+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3151Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

This is what frustrates me so much about the excuses that Kyle gives about her bad behavior - she never extends the same consideration to the other women. She says that she can't be accountable for being mean to Brandi because there was so much going on in her life. Last year Camille had a lot going on in her life, but Kyle dug in to her non-stop. Same with Brandi this year. Why is it that when Kyle has things going on, people need to understand, but when others do, that's no excuse? With Camille, if Kelsey had been a model ex-husband, I'd have an issue with the ways she's demeaned him. But he hasn't. He very publicly humiliated her. And given that he abandoned her for another woman last year when Camille was still trying to call him, reach out to him, and was on the show saying great things about him, I have a hard time believing that he only stopped talking to her because of the things she said about him. I think he's a spoiled Hollywood actor type who believes the people around him are there to serve him, including his wife. He got bored with Camille, moved on to something new, and thinks that because he was bored, he can deny she existed and move on. Go Camille!
    Shoepie likes this.

I was tired and just didn't feel up to exerting the energy to watch part two last night. I'm sure I'll catch it. Or, then again, maybe not. I'm growing extremely tired of these women (and not just BH, either). I honestly can't STAND Kyle or Taylor. And as others have mentioned...Adrienne seems to have a stick up her backside this season, too. While Kim has been unbearable to watch, at least she helped out by not wanting to be seen (win/win)...but once her addiction issues are addresed, perhaps that'll be different.

So, BH -- please dump Kyle and Taylor. I can't watch them another season, can't and won't.

Orange County is coming up. Just as I was with BH, I'm excited, but (as always) by the end I was just burned out and turned off. I'm beginning to wonder if these shows are worth my time.
    mom2 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Camille impressed me when Taylor was lying about whatever it was she was lying about - I can't keep up with her! Camille just very calmly said that's a lie, and turned to Andy for the next question. No mean look on her face or evil tone in her voice like what I hear and see with Taylor and Kyle. I can see why she doesn't want to come back to the show - I wouldn't want to put up with those women either!
    mom2 and Prism like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    So, BH -- please dump Kyle and Taylor. I can't watch them another season, can't and won't.
    I am with you!
    mom2 and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay1964 View Post
    Camille impressed me when Taylor was lying about whatever it was she was lying about - I can't keep up with her! Camille just very calmly said that's a lie, and turned to Andy for the next question. No mean look on her face or evil tone in her voice like what I hear and see with Taylor and Kyle. I can see why she doesn't want to come back to the show - I wouldn't want to put up with those women either!
    Interestingly enough, Taylor didn't really deny it was a lie either. Hate to jump on the Taylor hate train again, but i'm intriqued.....I don't know what to believe with her. Honestly, none of us know if she was abused or not, but if she was that is very very serious no matter if there were physical signs or not- What I find horrific is that they all kept silent and just sort of let Taylor deal with it herself. If my friend with a young child was repeatedly telling me that her husband is violently abusive and I had unlimited resources and social influence; I would not suggest that she do a reality show. I would be making her get her child and get her out of that home and to a safe location even if I had to fit the bill. If the abuse was true, clearly Taylor was not getting herself out of there or her child. Were they just all going to stand by and let it happen? The night of Brandi's Malibu party; Taylor is literally lunging over patio furniture to scream about how she's in danger and things could hurt her. Why did no one there say, "you aren't going back to that house tonight; let's pick up your child and let's get you both out of there for good."?
    Bunny555 likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Interestingly enough, Taylor didn't really deny it was a lie either. Hate to jump on the Taylor hate train again, but i'm intriqued.....I don't know what to believe with her. Honestly, none of us know if she was abused or not, but if she was that is very very serious no matter if there were physical signs or not- What I find horrific is that they all kept silent and just sort of let Taylor deal with it herself. If my friend with a young child was repeatedly telling me that her husband is violently abusive and I had unlimited resources and social influence; I would not suggest that she do a reality show. I would be making her get her child and get her out of that home and to a safe location even if I had to fit the bill. If the abuse was true, clearly Taylor was not getting herself out of there or her child. Were they just all going to stand by and let it happen? The night of Brandi's Malibu party; Taylor is literally lunging over patio furniture to scream about how she's in danger and things could hurt her. Why did no one there say, "you aren't going back to that house tonight; let's pick up your child and let's get you both out of there for good."?
    I think that the women did offer Taylor a safe house. Wasn't that the point of Lisa's statement to Taylor that started "I know I'm not your best friend, but if you need anything..". The hard part about this situation I think is that Taylor was sending a lot of mixed signals about what she wanted from the women. She wanted them to support her, but also to stay out of her marriage because she wasn't ready to end the marriage. She loved Russell, but was also abused by him and she didn't love that part of him. Taylor certainly isn't the first woman in an abusive relationship to compartmentalize her feelings or the behavior of the other person - i.e. - he isn't really like this.

On one of the news programs this morning there was a preview for Dr. Drew. Taylor will be on and one of the questions they previewed was whether she joined the show in part as a way to control the situation with Russell.

FORT Fogey

I'll reserve final judgement for the final installment of the reunion, but as it is now, I still do not trust that we are getting the full and accurate story from Taylor.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post

I had a friend who married an abusive alcoholic. I could count on every weekend getting a call from her to tell me how either a) he had come home drunk hit her a few times and left, or he had come home drunk, hit her a few times and she had called the police and he was in jail. And we would talk about how horrible he was to her and how she really needed to leave him. Then by Monday morning, he was back home, had told her he would never ever hurt her again, they had had mad passionate sex and all was right with the world, except she couldn't believe I had said such awful things about her husband.

I have a feeling these ladies may have experienced a similar frustration with Taylor
    Shoepie likes this.

I've seen references to Kim & Taylor both having traumatic histories... as children and some harmful adult experiences. Kim's trauma is understandable, child star, murdered boyfriend and all that. But what about Taylor ? All I've heard is references, never a description of what the heck bruised her brain so badly. Anyone know?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Newbie

I have no sympathy for Taylor at all. I think she has shown people who she truly is by past actions, Shana/Taylor FORD?? Really???
    I am also totally disgusted that she publicly flaunts volunteering for an abused womens shelter. WTH??Seriously isn't anyone elses bullshit alarm going off here? My mother who was in an abusive marriage GOT OUT and volunteered at a womens shelter for years. Do you know what they teach you in a womens shelter?? HOW TO ESCAPE A VIOLENT ENVIRONMENT. Seriously she had the means to leave at her fingertips, she couldn't have been in a better environment to enable her to get out of "danger". Either she is a hypocrit of the worst kind or she has Munchausens and believes she is an " abused victim".
    Last edited by Horsnhound01; 02-07-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    mom2 and Storm915 like this.

+ Reply to Thread