+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2981Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I agree! They should all go off together and leave the sister's grimm to battle it out alone!
    "sisters grimm" too funny!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Why wasn't Dana there in Hawaii? Wasn't she the one that awkwardly suggested that at the horrible game party?
    I'm not a fan of Dana, so in an evil way I found it ironic and funny, that the very first day she met Kyle, she kept pushing and pushing on basically a stranger/new acquaintance that they all go to Hawaii together, even before Game Night, I think she mentioned it at Adrienne's swim party, but I may be recalling incorrectly. And when the trip finally did materialize, everyone *BUT* her was invited.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I'm past thinking Kyle would have a good motivation like wanting Kim to be helped. I've come around to thinking she's too focused on herself to have concerns like that. My guess is that the appeal of having Kim on the show in the beginning for Kyle was that the two of them would stand out as "stars" of the cast because they were sisters. As Kim's behavior has been stranger and more eratic, I think Kyle has started to panic that SHE was being associated with that behavior as well. So now she's pulling away, and being overly dramatic in letting people know she doesn't approve, in order to make sure that she's still a center of attention and looking good. I think the only woman in the cast who is comfortable and content if the focus of the room is not on her is Adrienne.
    Kyle seems as though she is not comfortable unless she is in control and the center of attention. It never became more clear than when they first got to the resort and Brandi was letting loose and having fun. Kyle looked soo visibly uncomfortable, like girl... you don't know how to let your hair loose and have fun?? Right. Unless of course it was her starting the "fun". She just can't follow anyone's lead. Brandi was just so self-unaware, glowing, confident and enjoying herself, it seemed to physically upset Kyle, her discomfort was screaming from the screen. Why does someone else's fun in her own party disturb her so much? Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    ...Kyle seems as though she is not comfortable unless she is in control and the center of attention. It never became more clear than when they first got to the resort and Brandi was letting loose and having fun. Kyle looked soo visibly uncomfortable, like girl... you don't know how to let your hair loose and have fun?? Right. Unless of course it was her starting the "fun". She just can't follow anyone's lead. Brandi was just so self-unaware, glowing, confident and enjoying herself, it seemed to physically upset Kyle, her discomfort was screaming from the screen. Why does someone else's fun in her own party disturb her so much? Strange.
    What you say is so true. Kyle dancing and swirling her hair (or slinging it). Kyle doing splits in a gown with heels on a table at Pandora's engagement party. Kyle grabbing her favorite style belly dancing skirt "with bells" and doing splits. Attention whore. And Brandi is everything Kyle would like to be - physically at least. Perhaps that's why she was so down on Brandi from the get go.

A while back, someone mentioned that Kyle might have resented being in Kim's shadow as a child. Kim was an extremely cute, successful child star - Nanny and the Professor, Witch Mountain, etc. Kyle was in - what - the movie Halloween? She had her nose done as a teen, but I still don't remember Kyle in anything else. Kim obviously received the lion's share of attention growing up. Actually, until this show, I'd never heard of Kyle. Makes me think Kyle's desire to control Kim isn't so innocent... especially seeing her on this show. The scene last season in the limo when Kyle basically attacked Kim when she was down. This Hawaii trip - both dinners - when she hounded and hounded her.

I don't know, it just smells bad to me.
    Last edited by SugarMama; 01-10-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Starbucks880 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I still don't know what I believe about whether or not Russell ever physically abused Taylor, but something that stands out to me is this: does it not seem rather a pointed thing to do to commit suicide in the house he used to live in with his wife and daughter? Strange choice if you ask me. Maybe that was Russell's final statement to Taylor, and possibly Bravo itself. If she had kicked him out during the season and he hadn't taken his own life yet, why go back to that house to do it? Very sad to think that was the only way he felt he could escape. I don't like Taylor much.

That said, I like Brandi even less and she almost makes me not want to watch the show. The thing I like about this show is that the women really are wealthy, not pretend wealthy like so many of the other HW shows' "stars". They stand out in ways that are sort of hard to explain. Brandi doesn't fit in. Neither does Dana. That dress Brandi wore at the dinner at the end of this last episode was ridiculous. If she had taken a big step you could have seen her privates exposed. Why not just wear a top with no jeans? She's too skinny too. Way too thin, she certainly has a modelesque body. I find her far too much of a guy's kind of girl and not a girl's girl. I don't like her at all. She came across as quite a know it all about Kim having a drug problem. Kim admitted to being on prescription meds to Paul before a procedure, and those drugs could be causing her alot of drowsiness and so on, making it hard for her to wake when she wants to. Brandi thinks she knows everything, and was way too quick to chime in on the topic. Knowing how she feels about Kim, why didn't she just keep her mouth shut? Kim is something of a wreck and I think she has been unfair to Brandi, but for some reason Brandi just ruins the show for me. I hope they don't have her on much.

Kyle has a problem. She seems to need to fight. She wanted to start something with Kim, and I don't blame Kim for not wanting to stick around for the drama. Kyle should talk to Kim alone about her chronic lateness. I don't think that her having a possible addiction problem needed to be discussed at that dinner, and I'm glad it didn't go that far.

Ken is creepy (Kim's Ken, not Lisa's) and seems controlling. I don't like those two as a couple at all.

I'm disappointed that Lisa likes Brandi, but I think she might just be saying that because she doesn't want to be perceived as being jealous.

It's weird, I know, but I would almost rather watch horrible Taylor than classless Brandi. Maybe they're more alike than I think.
    Last edited by lilymax; 01-10-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Ummmm, lily, check your facts. Russell did not commit suicide in his house, it was in a friends house he was staying at.
    Interesting that you like Kim and not Brandi, if it's pretending to be wealthy that upsets you. How do you feel about Kim if the rumor is true that she is basically homeless and has been sleeping on friends couches. Of course she is now in rehab for serious addiction problems.

Actually Kim is now out of rehab...as of today anyway! I'll take Brandi ANYDAY over Dana. I absolutely cannot stomach that woman. Total wannabe.
    mom2 and AmyKay like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I like Brandi. She's got a sense of humor and who cares if she uses a little foul language and wears butt floss bikini's. If I had her body I'd wear em too. I think hanging out with Brandi would be fun. She's more like the girlfriends I have now albeit younger and skinnier. I don't think I would be comfortable with the others. Too snooty for me.
    I didn't like Brandi at first, but she has grown on me. She doesn't have a stick up her ass like the others, which makes her more appealing. I would be most comfortable with her, Lisa, and Adrienne and perhaps Kim if she got off the drugs and became halfway normal. If I had her body I would want to flaunt it too. I wish she had left her face alone, but oh well, no one is perfect. She also will admit that she is wasted and doesn't make up excuses. I am glad they picked Brandi and not Dana to come. Dana is too much of a wannabe and always bragging about some idiotic purchase.

I would have been mad at Kim for being so late as well, but to me hounding her and Ken constantly and bringing it up at the dinner table and every chance she could get was out of line. Why not bring it up privately and let the rest enjoy their time without any of their screwed up family drama? Something is up with Ken. I think he is doing drugs with Kim. I still am thinking more drug dealer than boyfriend. I wonder if the paranoia about other people talking about him is a symptom of drug use.

I can't stand Brandi aka (Hoof n mouth disorder) I don't find her body to be hot just the opposite. She is scary skinny she has no butt and when I can see your ribs moving in your body when you breathe you have issues. My fiance said he leaves the bones for dogs,lol. A hot body imo is one with some curves see Beyonce for example.

As for Kyle I think she has had to put up with alot from Kim. I understand her kids left her and that says alot about anyone other than Kyle wanting to deal with her in the family. Kim is Lucky she has Kyle because I would have told her to get the steppin if she can't get her act together. Kim wants Kyle to stay out of her life but as soon as something goes wrong she will come crying and ranting to Kyle. I would tell her to take a Hike. My mom used to say even "iron wears out" I think Kyle is at the end of her rope with Kim. I say cut ties and let her sink to the bottom like pond scum deserves.

I love Lisa she is funny. I laughed so hard when she got her tush stuck on the balcony of the hotel.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

So by doinng some research it appears that Russell Armstrong has 2 prior abuse charges one with his ex wife, Barbara and one with and ex girlfriend both with restraining orders against him. So Taylor's abuse charges not so crazy.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think Kyle and Kim have this co-dependent relationship that will remain the same for the rest of their years. Probably started long ago and that's just how they live their lives. I don't think Kyle can stop the way she acts with her sister and Kim will never change her wacky ways.
    I haven't finished this episode yet so all I can comment on is what I've seen and that ended with Kim and yucky Ken eating shrimp because they "missed the boat" in more ways than one.
    Kyle looked pathetic at the first dinner, egging on Kim and her tardiness...did she really think Kim would change her ways since she's ALWAYS late?? And Mauricio acted like a "girl" hounding Kim and Ken about their lateness...men don't do that.
    In another day and age, Kyle would be the old busybody lady who has to point out anything that doesn't go the way she decides everything should go.
    For once, Kim chose the right way to handle the situation, even if she did make up the excuse about Ken working. Everyone can tell when someone just makes up an excuse and you just pretend to go along with it because otherwise, what's the point during a social situation. All the people there could see right thru Kim's excuse and were ready to just leave it because they realize Kim will always be late and scatterbrained. But not Kyle...no, siree...she has to always play mom to Kim. Give it up already, Kyle because it's rude to make everyone else uncomfortable. She needs to realize that Kim will do whatever she wants to do, whether Kyle likes it or not.

As for being late for the boat ride, I think that Kim and Ken were doing something (drinking, druging??) the night before to cause them to sleep until awakened at 11 AM, even with the time difference in Hawaii.

As for Brandi, she's too skinny for my taste but nevertheless, she looks good in a bikini and she knows it. What I don't like is her need to fawn over every man in her vicinity, including husbands and captains of boats. I just think that's her MO and it'll never change. Wonder who this guy is that she just married in Vegas the other day.

And wow, what a change in Camille! You'd hardly know she was on the show, she's so quiet. But it hasn't changed my mind about her...I still remember her mean ways last season and I don't care for her hypocrisy about pretending to be a refined lady, given her past nude, raunchy photos and movies.
    I could go on and on about these women but I've babbled enough, I think.
    Lizard and SugarMama like this.

+ Reply to Thread