+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3123Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Rewatching Taylor "crying" at the table....is it my tv? I only see tears coming from Kyle...is it the camera angle or the lighting?
    Taylor is the queen of the dry cry.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    CYA

How the hale did Bravo talk the good doctor into appearing in a therapy session with his client at the opening party for a restaurant, for the luvagawd? Uh... he doesn't really have a doctorate in psychology, does he? Or any other degree that qualifies him to counsel people with problems? Or a brain of his own for gawdsakes.

If this is Shanahughesfordtaylorarmstrong 's go-to head doc, she's in worse trouble than I thought.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Dr. Sophy has been under some local scrutiny. Dr. Charles Sophy's dual roles are questioned - Los Angeles Times While I hope that he really does devote serious time to the foster children, he has got to understand appearing as Taylor's "date" "shrink" or "handler" on RHOBH is a serious blow to credibility. It seems like an epically fame-whore move to me. Also, no socks with loafers. I'll never get over that.

I had to re-watch the end of the episode tonight because my DVR cut out. All the weirdness (the Brandi's ex's mistress, Cedric, Paul's ex, et al) aside, why didn't someone...creepy Ken, Adrienne, Kyle, or hell, even a Bravo producer (there's got to be an insurance contract on the participants)...haul Kim off to rehab immediately? One does not regularly crawl around on the bathroom floor (unless a contact lens is dropped--I did that when I had gas perms at $100 a pop, but I don't think that's Kim's issue) and one certainly doesn't become enamored by trash left in a limo (gas perms didn't make me love trash either). The lady was wasted. She should have been re-routed to Betty Ford rather than going to Sexy Unique Restaurant. (Oh, Lisa, how you disappoint me with that name!)

I still don't know what to make of Taylor. I am certain she's a con artist, but that doesn't exclude her from also being battered by Russell. That could go either way and I'm just going to go with I wasn't there, the cameras didn't show it, so anything could be true. I was a bit bothered by the chore chart for Kennedy. It seemed so lonely for a little girl. Some things, taken alone, might be okay and productive, but reading them all together for a day's accomplishment just seemed sad. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Shana “Taylor Armstrong”… The “Reward” Chart…VIDEO | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES

Personally, I think I'm done speculating about Russell's "supposed" wife beating issues. It's possible it did or didn't happen...no one knows but Taylor and Russell...and hopefully, not Kennedy.
    We all have our opinions but it just doesn't have an end to it because we'll never know....that and whatever caused his business partner to commit suicide at the same time. I'm probably the most negative about Taylor than anyone here but all I can say is she's shown us a very deceptive and mentally unhealthy person, causing a lot of people to distrust anything she says.

Regarding Taylor's "therapist" I too thought it was odd and maybe unprofessional for him to accompany her to the opening of Lisa and Ken's new place. I'm sure he justified it to himself and others that he did it only to aid her in her apology to the "girls" and finding some kind of closure to what all has transpired....all in Taylor' best interest.

Reading the article,linked her by PhoneGrrrl, I was especially amused by this sentence: "In 2007, he took extended lunch breaks from his county job to visit Hilton in jail and meet with sheriff's officials to tell them that the Lynwood lockup was imperiling her mental health. "
    Gee, who'd have thunk it that being in jail could affect someone's mental health??!!!
    How very ridiculous. And it also makes him appear to be falling into the Fat-Head Syndrome that so many of these so-called "celebs" get after reality shows.
    And anyway, without him, Taylor may have imperiled her mental health.

I was watching recordings and missed the beginning part entirely.

Cedric--roaches are roaches; Because of their ever drama, they do not have a plan to own their actions. They only have plans to continually leach.

Brandi needs to evaluate her circles and how they affect her life.

I like that Kyle is real.

Taylor's list? Why does she not try nurturing her child? Where is she going to get the nurture from?
    You can do it!

There is no doubt that Russell beat Taylor imo. The man has prior court cases with his ex wife Barbara Armstrong and a ex-girlfriend. The normal man doesn't have 2 prior abuse claims with court doc and restraining orders to prove it. Taylor may well be a liar about other things, I don't however think she is lying about the abuse. I think Kennedy may have some sort of autism from the type of chores listed on that chart.

As far as Kim she better hope that Kyle never gives up on her. The rest of her family and kids appear to be somewhat done with her. Kim plays this passive agressive crap with Kyle and then when she has an issues she blurts it all out to her. What 40 something woman would go 3 months without finding out if she is pregnant or not. One day Kyle will say enough is enough and leave her skanky behind twisting in the wind. The filthy clothes, poor hygiene and skeevy Ken are just really repulsive to me. yuck.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

None of us have a clue as to what went on in the Armstrong household. I didn't see any bruises under Taylor's make-up but then again I wasn't physically there either. All I can say from experience is that one I left him it took every ounce of strength I had to get out of bed & brush my teeth. Then I went and laid on the couch all day. There was no way in heck I would have been able to get myself all dressed up & went to a party with my couples therapist as my date to talk to my friends. I'm sorry but no way this happens.
    IMHO these scenes were filmed well after Russell's death.
    Watched Andy's show on Monday with Kyle & Marucio; when Mauricio played the Plead The 5th game, Andy asked him which RHWBH he didn't really like, trying to not answer he filannly said Brandi. Interesting Andy said 'No fair she isn't a real housewife, she is more friend of the housewives'.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    None of us have a clue as to what went on in the Armstrong household. I didn't see any bruises under Taylor's make-up but then again I wasn't physically there either. All I can say from experience is that one I left him it took every ounce of strength I had to get out of bed & brush my teeth. Then I went and laid on the couch all day. There was no way in heck I would have been able to get myself all dressed up & went to a party with my couples therapist as my date to talk to my friends. I'm sorry but no way this happens.
    IMHO these scenes were filmed well after Russell's death.
    Watched Andy's show on Monday with Kyle & Marucio; when Mauricio played the Plead The 5th game, Andy asked him which RHWBH he didn't really like, trying to not answer he filannly said Brandi. Interesting Andy said 'No fair she isn't a real housewife, she is more friend of the housewives'.
    I feel certain this was filmed before Russell's suicide. Kim would not have been included because she went to rehab during or just after it wrapped. It would have been over the top costly to redo an entire season that was already in the can, as well. This season would have been delayed and the air date never changed.

I was a mess after my divorce too, but a friend of mine was not. It was her idea and she felt a freedom that was mixed with the sadness. She started dating soon after, as well. We are all different and because it was Taylor who desperately wanted out I am sure she felt a huge relief being free from the abuse. And I do believe she has told the truth.

I have sympathy for Taylor. Sure she is a victim and acts the part but that is exactly why she found herself in the position she did. No, she didnt leave soon enough but neither do the majority of abuse cases we hear about. People who would not put up with abuse do not end up with an abuser. Or if they do they leave very quickly.

I like all of these housewives except Kim. Addiction is covering who she really is and perhaps next season we will get to know her.

I think IIRC Kim entered rehab in December. She wasn't part of the circle of trust of the YA-YA Sisterhood moment because she was in the bathroom with her pink lip gloss.
    Never did hear whether or not she was pregnant.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I think IIRC Kim entered rehab in December. She wasn't part of the circle of trust of the YA-YA Sisterhood moment because she was in the bathroom with her pink lip gloss.
    Never did hear whether or not she was pregnant.
    I'd think at 47, doing drugs, and not eating much she probably wasn't. Of course, anything's possible - but I doubt it. Who did that once before? Oh, Ramona!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread