+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

All that sniping at Lisa over the "hoof" comment, Pandora's bachelorette, and whether or not she made disparaging remarks about Bernie's cooking were just so petty and nothing to get worked up over. It seemed like a forced/staged conflict. But Adrienne surprised me with the low-blow accusing Lisa of selling a story to RadarOnline; she didn't back it up with any facts, just something she "heard" apparently from the Radar reporter. Like the Radar reporter wouldn't have motive to lie to get a story out of any one of the housewives! Oh, and the "Crackpot" tweet from Lisa was in response to Adrienne talking about Jackpot besting Giggy (in some fashion, I can't remember exactly). It's all just so trivial, it's hard to believe the conflict was real at all and not just written up by Andy. Either that or Adrienne has absoultley no sense of humor.

And speaking of tabloids, how surreal must your life be if you learn about the death of your castmate when TMZ calls to get a comment, as with Kyle?
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 01-31-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Shoepie, SugarMama and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    ... It's all just so trivial, it's hard to believe the conflict was real at all and not just written up by Andy. Either that or Adrienne has absoultley no sense of humor...
    I've been wondering the same thing myself, thanks for bringing it up. I've been remembering how she picks at Paul with that little half smile and gleam in her eye. I get that same vibe from Lisa - she's "just picking" as we say in these parts.

Who knows what is "real" about these Real Housewives? Most of them have never met before the show and I'd bet most (not all) are mere acquaintances once the cameras cease to roll.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I'm actually glad that Andy brought up the conflict between Lisa and Adrienne's chef for a couple of reasons. First, I thought that whole thing was funny, so I enjoyed re-living it. Second,I thought it reflected really well on Adrienne that she was making no distinction between a friend/neighbor and her "hired help". To me, it said she respected both of them equally, and did not want to see either one run down. Since I would guess that many people with Adrienne's wealth don't view the people who work in their homes as human, it was nice to see. I do kind of wish that they'd called Lisa out on her slight hypocrisy on that one though. When Lisa was claiming she'd never allow someone to work for her who would talk bad about her friends, Adrienne could have pointed out that Lisa DID employee a waitress who had been sleeping with Brandi's husband. When that happened, Lisa merely sent her home so she wasn't around Brandi. She didn't fire her.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I'm actually glad that Andy brought up the conflict between Lisa and Adrienne's chef for a couple of reasons. First, I thought that whole thing was funny, so I enjoyed re-living it. Second,I thought it reflected really well on Adrienne that she was making no distinction between a friend/neighbor and her "hired help". To me, it said she respected both of them equally, and did not want to see either one run down. Since I would guess that many people with Adrienne's wealth don't view the people who work in their homes as human, it was nice to see. I do kind of wish that they'd called Lisa out on her slight hypocrisy on that one though. When Lisa was claiming she'd never allow someone to work for her who would talk bad about her friends, Adrienne could have pointed out that Lisa DID employee a waitress who had been sleeping with Brandi's husband. When that happened, Lisa merely sent her home so she wasn't around Brandi. She didn't fire her.
    If the girl was doing her job there would be no reason to fire her. The waitress wasn't speaking badly about Brandi and she went to Lisa and reported the problem. Lisa sent her home because a guest was uncomfortable. It was the right move.
    CYA

Lisa might have hired that waitress [I]because [I]she is Brandi's ex-husband's girlfriend. But to be sure, Lisa would never do something so crass as to let it be seen that she actually knew. So of course she banished the waitress when Brandi noticed her. Lisa flips the bird at people in the most undetectable manner possible, all with a smile, and all with gracious goodness. That's part of what makes her interesting to me.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Bunny555 mentioned downthread that Camille is laying low. Yep, I agree; she's still Scamille to me, and I think she's a witch - a beautiful one with a knockout body - but a witch nonetheless. Her first season gig with that scammy DuSomething woman who claims to be the mentalist, wow they are a pair of scheming scummy schleppers; two of a kind, mean as hale. Dress her up, gift her millions of $$$, but she's still smarmy.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Bunny555 mentioned downthread that Camille is laying low. Yep, I agree; she's still Scamille to me, and I think she's a witch - a beautiful one with a knockout body - but a witch nonetheless. Her first season gig with that scammy DuSomething woman who claims to be the mentalist, wow they are a pair of scheming scummy schleppers; two of a kind, mean as hale. Dress her up, gift her millions of $$$, but she's still smarmy.
    I agree with one exception: while she has a body to die for, her face just isn't pretty (in my opinion).

DuSomething = Allison Dubois (DuBwaaaah)
    jucamer likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Lisa might have hired that waitress [I]because [I]she is Brandi's ex-husband's girlfriend.
    I believe that Lisa said the girl had worked for her for 3 years, well before Lisa and Brandi met. And it's not implausible that Lisa didn't know about the girl sleeping with Brandi's allegedly famous husband. I've IMDB'd him several times and it still does not stick in my memory what he was supposedly famous for and I always thought it was Lee Ann Rimes who cheated on her husband. But frankly, that affair doesn't interest me half as much as Brandi entertains me.
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I believe that Lisa said the girl had worked for her for 3 years, well before Lisa and Brandi met. And it's not implausible that Lisa didn't know about the girl sleeping with Brandi's allegedly famous husband. I've IMDB'd him several times and it still does not stick in my memory what he was supposedly famous for and I always thought it was Lee Ann Rimes who cheated on her husband. But frankly, that affair doesn't interest me half as much as Brandi entertains me.
    I agree. I'm sure Beverly Hills is replete with wannabes...from what I've read/heard, servers are often aspiring actors/actresses (I'm old fashioned)? It's not much a stretch to find a server who's been involved with another actor. It all seemed like a coincidence, and Lisa handled it well - asked that woman to leave for the night in light of Brandi being there, she didn't fire her... it was just a situation of removing a potential conflict.

FORT Fogey

I'm a bit on the fence with all the sniping - and not really sure which side to land on.

On the one hand, Lisa's humor can be hurtful, but she has an attitude such that no one should be sensitive to it just because she isn't. That's a problem. People have different degrees of sensitivity. Lisa ma be able to brush things off, but she shouldn't expect others to be the same.

On the other hand, some people are far too sensitive. Adrienne, in particular, seems very sensitive to even the littlest remark. I suspect Adrienne is jealous of Lisa's confidence, easy way in life and fame on the heels of the show. If that's the case, it's a shame - and certainly not necessary. Adrienne has tons going for her all on her own, and I hope she redirects her energy on focusing on being the best person she can be rather than on Lisa. Good example: washing the chicken....Adrienne took it personally but she should have laughed it off; she would have come off as far less insecure.

Reg. the Maloof Hoof vs. Van der Pump comment summarizes everything....I personally thought Malook Hoof was a clever play on words and not derogatory. On the other hand, when up against the Van der Pump, it doesn't sound as nice and can be construed as something less than what Adrienne would have liked. I believe Lisa when she said she meant no harm yet I understand how Adrienne could be offended. Still, going against Lisa is a no-win. Even her last name seems better than the rest - and completely unintentional.

The others:
    Taylor - still not believing everything she said (sorry, Taylor fans)

Camille - Camille was HORRID prior to her divorce, but she did a 180 and has become quite the charmer to me. If a public divorce is what is needed to bring humility to the rich and famous, bring 'em on. .

Brandi - I posted earlier that I am like Lisa. I tried very hard not to like Brandi, but its impossible. I would prefer her without the potty mouth, but everything else, I like a great deal. She is smart....the only one who comes close to being able to keep up with Lisa.

Kyle - Kyle is Kyle. Nervous Nellie who loves to live in drama. Normally I'm not the greatest fan. Quite honestly, I think she needs to be in therapy as much as Kim - if not more. She fuels the fire subconsciously, and there is something a bit off there. She redeemed herself to me when she said to Kim something like "I'm not perfect! I'm the most disturbed person I know!" I took that to mean she understands her psychological imperfections and realizes they need work. I put a lot of stock into that kind of self-reflection and understanding. I give Kyle a pass this season compared to last.

Kim - I still adore Kim. I'm anxious to see her solo reunion. I just hope the treatment sticks.

I hope they all come back next season...even Taylor only because I would like to see how her story plays out.
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-31-2012 at 11:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread