+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 501 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree3011Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I think most of of actually know a "fame whore" or two. You know.... the people you know that only talk about themselves. I suppose we can call them wanna be actors if they just had the opportunity. I know a few that are very "me, me, me and more me".

Sorry to sound caddy.... Have had to deal with one of these types all day today. ARG!!

Oh look!...and now I'm doing it!

I like Lisa a lot and am interesred in seeing more of Adrienne and Kyle. They seem rhe mist "real" to me. Kim has potenrial if she can step away frrm her past.

I still can't get that vulgar, disgusting vision out of my mind of Taylor eating that cotton candy...absolutely disgusting. She is just not an attractive woman. Someone on another "Housewives of BH" thread described Taylor as looking like a "death head skull" - SPOT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4101345;
    I went to UCLA 1999-2003, so its not the most recent of recent. And LA has changed a LOT since then, but I worked in WLA, because I was living at UCLA and did not want to have to worry about 'commuting' down Wilshire or even Santa Monica into BH or travel a bit south into Palisades or Brentwood. I was able to work the neighborhood just off of Sunset, north of the school. I am having a major brain fart, but it was in the same neighborhood as the Spellings and Hef's place....Had one family right off of Mulholland. I am not a LA person so I can't recall for the life of me what that neighborhood is called. So I apologize if its not called WLA even though it technically belongs, but probably does have its fancier subtitle.
    Not to worry -- I guess UCLA is considered in WLA,but as you know, Beverly Hills and Culver City are blocks apart but are their own cities. Technically, it's all on the west side of the city but Bel Air and Beverly Hills are really specific. When mentions WLA, trust me, ain't no one thinking Malibu, Mulholland, etc. -- probably more like Palms and Mar Vista. Story of my life. But no matter, that's some real money on RHOBH -- amazing, huh? I'm very familiar with that lifestyle, as are you, but it's gotta' be a shock to those who have never seen it. It's still mind boggling. However, is refreshing when you know people who live like that and yet they're so down to earth and unpretentious.

I work in Century City but live south of Pico.......so much for WLA.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

If you say WLA to a person from Bel Air or Holmby Hills like where these HW's live, believe me, they will set you straight immediately.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4101249;
    I don't know, I think talents like acting or singing or other fine arts are special in that it doesn't matter how long you study them, if you don't have talent you don't have talent. I could study my butt off and be a math whiz, but no matter how hard I try I'll never be a great singer or actor.
    gotta disagree with you here.
    I would make a distinction between acting and singing (or dancing, playing an instrument, etc). The latter requires a pretty specific talent and usually can be improved with a lot of study. I think you can improve your acting skills with study also but I think the ability to act is far more common than having a specific skill/talent like singing. There's an awful lot of celebs out there who can't act worth beans but they look good.
    I was going to say that it's different for singing and then I remember Kim Z and her "hit" song!!! I guess now with Auto-tune, anyone can sing or should I say, lip-snyc??
    Guess I have to disagree with my disagreement.

Love watching these women. All that money-- I'm intrigued by how they handle themselves. Camille's personality is so off-putting, but that obnoxious little smirk actually seems to me like self-conscious embarrassment. She knows she's a remora on shark Grammer.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Her abnoxious little smirks seem more like a vain attempt at being coy. I honestly don't see how she lives with herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4103319;
    Her abnoxious little smirks seem more like a vain attempt at being coy. I honestly don't see how she lives with herself.
    That is exactly how I interpret them, as well.

I'm finding her the least likable on the show and, when it comes to these shows, with all their overindulgences, that unfortunately says a lot about this woman. But, then, trying to equate her munificence with that of Je*us and Mother Teresa last week, didn't exactly warm the cockleshells of many hearts, did it??!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread