+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3000Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I agree, abuse should not be taken lightly and I honestly believe that no one here has done that. What I've seen, and contributed to the conversation, are people who have a hard time believing anything that Taylor says because of her history of fabricating her truth. The examples are endless.

Her own friends questioned the situation, which to me are huge red flags. I can't imagine a friend that I know is trustworthy, telling me that she is in an abusive relationship, and not believing her.

Taylor also released a book only a few months after her husbands death, trashing him with no regard for his children, including her daughter.

In short, you don't make those claims against a person who can't defend themselves.
    I think that it's important to tell the truth, whether the abuser is still alive or has passed away. I think that books like, for example, Mommy Dearest, are very important for the victim, to have a chance to set the record straight, and to be allowed to tell their side --- as they experienced it. As for the children, I was an abused child and I didn't know the "truth" until I was much older. Too bad, because I was really confused and upset by what was going on in my world, and would have very much appreciated knowing what was really going on and WHY. It's pretty well accepted that children sense when something's wrong and don't miss much, if anything --- the trouble is, they usually don't UNDERSTAND it. From my own experience, I don't think that it is a bad thing for Taylor to tell the TRUTH about Russell ---- Kennedy is going to need a lot of help in either case, but it would not do her any good for her mother to tell her that her father was an angel, when all indications (from many other sources) are very much to the contrary. And more importantly, Kennedy will, in the long run, gain more from knowing the truth about her parents and DEALING WITH IT, than to be uninformed (or in denial) and NOT being equipped to deal with the fallout, whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay1964 View Post
    I taught (or should I say still am teaching!) my DS not to talk to me while I am on the phone. I think that is something reasonable a kid should do....now he can talk to someone else, just not me.

That is not what she wrote - the board said "Don't speak while Mommy's on the phone" - she didn't say don't speak to "me". Perhaps I misunderstood what she meant, but given the way she is I highly doubt it.....

I thought it was odd that Taylor brought Kennedy to the 'our first real time together since Russell' meeting at Kyle's house. I'm hoping it is because of Kyle's kids, but seeing how infrequently we actually see Kennedy, I thought it was a bit weird.

What I thought was REALLY weird was them gushing over how good Taylor looked - not in a 'you look good/are keeping yourself together and standing' way, but 'you look FANTASTIC!! I have never seen you so happy/relaxed/good (whatever the actual word was I'm blanking on, but that is how I took it)' and her beaming back. It sounded like something you would tell a friend who just got back from a spa or vacation, not from recently finding the father of their child's corpse.
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fogey

I actually thought it was nice that Taylor brought Kennedy. To me, it showed that she recognized that she needed to stay near Kennedy. If she had not brought her, to me it would have been worse to think the little girl was left at home with a nanny so her mom could go film. AT first, I worried that Taylor was going to have her sit there listening to all the women gossip, and I was not happy. But I was glad to see that they were in the same place, and Kennedy had other kids to play with.

Well, it's all over but the crying. And arguing. And shouting. And accusing. And outing the last bit of dirt they can think of in the heat of the reunion moment.

Despite all this, I think these women are interesting -- and closer to normal than any other HWs. Well, except shanahughestaylorfordarmstrong . And Kim of the endless mind altering substance supply.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I have to add that if you're going to be tripping out on meds on a reality show, do it like Paul. That recovery room scene was just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I agree, abuse should not be taken lightly and I honestly believe that no one here has done that. What I've seen, and contributed to the conversation, are people who have a hard time believing anything that Taylor says because of her history of fabricating her truth. The examples are endless.

Her own friends questioned the situation, which to me are huge red flags. I can't imagine a friend that I know is trustworthy, telling me that she is in an abusive relationship, and not believing her.

Taylor also released a book only a few months after her husbands death, trashing him with no regard for his children, including her daughter.

In short, you don't make those claims against a person who can't defend themselves.
    I have to disagree. there are Prior instances showing Mr Armstrong was an abuser. You give the benefit of doubt to the abuser, but the victim's past is held against her. why is Russell beating of his ex wife and girlfriends court case not held as proof of his abuse? I would be happy if my abuser died suicide or not.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ok, just watched to be completely honest, I am glad this season is over there was just way way way too much DRAMA. Sheesh.
    mom2 likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I have to add that if you're going to be tripping out on meds on a reality show, do it like Paul. That recovery room scene was just too funny.
    I couldn't stop laughing, especially when he prefaced every fart with "Oh no ..." Just typing this is cracking me up. I'm 12.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I couldn't stop laughing, especially when he prefaced every fart with "Oh no ..." Just typing this is cracking me up. I'm 12.
    That was a funny scene, and gutsy of him to do it, conoloscopies being what they are! And never knowing how you're going to act when coming out of anesthesia. Maybe he had a deal with Bravo not to air the segment if it make him look like a complete dunce. Paul seems like such a good guy, very likeable.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread