+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Regarding Brandi's bikini "almost" wardrobe malfunction (her bottom string being untied)....girl, here's a tip if you're interested: tie a KNOT in the bottom, then tie the bow! That's what I did in my 20's when I was able to wear little triangles like that

Also, does it drive anyone else who has a clue about anatomical terms crazy when someone says their "vagina" will show? Since it's an internal part of the anatomy, if it's showing you need to get to the hospital STAT!
    That made me laugh too. You have a serious issue if your vagina is really showing.

Are you referring to Kim's Ken or Camille's Kelsey?
    lol both if you ask me.
    jucamer likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Russell's suicide was AFTER the filming had finished. It was a few weeks before the new season was to START for Pete's sake!

Now in the preview, they're working it into the show? Was there last minute filming? I'm confused
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

What a great party concept: get dressed up, bring your psychiatrist/therapist in a limo and have a sit-down with the restaurant hostess launching her new place to discuss your divorce.

Nothing scripted here...totally normal and perfect for reality tv!

The most realistic aspect of this show was Kim being sequestered in the bathroom!
    Storm915 and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Russell's suicide was AFTER the filming had finished. It was a few weeks before the new season was to START for Pete's sake!

Now in the preview, they're working it into the show? Was there last minute filming? I'm confused
    That is definitely confusing! I thought they were supposed to edit him out but it seems quite the opposite.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    If Kim did not want to film in Hawaii then she should not have signed up for a reality show. Ken is both skeevy and fugly a bad combo.
    Easy to say. Kim is clearly messed up. Life isn't easy for her to navigate. I get it and empathize. If she weren't an addict and behaved as she does, THEN I'd have a problem with her.
    norealityhere likes this.

FORT Fan

Taylor is a really pathetic human being. It is sad that being on a pseudo-reality show and desperation to be "famous" would push a mother this far. She obviously had issues with the producers and they were ready to dump both her and her husband due to his threats about them airing claims of his physical scuffle with his wife. So, Taylor shows us just how morally bankrupt she is by her willingness to throw the father of her child under the bus, just to stay a cast-member on a partially scripted reality show. I just find her conduct really repulsive, more than any of the other pretend housewives. Very sordid.
    mom2 and Storm915 like this.

I am glad to hear on the Andy show that Kim feels better and feels like she is at a safe spot.

A lot is perception; or it's all perception.....it's so bad. It's not so bad. It's all good. It's all true depending on how we look at it. Assuming we are not around someone that genuinely wants to hurt us, we do ourselves best service by always seeing heaven, seeing that glass as all the way full(of alcohol free punch in the case of Kim).

Wedding next week. Yay.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-17-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    You can do it!

Also, does it drive anyone else who has a clue about anatomical terms crazy when someone says their "vagina" will show? Since it's an internal part of the anatomy, if it's showing you need to get to the hospital STAT!
    Thank you for saying this. It has bothered me for quite awhile..seems like I see that so often...why don't people know the names of body parts?!!
    A woman can be buck naked, bent over and no one would see that part, for gosh sakes!

Quote Originally Posted by "nervousing" View Post
    Taylor is a really pathetic human being. It is sad that being on a pseudo-reality show and desperation to be "famous" would push a mother this far. She obviously had issues with the producers and they were ready to dump both her and her husband due to his threats about them airing claims of his physical scuffle with his wife. So, Taylor shows us just how morally bankrupt she is by her willingness to throw the father of her child under the bus, just to stay a cast-member on a partially scripted reality show. I just find her conduct really repulsive, more than any of the other pretend housewives. Very sordid.
    I know I'm on record for not liking or believing ANYTHING Taylor says but tonight's episode only made my impression even more firm. The woman needs help always wanting to be a "victim", always wanting everyone to care about her and to me, she would do or say anything to achieve that, even lying about her husband.

Given the fact that his past wife/girlfriends have restraining orders on him, it's very possible he was abusive and dangerous. How abusive, we don't know nor will we ever, for sure. It's entirely possible that he had anger issues that caused these women to be afraid of the possibility of him losing it and becoming violent...a restraining order does not prove that he ever actually hit/physically abused them, including Taylor.

And I also know that it's possible to create a black eye with makeup (once my girlfriend and I did it for a joke on someone). That's what they do on tv and movies. I could hardly see her black eye but what I could discern was a tiny bit of a darkened area under her eye. She stated that's what she had been dealing with for the past couple weeks. First of all, in a couple weeks, it should be gone (I've had a real one once) and secondly, after a couple weeks, it would have looked more green/yellow rather than black/blue.
    It would not surprise me if she faked it. It's what a Taylor person would be likely to do.
    Gosh, I'm really negative about this woman but it's only because of what she, herself, has shown to us.
    I prefer strong women (and men) to people who revel in their victim-ness to get attention from others.
    Storm915 and norealityhere like this.

FORT Fogey

Dang. I missed tonight's show - and almost all of Andy's shows now that it is on nightly (overkill iMO).

Anyhoo....Kim may be an addict, but Taylor is a nut job. Whereas I sympathize with Kim, for some reason, I find it impossible to do the same for Taylor even though Taylor is just as much in need of help as Kim...and of a deep, deep kind. Kim is still human. She feels, she cares. Taylor is an automan...devoid of empathy and authenticity. I can't feel or her because I don't believe she feels herself. Not to sound crass, but it's like trying to feel empathy for a rock.

I think its because I can't forget how horrible she was last season. She really was focused on herself and inching her way ahead and into peoples' lives at the expense of others. While it was clearly a desperate attempt at finding security, the fact that she did it at the expense of others (Kim) is what bothered me so.

I haven't seen the black eye episode - much less remaining episodes - in which all this plays out, but as of now, my belief is that given Russell's track record for aggression, it is short-sided to think he'd have all his problems worked out and was somehow kinder to Taylor than his previous wives/girlfriends. On the flip side, everyone who knows Russell - including his past relationships! - have expressed distrust in Taylor and that her motives for being with Russell weren't based in "love". I'm going with the majority on both counts. Russell probably was aggressive but Taylor was not prize. Fine. Takes two to tango and I'd call them even-Steven at this point.

Regarding physical abuse....I've been distrusting of Taylor on the matter all along. My pendulum is swinging though. It's clear Russell and Taylor had a tough go of things - both in life and their marriage during filming. In fact, it is a big difference from last season. Taylor was all about taking down Kim to wiggle her way in to Kyle's affections. This season, she was only focused on her own situation. Then, the suicide.

From last season to this, things changed. Big time. Something happened that changed both Taylor and Russell.

What we know is that Russell's character was called into question on national TV for both his business dealings and physical abuse. Is one without the other enough to drive a person to suicide? Without knowing with certainty, I can only speculate. As such, I see this as the defining question. I need to piece the timing for all this together another night when more rested, but one doesn't take their own life unless feeling absolutely hopeless. My immediate thought is that the shady business dealings weren't enough to push Russell that far, but that coupled with the exposure of abuse on national television, it was too much for Russell to endure. In fact, if it were only the business dealings and Taylor called the marriage off, Russell could have drive off into the sunset without looking back and gotten through it all. The embarrassment of abuse is what tipped the scale to suicide. From my arm-chair-psychologist perspective, this makes the most sense to me.

Even if it was a single instance, the exposure would be humiliating and detrimentally life-altering enough to make a person go there - whereas shady business dealings would not.

Having said all this, Russell's business partner committed suicide as well - prior to Russell's own. So, who knows. We'll only hear Taylor's side of the story, and as Adrienne always says, there are 3 sides to every story....

+ Reply to Thread