+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3128Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Did anyone catch the "preview" 10 minutes last night for the next episode? I will spoiler tag it since it hasnt officially aired as an episode yet
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kim finally arrives (and in the room right next to Kyle!), but tells everyone the reason they were late was because Ken had to work. This kind of backfires since they have told everyone he is retired, and Mauricio keeps asking questions about it. In a one on one Kim said she said he was working in order not to get into the whole passport/liscence thing. Kyle gets LIVID, and I dont blame her. Cant wait to see the rest of the episode!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm willing to go on record here, being in the minority and say that I still have no reason to believe that Taylor was physically abused. I know that "abuse" has many variations to it's meaning nowdays from shoving to beating. So far, I've seen nothing that proves her accusations to be true. Yes, I saw the picture of her bruised face (I think that was what I saw) but who's to say how that occurred? Because I don't trust anything she says, starting with that ambiguous situation where she spoke at some abuse group....she never came out and admitted who was abused...her? her mother?...the very fact that she skirted the issue made me suspicious. Then I take everything else she does/says and find it all preposterous. Maybe he did hit her. I don't know but she sure hasn't behaved like someone who speaks the truth. She always very evasive. Then we hear the stories about her and Russell's supposed scams...then we have someone who's name changes a lot.
    Is she from Texas? I thought she stated she'd "take some Oklahoma out on you" (or something like that).
    I think she says whatever she thinks will get her the most attention, screen time, money, publicity, etc.
    Why would anyone believe what she says..or doesn't say, whatever the case may be.
    The story of Russell's threatening emails start to paint a picture to me of a man who was spiraling downward, whether because of negative financial affairs, intimations of spouse abuse, marital problems, so-called friends' retreating and Bravo eliminating him and Taylor from the show. And let's not forget the odd fact that his good friend/business partner committed suicide the day after Russell did. Not a normal occurance.
    I may sound cruel and unkind here but these are my honest thoughts.
    I don't think you sound cruel at all - just stating the facts and your opinions about them. There is a major stinky smell eminating from this whole Taylor/Russell situation, and there surely is a whole lot more to it than meets the eye.

I agree that there's no evidence she was abused by Russell and Taylor seems very much to be the type to say whatever it takes to bring attention and sympathy towards her, and I don't put any stock in anything she says about anything. Her name is fake, her lips are fake, I'm sure her boobs are fake...I think Bravo should cut its losses and raise the Housewives bar by dumping Taylor.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm willing to go on record here, being in the minority and say that I still have no reason to believe that Taylor was physically abused. I know that "abuse" has many variations to it's meaning nowdays from shoving to beating. So far, I've seen nothing that proves her accusations to be true. Yes, I saw the picture of her bruised face (I think that was what I saw) but who's to say how that occurred? Because I don't trust anything she says, starting with that ambiguous situation where she spoke at some abuse group....she never came out and admitted who was abused...her? her mother?...the very fact that she skirted the issue made me suspicious. Then I take everything else she does/says and find it all preposterous. Maybe he did hit her. I don't know but she sure hasn't behaved like someone who speaks the truth. She always very evasive. Then we hear the stories about her and Russell's supposed scams...then we have someone who's name changes a lot.
    Is she from Texas? I thought she stated she'd "take some Oklahoma out on you" (or something like that).
    I think she says whatever she thinks will get her the most attention, screen time, money, publicity, etc.
    Why would anyone believe what she says..or doesn't say, whatever the case may be.
    The story of Russell's threatening emails start to paint a picture to me of a man who was spiraling downward, whether because of negative financial affairs, intimations of spouse abuse, marital problems, so-called friends' retreating and Bravo eliminating him and Taylor from the show. And let's not forget the odd fact that his good friend/business partner committed suicide the day after Russell did. Not a normal occurance.
    I may sound cruel and unkind here but these are my honest thoughts.
    I was reading the cast's latest blogs on Bravo and every one of them (with the exception of Dana) stated that they were unsure whether to believe Taylor's claims of abuse. The only people who know the truth are Taylor and Russell but if people you associate w/on a regular basis would find reason to not believe such a serious accusation......there's something definitely wrong.

