+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2995Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    You ask why a woman stays or why she would confide in a casual friend rather than to family & close friends.

I can only state my case. I stood because I had 2 small children. I stopped working, ay his request, to be a SAHM. I stood because I had 2 small kids & zero income. He would get visitations & he drank...ALOT. Would any of you trust your babies to a drunk? You hope & pray things get better & he stops drinking. If you confide in family & close friends you will forever taint their view of him. If the situation does improve, he changes the relationship with your family and friends will never be the same. Telling someone not that close to you helps you get it off your chest. My EX did close off any relationship I had with my female friends.

My now 30 year old son can describe in detail the day he began hating his father and he was just 5 at the time. He moved in with my parents when he was 13 to get away from his father. He told me straight out he was afraid of what he might do to him. My son and I never lost our relationship. Towards the end of my marriage, after a broken ankle & me finding out about his affair with the wife of a couple we were friends with, my 2 sons took me to task & said you either leave him now or we are both gone; you choose us or him. My kids came first & they gave me the strength to leave & start my life over after 25 years. I slowly got back in touch with my friends & together they helped me deal with life. My family, other than my Mom, stood on the sidelines & basically never had my back. My brothers, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins did nothing to help, support or defend me. It took ALOT of years of therapy for me to forgive them & allow them a limited part of my life but I won't ever forget. THAT IS WHY WOMEN DON'T CONFIDE IN FAMILY & FRIENDS.

He has forever changed who I am & I do have trouble allowing many people to get close.

Oh gosh, Bunny, I just read 'back' I am so so so sorry. And as others have said, I am so glad you found the courage with the help of your sons, to get OUT.
    KAREN

Like I said, it is very possible Taylor was physically abused....I can't say she wasn't. I just say, having watched her behavior about a lot of things, I doubt just about anything she says.
    I can definitely understand why a woman could stay with an abusive husband. That's not what I question. When a person continuously exaggerates, is evasive about things or, out and out, tells lies, how can you believe what they say?
    And yes, to me, she should offer proof, if she accuses someone of such horrendous behavior. That's a horrible thing to say about someone if it's not true...so why shouldn't she prove it? To me, it's similar to a woman accusing a man of rape, or paternity, without proving it.

She seems perfectly capable of accusing an innocent dead man, destroying his name forever for her own advantage...but who's to say now...especially without her proving it? Russell sure can't and we'll never know the truth.
    I'm just expressing my own opinion.

This new episode:

Lisa says she's tried to not like Brandi, but she finds her funny Yessssss, Lisa! I knew it
    AmyKay and jenniferboston1 like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Sorry Taylor...STILL not buying it. So many booo-hooo tears turned off and on on queue.
    mom2 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Granted, Kim is a wreck seven ways from Sunday (and really apparently needs the rehab she's in now) but Kyle is a crap-stirrer, and so is Mauricio. Kim & Ken were in the wrong for being so late and offering shifting excuses, but if Kyle was really the "adult" she'd let it go, at least until the Mauricio birthday vacation was over. Lisa was right about it. And weirdly, so was Brandi. I'm kind of wanting the next season of BH to be Brandy and Lisa just hanging out, cracking inappropriate jokes with a guest appearance now and then from Adrienne and Paul. Heck, even my utterly cynical, non-romantic self kinda loved seeing Adrienne & Paul exploring the rocks of Hawaii. Though I'm with Adrienne...no matter how pretty the view was, I'd be bored inside of 10 minutes. Adult onset ADD is apparently me.

I'm sorry but Kim would never be invited anywhere by me. She keeps people waiting at the airport, in the van for the trip on the catamaran and she was caught in a lie. Kyle stirred nothing Kim stepped into it by her strange behavior and non caring of the people she kept waiting and all the time they wasting on her ignorant behind. I feel for Kyle and she needs to cut Kim loose and let her fair common.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kim is self centered and rude about her lateness...no one would invite her to join them for anything, except for the fact that there are tv contracts to comply with.
    Prism and jenniferboston1 like this.

there was something odd with Taylor's eye. she hid it with her hair and next time it seems she does indeed have a black eye. I'm sure people will say she some how did it to herself. smh.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I like Brandi better, but I think she thinks sexuality is going to be her next meal ticket. I would not like it if she said myhusband and I do it with other dudes and chicks if my husband had just said I was the most beautiful woman in the world. How does being in the best place in the world equal being in the worst place in the world? It does not. Words are telling.

Kim cannot separate herself from alcohol and all that comes with it. We like seeing her just as much as we like seeing anyone else self destruct. We do not.

Lisa does know how to enjoy life. We all need to embrace our Lisa's (proper doses of everything).

I guess it was Kyle bonding with Mauricio... And this was a semi work dinner. They probably do not do that at normal dinners. Mauricio must clean the money house with allthe BH tv exposure.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

As wrong as I think Kim was in everything she did in Hawaii, and with how rude she was constantly being late, if I had to choose a side like Watch What Happens Live often asks, I'd have to side with Kim over Kyle. Kyle's insistence on battling out every offense ... while at the same time forcing every one of her guests to live it out with her ... was more offensive to me than Kim's self-centered tardiness. Kyle kept talking about leaving Kim behind on the bus. She should have. There was no reason to make everyone wait. Same thing with the dinners. She was smart to seat Kim and Ken at the other end of the table the second night. She should have just enjoyed the fact that there were so many people between them and moved on. When she insisted on battling it out with Kim - two nights in a row - at the dinner table, she forced everyone else into the drama. That was more rude in my book than going on a vacation with a group, but failing to participate in any group activities.
    mom2, Prism and norealityhere like this.

+ Reply to Thread