+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 503 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by mkt1964;4103626;
    This is my take on the feud between Kyle and Camille. I do think that Kyle is guilty of the insecurity comment (we witnessed it), really who likes to be callled insecure? But I think Camille really took offense to it because it's true, she really is insecure. My question is why do women try to bring each other down instead of trying to make them feel better about themselves?
    My thoughts exactly. Kyle isn't exactly innocent. She does have a subtle way of making digs (with Camille, her sister, and in general) ... although I believe they are completely uninentional and not meant to be mean spirited.

My arm-chair psychology analysis - Camille and Kim are jealous of each other. I'm guessing they are pretty close in age relative to the other housewives and each has things the other wants. Taylor is probably in the same age range, but I don't think she brings anything to the table that either Kyle or Camille want.

Kyle has a loving and attentive husband, great friends and family. Plus, she is authentic - not a Hollywood phoney. In otherwords, Kyle has everything Camille does not.

Camille has wealth, fame, and sex appeal (in a Playboy kind of way). I don't think Kyle aspires to these things, but I do think she is a bit intimidated by them where Camille is concerned.

Kyle does seem to care about image and status. While she seems VERY happy with what she has, it's not as much as what her friends have, and I think it eats at her a bit. It's more palatable when women who have more are older, but with Camille, it's direct competition.

------

Reg. the fight....Kyle's attempt at resolving the dispute in NYC was unfortunate. Calling Camille insecure (which is basically what she did) was neither smart nor appropriate. I believe her intentions were pure and her analysis of Camille spot on, but she should have chosen her words more thoughtfully.

Camille, on the other hand, responded in a very immature way that demonstrates the same insecurity Kyle was referring to.

While we weren't witness to the original spat, I'm guessing the very same thing happened. Kyle probably said something inppropriate (but not meant to be mean-spirited) and Camille's insecurities blew it out of proportion.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-12-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4103656;
    Excuse me, Camille but one of the main reasons people are shy is because they are insecure. I know because I used to be painfully shy and it was completely based on being insecure. I think it just hit too close to home for Camille and I also think that Kyle took some delight in using that word.
    Yeah I dont like Camille, but I have to defend shy people. I am naturally very shy. But I am not insecure. I am very confident in myself and I like myself just fine. But I am shy. Now when I work I am very outgoing because that is my professional side....but once my uniform comes off, so does the outgoingness, for lack of better word. I am very comfortable in my own little world, I dont feel the need to be gregarious when I am not being paid for it, lol.

I too couldn't believe how quickly Camille turned that conversation around with her mother. Her mom seems like a sweet lady going through a tough time. Too bad Camille can only think of herself.

As for the fight with Kyle... Kyle was spot on in her assessment of Camille however I think she took it too far as did Camille. Neither one of them could let it go and each wanted the last word. High school crap if you ask me.

Lisa as usual was the fun one last night. I love her little jokes. She obviously doesn't take life too seriously.

Jexter: If Camille has the "Playboy" kind of sex appeal, men would really be buying it for the articles!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4103656;
    Yikes!! I wear white eyeshadow and thought it looked good (on me). Didn't notice Camille wears it also. Maybe I should take another look in the mirror tomorrow?

I couldn't believe Camille on tonight's episode. There's very little to like about the woman but tonight she took it to a whole other level. She was talking to her mother (what a sweet looking, attractive woman!) and her mother's cancer. In no time at all, Camille had taken the whole conversation around to "poor her" having tested postive for that cancer gene......How she's still trying to recuperate from just the testing of that, to having too much to do, (how tiring it must be to travel to Hawaii!- those private jets are just no fun at all), etc etc. Poor, poor Camille.
    And there's her poor mother....dealing with whatever treatment she's going thru, just hoping to get a cure and live!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I'm surprised Kelsey lasted 13 years with this woman. I'm sure he's no prize either but I just can't stand her. Anyone with half a brain could tell from day one how insecure she is when she keeps talking about being someone besides Kelsey's wife.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who watched this in amazement.
    What really shocked me, for some reason, was how nice her Mom looked. She keeps her hair a darker blonde which seems to better complement the skin tones. And, she had beautiful blue eyes. She also didn't seem to pile on the makeup like Cami did. The scene of Cami and the kids with Kelsey in the apartment did make her look better. It was obvious she didn't have on her usual heavy makeup in that scene.
    She looked a lot better and less cross eyed.
    And what was up with how difficult it's going to be to live in 3,500 sq. feet.
    Between those comments and the "me, me, me" about the cancer gene SHE has - this woman is just totally vapid and delusional.
    As far as the spat between she and Kyle, I do think that Kyle could have made her point in a less antagonistic manner. However, it's obvious that Cami has got major issues and blew the whole thing way out of proportion in the first place.
    I watched WWHL and Andy brought Lisa on via Skype. It seems they had a poll on the last show for which housewife would you like for your mother. Kyle had won that. Andy reported, however, that they'd miscounted and it was actually Lisa who won the poll.
    Lisa had Jiggy on with her and he was dressed like he was in Brokeback Mountain. It was way too funny, for sure.
    I think Lisa's my favorite. I like her relationship with her husband, her kids and everyone else. She can be over the top at times, but I think she's pretty grounded, or at least as grounded as a Housewife can be.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4103912;
    My thoughts exactly. Kyle isn't exactly innocent. She does have a subtle way of making digs (with Camille, her sister, and in general) ... although I believe they are completely unintentional and not meant to be mean spirited.

------

Reg. the fight....Kyle's attempt at resolving the dispute in NYC was unfortunate. Calling Camille insecure (which is basically what she did) was neither smart nor appropriate. I believe her intentions were pure and her analysis of Camille spot on, but she should have chosen her words more thoughtfully.

Camille, on the other hand, responded in a very immature way that demonstrates the same insecurity Kyle was referring to.

While we weren't witness to the original spat, I'm guessing the very same thing happened. Kyle probably said something inppropriate (but not meant to be mean-spirited) and Camille's insecurities blew it out of proportion.
    I agree with most of what you said here, except I wouldn't say that the insecure comment was not meant to be mean-spirited. As a middle-aged woman I know that calling someone insecure who was not seeking advice or an opinion from me won't get positive results, unless the person was easily intimidated. The person I called insecure would either laugh at me, ignore me or blow up in my face. Kyle does know this in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if playing the "insecure" card with her sister is effective against her.

I like Kyle in general, but she has been shown in the middle of more blow-ups than anyone else to date.

I agree with everything negative everyone has said about Camille. She always has to make every situation about her. I think she would be a good actress. When Adrienne called her about her uncle dying, Camille was all sad faced and symphathetic and the second she got off the phone she was back to 'it's all about me, I am so all that' with her dinner guests. What a phoney!

FORT Fanatic

Count me among those shocked by the way Camille turned the conversation from her mother's illness to just how difficult it was for HER with her house managers, multiple homes, four nannies, etc. Poor baby.

I guess if your 'main' estate in Malibu is 17 ACRES, a 3 BR place in New York would seem crowded, but I have trouble getting too upset about that.

Wonder how long she actually lived there full-time with the children before the split was announced? Maybe she never actually moved in for an extended period. All we've seen so far is the friends visiting for a weekend.

camille is just annoying and over-analyzing the conversation between her and kyle. it's just assumed, at least to me, that if someone is shy then they are insecure about something. they may just be insecure about how they interact with others, which is why they're shy. i don't think kyle meant anything by saying that, so camille is overreacting in my opinion.

plus i am biased because i think kyle is the bomb and camille is a whiny, spoiled, entitled princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4103912;
    Kyle has a loving and attentive husband, great friends and family. Plus, she is authentic - not a Hollywood phoney. In otherwords, Kyle has everything Camille does not.

Camille has wealth, fame, and sex appeal (in a Playboy kind of way). I don't think Kyle aspires to these things, but I do think she is a bit intimidated by them where Camille is concerned.

Kyle does seem to care about image and status. While she seems VERY happy with what she has, it's not as much as what her friends have, and I think it eats at her a bit. It's more palatable when women who have more are older, but with Camille, it's direct competition.
    I think you hit the nail on the head regarding Kyle. I think maybe some of her irritation with her sister, Kim, might have started when they were younger and Kim was becoming more famous than Kyle. Maybe Kyle really didn't want to be as famous but it could have been a thorn to have your sister getting so much attention. I think the same thing applies to image and status of her other friends. She may realize that she has a wonderful life but when you hang around with people who have sooooo much more than you do, material-wise, it can get to you almost without realizing it. I once lived in a very prestigious town and even though I knew that pots and pots of money doesn't make you happy, it does affect you because there's always someone with much more $, toys, and other material things. I was very happy to move out of that town!

+ Reply to Thread