On a lighter and more embarassing note, I just spent the last several minutes on the Bravo site looking at Giggy's glamour shots. When your child walks into the room and asks why you're looking at pictures of a dog in a cowboy hat there's no right answer.
    CYA

Some abuse is difficult to see. My EX was verbally, emotionally & physically abusive. No one, except for my sons, knew. I knew better than to say anything. Sure I could have left him but,show of hands, would want to risk the saftey of your children during vistiations with an abusive alcholic? The black & blue marks were always in locations where my clothes would cover. The broken ankle couldn't be explained away.
    Who, of any of these women, saw Taylor when her jaw was broken? IIRC broken jaws have to be wired shut for 5-6 weeks. Who saw that? We all saw photos of a black eye that Taylor said she received from Kennedy. (my oldest son gave me a black eye when he kicked a soccer ball & I missed) That was plastered all over the place. Wouldn't you take photos & have medical records of a broken jaw?
    This woman is as phoney as a $4 bill.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't believe one word out of that fugly woman's mouth. She makes up so many stories she can't keep up with them. And when she's called on them, she cries and portrays her victimization phony baloney. She is ugly inside and out. I hope she's not on next season
    I so agree with you.........................sh e is such a user.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

FORT Fan

Taylor is my least favorite housewife, but in his own words Russell admits to laying his hands on his wife. He just doesn't think that it is a big deal.

From People:
    Russell, 47, denies there was any hair pulling but says, "Did I push her? Yes, maybe things happened in the heat of the moment, but it was during a time in our lives that was not characteristic of who we were. This show has literally pushed us to the limit."

Taylor Armstrong of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Calls Marriage Abusive : People.com

I think that Taylor's experience is fairly typical of abusive relationships and why it is so hard to get out. People have in their head what abuse is supposed to look like. Years ago Oprah did a show were a "stranger" was able to lure children away from a park, despite the fact that the children had been coached to stay away from "strangers". When one of the children was asked why she said that he wasn't a stranger. In her eyes he was a nice man asking for help finding a puppy. It's the same with abusive people. They are not abusive 24/7 and in the down times can be quite charming and loving. It does make it very confusing to outsiders.

I am not that bold to say she was not abused. People are under the impression because she doesn't show any outward signs that it never happened. Thats not true. Alot of men are deliberate in their abuse they make sure not to hit and leave marks visible to people. I know for a fact from a friend who never had any marks that I could see,until she had to go for some tests and disrobed to reveal a battered and bruised ribs,chest etc. My dislike for Taylor will not make me disavow her claims of abuse until proven that she is lying about it.
    Rockytop Chick likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    That was plastered all over the place. Wouldn't you take photos & have medical records of a broken jaw?
    This woman is as phoney as a $4 bill.
    Well said.

I'm not saying she is lying about abuse. Yes the pushing, shoving, pinches, name calling all do become your "normal". A broken jaw....there I'm am just not sure. There are pictures of a black eye but not a broken jaw. That makes me go hmmmm. She headed a group to help women get out of abusive relationships yet she did not avail herself of those exact same resources. That makes me go hmmmm. She has very wealthy, influential friends who had offered her help & a place today but she didn't take them up on their offer. That makes me go hmmm.

I got out without a penny to my name and the clothes on my back.

I just don't buy the whole grieving widow that was so distraught that she had to be carried from the man she was divorcing funeral. The man she was divorcing to stay on a reality TV show. hmmmmm

I also wonder how many of those scenes were retaped AFTER Russell died.

Sorry but if my EX passed away today I would probably open up a bottle of champagne. I know that sounds cruel but honestly I just don't care.
    Moontat likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Help me out - Taylor didn't know any of these women before starting the Housewives show, correct? The last episode, Lisa said something to the effect that Taylor's telling her about Russell the first day they met was what formed her negative opinion of him. I've never been in an abusive relationship, but it seems to me that you wouldn't start talking about it with women you barely knew while starting up a television reality show. All of the housewives (at the spa day and beyond) have indicated that they either don't believe Taylor or don't know what to believe. It isn't as if they're all good old friends.

Why, if Taylor's abuse charge is true, would she be telling these women about it, women she didn't know that well and all of them being potentially filmed? I'd always been under the impression that women who were abused went to great lengths to NOT talk about it.

And another opinion of mine - IF Taylor was abused by Russell, she's no shrinking violet. I wonder if she ever opened up some Oklahoma on HIS ass.

As the world turns....
    Moontat likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread