+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2924Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Of course the girls have to get tangled in every dramatic moment but I was surprized to see the husbands all leaning into the limo adding their 2 cents. Very odd and out of character. The threat of a suit is utter nonsense and we don't even know what Russell wrote. We only know Camille's repeating of it.

This is between Camille and Russell and is no one elses business.
    I thought that at first, or at least why was everyone else so riled by this? But then I thought that 1) Russell (as described by Taylor - and I believe her) is physically abusive, emotionally abusive and controlling, 2) He had already threatened a lawsuit against Lisa because he assumed she was a leak on a stupid story in the press about Russell and Taylor breaking up, 3) his threat against Camille was a way to bully her to recant her story, 4) who was going to be next, and 5) the other ladies being put into an awkward position because Taylor was admitting what was going on one minute, then minimizing the next. Adrienne, Lisa and Kyle had all by this point admitted on camera that what Camille said was true. Taylor scapegoated Camille for it all. Even though the lawsuit probably would have been dismissed (hello - 4 pillars of society all saying that they were accurately repeating what Taylor told them) it is still a waste of money and time, and I'm sure they didn't want to be dragged through the tabloids for this.

I actually like that the husbands were out there standing by their wives in this situation. Both Mauricio and Paul seemed to remain calm and state the facts to Russell. I also like how Adrienne summed up the situation when she said (I'm paraphrasing here) that Taylor, by confessing, had embroiled them all in the situation, and had now exited the fray and acting like nothing was due to her.

I agree. I think Kyle put on quite a production.... and I'm not talking about the party. Why did she keep trying to rub away tears under her eyes that were never even there (while she was sitting in the limo talking to Taylor and her husband)? Yes, her eyes got slightly teary, but alas, they could not produce any tears, no matter how hard she tried. A for effort though. And the way she kept dramatically, running, pausing, turning.... like a community college production of Les Miserables. What a phony. And why did she have to talk about with all the other housewives like a gossiping nag. It's her house. If she's a strong woman, as she claims to be, she can make her own decision about her own party but she is weak and like throwing the responsibility of things going badly on others. And how about some discretion?? If you truly care about hurting "your friend", why do you have 6 other people out there in her face?? Because she doesn't want to be accountable for her own ultimate decision, and yet she can swoop in as the concerned friend as Taylor is leaving so that she doesn't look like the bad guy.

I've got to give props to Lisa, she looked beautiful. Did you see her toned arms.. oh my.. next to Kyle's squishy arm flab, Lisa looks like she likes to work out. Hello to her bum-bum.

I'm a paralegal in California and lawsuits are no joke, anyone can bring one against you and no matter how trumped up or frivoulous the charge is, it still takes money, time and effort to fight once you've been named in a lawsuit, not to mention all of the stress that comes with them. People who willy-nilly throw around threats of lawsuits are scum and I don't blame anyone from RHOBH for not wanting to speak to or associate with people with that mindset, especially when those that are threatening you are on the verge of bankruptcy and desperately want everything that those that are actually successful have (adrienne/paul, lisa/ken and camille).

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I don't buy for an instant that (a) Kyle was THAT upset or (b) that Taylor was THAT unreachable by cell. If Kyle called and Lisa texted as they said they had, Taylor had a clue. To me, that explains the OTT PDA with Taylor & Russell in the limo on the way over. They knew what was coming and they wanted to spin the story. And as for Kyle, she just likes to get dramatic in the back of a limo after her White Party. Last year with Kim, this year with Taylor.
    Last edited by miadora; 12-20-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    I agree. I think Kyle put on quite a production.... and I'm not talking about the party. Why did she keep trying to rub away tears under her eyes that were never even there (while she was sitting in the limo talking to Taylor and her husband)? Yes, her eyes got slightly teary, but alas, they could not produce any tears, no matter how hard she tried. A for effort though. And the way she kept dramatically, running, pausing, turning.... like a community college production of Les Miserables. What a phony...
    Well said!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    I'm a paralegal in California and lawsuits are no joke, anyone can bring one against you and no matter how trumped up or frivoulous the charge is, it still takes money, time and effort to fight once you've been named in a lawsuit, not to mention all of the stress that comes with them. People who willy-nilly throw around threats of lawsuits are scum and I don't blame anyone from RHOBH for not wanting to speak to or associate with people with that mindset, especially when those that are threatening you are on the verge of bankruptcy and desperately want everything that those that are actually successful have (adrienne/paul, lisa/ken and camille).
    miadora, I don't think you were quoting me to counter this part of your post....in fact I think you were agreeing with me. (But do correct me if I'm wrong; thick skin and all) I completely agree with your post as quoted above. I'm on a case now that is a completely trumped up charges type of case (to my detriment...I work the case as needed, but billables are a different matter when the client is a friend of the managing partner, so I get my credits slashed) and it's not easily tossed out of court. It's not as easy as most people think it should be on frivolous charges. My particular case is a family dispute that has drug on far too long at a ridiculous cost to both sides, but procedure is procedure. I can completely understand why Adrienne, Kyle, and Lisa wouldn't want to be pulled down civil dispute discovery lane. That's ~30K a month in my market, and I'm in a cheap market. In CA, it would be more.

I thought this was probably the most scripted episode yet on RHBH, starting w/Adrienne's talk w/Paul. Did anyone else notice how Adrienne pronounces Camille's name as Ca-mill? I thought it was Ca-meal.
    But that talk seemed scripted, Kyle's tears and fear was totally scripted as was the interaction between Russell and Taylor...you'd think they had just left their honeymoon in Vegas the way they acted...oh-so-loving with each other. Yeah, right.

What the heck is up with Kim's extreme anger with Brandi? I'd understand if she just didn't care for her but geeze, you'd think Brandi was the devil herself. I guess we can just chalk it up to Kim's dependance on whatever she's taking.

The whole "dis-inviting" of Russell and Taylor seemed completely OTT..... Just because he threatened Camille with a lawsuit didn't seem enough to turn them away but maybe that's just me. Couldn't they all be in the same house or outside without any interaction?

Kyle reminded me of Cinderella with her running back and forth from the limo to her house, lifting her gown as she hurried.

And Taylor admitted to reading the email that Russell sent so she knew exactly what was in it and was delighted with it, given her new anger towards Camille.
    Watching Russell in these shows still makes me wonder what the heck it was that drove him to such an end. I don't believe it was the trouble in his marriage, nor the intimation that he was abusive to her. We'll probably never know what the reason was but I keep feeling it had to do with something we know nothing about. It may come out later but I doubt it.
    Personally, I think Taylor created all the turmoil that surrounds her and she likes it just fine that way. I think she thrives on emotional interactions. She seemed to paint an image of a poor abused creature but then was highly incensed that someone stated exactly what she was doing. They (all the housewives) were thinking the same thing that Camille did, only she was the one to say it out loud.

Taylor is just plain screwy. Kim may have her issues with some kind of dependency and acts crazy but Taylor has her own agenda and can't blame being on drugs or anything else to explain her behavior. Kim just may go into rehab and come out as a much sane person but Taylor will always be the same.
    No, I take that back. Kim will never be a sane person...she's far too emotionally messed up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    I thought that at first, or at least why was everyone else so riled by this? But then I thought that 1) Russell (as described by Taylor - and I believe her) is physically abusive, emotionally abusive and controlling, 2) He had already threatened a lawsuit against Lisa because he assumed she was a leak on a stupid story in the press about Russell and Taylor breaking up, 3) his threat against Camille was a way to bully her to recant her story, 4) who was going to be next, and 5) the other ladies being put into an awkward position because Taylor was admitting what was going on one minute, then minimizing the next. Adrienne, Lisa and Kyle had all by this point admitted on camera that what Camille said was true. Taylor scapegoated Camille for it all. Even though the lawsuit probably would have been dismissed (hello - 4 pillars of society all saying that they were accurately repeating what Taylor told them) it is still a waste of money and time, and I'm sure they didn't want to be dragged through the tabloids for this.

I actually like that the husbands were out there standing by their wives in this situation. Both Mauricio and Paul seemed to remain calm and state the facts to Russell. I also like how Adrienne summed up the situation when she said (I'm paraphrasing here) that Taylor, by confessing, had embroiled them all in the situation, and had now exited the fray and acting like nothing was due to her.
    I agree. I appreciated them standing behind their wives even though I thought it out of character. They are usually in the background which is the way production sets it up since the wives are the focus. Very nice.

The threatened legal action was all bluff to shut everyone up and it did just the opposite. I believe Taylor was abused and Russell was freaking out, trying to put out the fire. And we know how this ended.

I really like Paul.

At the end of the day they are supposed to be mature grown adults & should know how to behave as such. The party looked large enough that everyone would have had enough room so that they did not have to interact with anyone they did not wish to associate with. If you happen to run into someone say hello & move on.

I am sorry but these things are "scripted" to a certain point. They are given certain direction as to a way a situation should be portrayed. They aren't told what exactly to say so there isn't a script to memorize. Have you ever noticed them sometimes fumbling with what they had to say & forgot. Without saying anything further, I have read part of one of these reality contracts.

The problem here is Russell Armstrong forgot this was the world of reality TV & not real world. He ended up taking his life. I don't believe this show was the main reason however I do believe this duo was running some shady deals & the gig was going to be up shortly so-to-speak. What he said in the limo to Taylor about dealing in Dallas & Vegas makes me believe Taylor knows alot more than she claims. If that duo wasn't running something fishy then I am 6' tall.
    sparklete likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    ...What the heck is up with Kim's extreme anger with Brandi? I'd understand if she just didn't care for her but geeze, you'd think Brandi was the devil herself. I guess we can just chalk it up to Kim's dependance on whatever she's taking...
    Brandi's not the devil, she's a "slut pig " (whatever the heck that is!) according to Kim anyway!

I've never understood this, either. I mean, getting ticked off over being accused of doing drugs in one thing, but Kim's reaction (and Kyle's..."shut your G-D mouth!") were reallllly over the top, in my opinion! There surely has to be more going on between them than we've been privy to...either that or Kim's problems are more than drug related (as in mental).
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

This past episode (the "white party") really wasn't very realistic in my opinion, and it's almost laughable. The whole scenario with Russell & Taylor versus everybody else was supposed (I presume) to be the party's big dramatic event, giving everyone lots of opportunities to "emote" for the viewers. (Dragonlady, loved the description of Kyle running in her gown as "Cinderella" )

No, it doesn't make sense that they had to be "dis-invited" or that Kyle couldn't reach Taylor on her cell...good points! I remember at last season's white party, Russell got bored and left, Taylor decided to stay, and had surely practiced looking lost and sad for many hours beforehand (her Girls Just Wanna Have Fun moment). Taylor is no victim, and I've read many times that she and Russell have been involved - together - in "questionable" deals. I agree that Russell's suicide more than likely had everything to do with some major $hit that was about to hit the fan than Taylor's abuse claims. But, that's just my opinion.

I still say....Bravo: dump Taylor and Kim, please, for the sake of the show. Let's raise the bar, not lower it.

I think the white party was realistic and, in fact, riveting because the entire story line is realistic.

Abuse is a funny thing. Regardless if Taylor is being completely honest about the abuse or not, and I am not entirely convinced that she is, women in abusive relationships don't take the threat as seriously as they should, most refuse to walk away immediately as they should, of those that don't walk away, all are hopeful that the abuse will stop even though the odds that happening are nearly zero.

I believe Kyle and the other women tried to get a hold of Taylor and, other than Adrienne, the women believe Taylor had no idea of the threat against Camille.

If what happened was scripted, Kyle would not have shed tears --- I saw real tears. Had Kyle shown confidence that she would handle Taylor and Russell on her own, certainly not everyone would have participated. Kyle didn't, so everyone did.

Adrianne seized the opportunity to tell Russell that Camille was not exaggerating and had only repeated with Taylor had told all the women.

Kyle and Lisa let tell Taylor know it was OK if she didn't know about Russell threatening Camille.

Regardless of who believes what, everyone is in agreement that Taylor and Russell shouldn't be there or anywhere as a couple, for as a couple they are out --- the litigious risk of association is too great (and, after all, outside of the show, Taylor is not really their friend).

+ Reply to Thread