about editing and manipulation). We can assume all we want. But we don't know. And that was the only point I was trying to make.
    my assumptions are based on past history for Russell. Russell has an abusive past that is fact, documentation from a court of law agrees with me. Russell even had to take anger management classes because of it. The facts as presented show a tendency to slap women around. Taylor may lie about a lot of things but I really believe that she was an abused woman. I could careless that her real name is Shana, Susy Sunshine or Jenny from the block. She may indeed be a vile piece of work, but if she was abused that is just plain wrong. I have very close friends who have been abused and they are shattered inside and outside and the fact that they have to go through the same ish that Taylor does with people not believing them just bugs me so much.

I have not walked a mile in Taylors shoes but I can imagine how alone she must feel with people always looking at her sideways and insisting she can't be abused because she is a liar. As if that is some sort of protection against life ils.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    On one of the news programs this morning there was a preview for Dr. Drew. Taylor will be on and one of the questions they previewed was whether she joined the show in part as a way to control the situation with Russell.
    I'm confused...isn't Dr. Drew's show about clebrity rehab or is this for his new show LifeChanges?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I do believe that there was some sort of abusive behavior, verbal, emotional, and physical.
    This is not directed to what you said, Rockytop Chick, but rather to the world, in general....Have we come to a place where we now consider someone, in an arguement, yelling at you, calling you names, abuse?? I could agree with that if it were a case of, say, a child, who's parents behaved that way but, to me only, if you're there and not being forced to be there, have ways to leave, then I don't consider it abuse, like I would physical abuse. If you don't like how someone treats you, leave. Too much psycho-babble for me.

Real Housewife Taylor Armstrong Tells All. Or Does She? - The Daily Beast

The thing is, if she were telling the truth, the full truth, there would be NO discrepancies.
    Can't believe I read the whole thing but I did....and it just cements my suspicions about Taylor's lies and exaggerations about Russell. Too many conflicting statements being made by someone who's very needy and has found a way to take some unpleasant aspects of her life and blow them out of proportion to achieve the goal of getting attention.
    I'm sure living with Russell was not a walk in the park but I'm not so sure she was "abused" like she claims. Just doesn't make sense...first she has a black eye from him, then admits there's no outward evidence of this....as someone said, cosmetic surgery can cause bruising and so can makeup create it. And if I was having the serious problem she had with her eye, I wouldn't be out partying. I'd be home with a bandage on my eye, carefully taking care of it to prevent further damage. And how come it took so long for her doctor to fix it?? You'd think it would require immediate attention...at least, it would to me, to preserve my eyesight.

Darn it! I really meant to not talk more about Taylor and I totally blew it but the discepancies in her stories drive me mad.

I'm still behind on catching up with the reunions so have just seen part of the first one. When they were showing clips of the "girls" in the beginning, did anyone else notice the one of Taylor, in what seemed like a theater, laughing with her mouth open? That is the hugest mouth I've ever seen! - not her lips but her mouth. Reminded me of Jonah and the Whale.
    norealityhere likes this.

well in the court documents that the previous mrs armstong filed. Russell beat,pushed,spit on her and slapped her around while she was pregnant. So a man that would do that is no saint. I highly doubt he just stopped this habit on a dime.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see any reference at all to Taylor's charity this year. Nothing appears off limits on this show and so I can't help but wonder if the group threatened legal action? And, I wonder if Taylor is still involved? Man. That woman is messed up - or just really stupid. One or the other.

I'd like to see her come back next year serving drinks at one of Lisa's restaurants.
    She brought it up after Brandi mentioned her book. Then she named her charity after she recited that 3 women are injured or killed everday from domestic violence & if she didn't release her book more women would be injured/killed. That is when I 99% stopped believing her. The she was on Andy's show & a viewer asked her if any money raised from her book would go to her charity & she danced around that question like she wa a contestant on DWTS. She made mention that she is broke & is being sued...blah..blah ...blah
    That is when I stopped believeing her 100%!

I also do not believe the part when she said she put her dislocated jaw back into place with the assistance of a toilet. Notice how it went from a broken jaw to a dislocated jaw??? My son once dislocated his shoulder playing sports. Even with pain medication, 2 doctors & a nurse he was still in pain. Dr Taylor healed herself without any pain meds or assiatance. I also now think the black eye was either Kennedy or another round of plastic surgery.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 02-09-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Oompaloopa likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay1964 View Post
    There is definitely proof of verbal abuse since Lisa said she read the text from Russell to Taylor. Physical abuse I'm not so sure. The bruise on her eye the ladies saw on the show could have been from plastic surgery. I never would have thought plastic surgery could be so bruising until I saw Kyle's mil after hers!
    Taylor could have very well used Russell's cell phone to text herself. Just sayin...
    mom2, Starbucks880 and Oompaloopa like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Taylor could have very well used Russell's cell phone to text herself. Just sayin...
    Wow, that would be just evil....

+ Reply to Thread