+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3073Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Looking forward to the wedding tonight
    You can do it!

Thanks my FORT FRIENDS for your posts and replies!

**I'm looking forward to watching Pandora's wedding too.

To be honest none of us know what went on in the Armstrong household & we never will. Anyone who has had to endure living with someone who is abusive and/or has substance abuse issues leaves an indelible mark on your soul and it does change who you are. I hope & pray for Kennedy's sake 99% of this is not accurate.

I've been through it and it did change who I am as a person. I have big time trust issues that I doubt, even after 2 years of therapy, will never go away.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I find Kim's and Kyle's relationship to be one of the most interesting story lines of all the Housewife franchises. I would like to see it play out and so I hope they both come back next season.

I'm REALLY on the fence with Taylor. I find it very hard to care even a small amount for her, but I think I would like to see her story play out as well. I thought the accomplishment chart was revealling. Nearly everything on it was behavioral related, e.g. don't talk back, etc.

I understand Lisa is getting her own spin-off show which may be one reason for casting changes. The dynamic will certainly change if she goes. It will be an entirely different show, I think.

I thought it was interesting that we didn't see Dana at the opening of Lisa's bar. I wonder if Lisa didn't invite her?

I saw "Don't speak while Mommy's on the phone" on her list. What a witch that woman is - she's a child for god's sake! Poor baby is going to be a mess when she grows up

Shanna getting hit by Russell does not absolve her from any liabilities she has to third parties, clearly two different issues as people have mentioned.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-23-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I saw "Don't speak while Mommy's on the phone" on her list. What a witch that woman is - she's a child for god's sake! Poor baby is going to be a mess when she grows up
    I taught (or should I say still am teaching!) my DS not to talk to me while I am on the phone. I think that is something reasonable a kid should do....now he can talk to someone else, just not me.

FORT Fogey

I believe both sides. Taylor IS a grifter. I also believe Russell was aggressive towards her - physically and emotionally. In both cases, however, it's a matter of degree.

I think her grifter status comes about by not having any sense of self worth. Without this, she cannot make a life of her own, so she looks to others to take care of her - and preferrably of the rich and famous variety.

As of now, I think the physical abuse is a recent development that started on the heels of last season of the show. There were loads of reports from last season about how the negative portrayal of Russell was difficult for him. I'm guessing things escalated - both personally and professionally and he broke. He hit her and couldn't bare the post-show press that would ensue, and so he took his own life.

I am not one to disbelieve Taylor just because we haven't seen physical proof. But, I have distrusted her because her words and actions towards Russell and in general have not - until recently - indicated a desperate (scared, lost, confused, etc) woman in an abusive relationship.

Not to excuse Russell, but I stand with Camille on this one. The only one (other than Russell) responsible for endangering herself or her child is Taylor.

I'm seeing a therapist at the moment to work through a few things ... If I've learned one thing (well, actually I've learned TONS), it's that as much as we want to blame those who hurt us, how we respond is our own responsibility. Turns out I can't blame my husband or parents for every bad thing in my life. Darn her!
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I taught my kids that. I didn't expect them to be perfect of course, but I thought it was reasonable behavior for them to learn since I tried to raise them to have manners and be polite. That said, I did think some of her items were odd. What struck me was the one that had her taking a bath by herself. That seems odd for a 5 year old child, at least to me. My kids were able to wash themselves at that age, but I helped them draw the bath and make sure it wasn't a scalding temperature and to supervise to make sure the older one didn't drown the younger one. Even when my oldest was still an only child--I was pregnant with my second child when he was 5, I still did bath time with him and played with him. My next two were closer together and they had bath time together and played with toys, but my oldest one only had me for a while. It just seems so lonely to make her do it all by herself given that in my household we always made bathtime fun in a way that my kids sometimes got dirty just so they could take a bath. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere on that list was "don't look mommy in the eye".

Kennedy will need loads of therapy as she gets older, regardless of whether her father was abusive. Children are much more perceptive than people give them credit for, and even though I have gone on record and said I thought Taylor was making up most of what she says, I don't think it was all peace and love in that household. Plus, to put it bluntly, Taylor is a nutjob.

Watching the Finale...

Okay, Paul's colonoscopy/enema scene is amusing...but both my husband and I had ours this past year. Enema's aren't done unless it's an unplanned, emergency one (which are rare). They give you medicine that cleans you out the night before.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I absolutely LOVE Pandora's dress, especially that veil! I didn't think I would from what I'd seen, but it's different, not your every-day-wedding dress, and I give it two

On the other hand...for the first time I can remember, Lisa is wearing something I think is NOT flattering. Ugh, just not to my taste at all, I'd like to say "unusual" but I won't, yet I just did.
    And Mermaid dresses on Lisa (with her voluptuous behind, normal for a woman her age) was NOT flattering from behind. Oh well, she didn't ask for my opinion
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread