+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2981Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

My opinion about many of the wives has changes since last season.

I despised Kyle and Lisa last season but I like them much more this season. Same with Camille, although I have to remind myself what an arrogant person she was prior to her divorce. That really changed her - and for the better. I love how her New Jersey accent slides in from time to time.

I still like Adrienne, and she's becoming more participatory which I like. I sense that she isn't actively involved in the family business - at least not the way her brothers are. I'll be curious to see how her shoe line does. I kind of hope it does well so that she can have something to call her own.

I adored Kim last season and still do, but watching her life come undone is not easy. I hope she gets it together.

Taylor...I hated her last year for how shoddily she treated Kim. That she and Kyle are best-buddies rubs me the wrong way. I will have to watch the rest of the season unfold and learn more about Russell, but I, to this day, am not convinced of physical abuse. Either way, Camille said it best. The only one to have put Taylor in danger is Taylor.

Is it so wrong of me that I actually started giggling when Taylor started her drama? I do think she is one messed up woman and agreeing to be on RHBH would rank up in there in her top 5 jacked up life decisions.

Sorry I don't think Kyle is funny at all. I think she is a bully at heart.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Kyle used to be my favorite, but she is showing her true colors now. I think she is too sneaky and will backstab in a minute. I think Lisa is finding this out.
    AmyKay and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Taylor...I hated her last year for how shoddily she treated Kim. That she and Kyle are best-buddies rubs me the wrong way. I will have to watch the rest of the season unfold and learn more about Russell, but I, to this day, am not convinced of physical abuse. Either way, Camille said it best. The only one to have put Taylor in danger is Taylor.
    I think it was telling that Taylor was mad that Camille said something, she never once said she was mad because it was not true. The "danger" statement leads me to believe he had some kind of control over her. Maybe he didnt physically harm her, maybe he threatened to "take away her daughter" or even "take away money"...
    But yes, ultimately it is Taylor who puts herself in danger. I know its easier said than done but get out if its that bad.

And I too saw Kyle's "show" pathetic. How many times is she gonna do a split for everyone? And so what if Brandi doesnt wear a bra? Its her party! I too may have been taken a back by the nipples but how "mean girl" it was of her to make a comment that loud about it.

and I couldnt quite make out what Kim said to kyle as she was crying in the previews for next week, something about losing her kids? did someone catch that?
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Newbie

Brandi's friend, Jennifer, is the "den mom" from Dr. Drew's Sober House. Such an odd pairing.

Part of me really wants to give Taylor some slack. I was her several years ago. The main difference is that I really didn't have no where to go, didn't have a job nor did I have wealthy frieds to help. I cried alot, feared for my saftey if I told anyone, couldn't eat, dropped down to 80 pounds. I went from 0 to 100 in a split second. My brusies were never visable so no one knew except when one of those shoves broke my ankle. That was visable proof of his abuse & made my life a living HE!L. I get that part from Taylor so I do understand. I made the decision to get out of the marriage & get help for me.

What I don't get about Taylor is her lashing out at the wrong people. She was clearly having a breakdown at that party. Mix booze & viotale personalities into that mix & you get what you saw last nite. I don't understand these women bringing their friends to these events. What puzzles me even more is that Jen, the hostess, who works for Dr Drew didn't step in to help with the situation. She would have had the most direct knowledge to deal with this sort of situation. What I find odd is that Jen, who I believe had sobriety issues in the past, would have agreed to hold an event at her home where wine would be served.

I understand how Kyle could calm Taylor down. I know most of you see her as the "mean girl", trust me I think she can be a bit of a narcissit as well, but I see she more as a tough cookie who has been dealing with the people she loves & their sobriety. My above mentioned EX is an alcoholic. I was the only person who could calm him & the situation down. That is why everyone thought I was a toughie & didn't believe me about being abused. I walked the whole 'egg-shell' game for 25 years. You get almost immune to it. Kyle is tougher because of dealing with Kim for most of her life. IIRC didn't the Richards' mother have sobriety issues as well? Personally I like Kyle but wish she would lay off the snarky remarks & splits. Come on ladies...Brandi's lack of a bra would have made most of us snicker. The laser pointer was tacky & mean.

Taylor runs an anti-abuse organization, correct? So isn't she a fraud for advising women to leave abusive relationships when she clearly didn't leave hers? Then again, with Taylor, what is real & what is fake?
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    and I couldnt quite make out what Kim said to kyle as she was crying in the previews for next week, something about losing her kids? did someone catch that?
    Aren't Kim's children older? I think it is more her kids telling her it is us or Ken. My kids did that to me. That is why I am single.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Regular

Still can't stand Taylor, and no way in Hades am I buying her book. Nothing about her tirade showed me a woman in the throes of abuse. She acted more like a woman who's lies have been exposed! I think she has milked the fake abused woman scam to the hilt, and now that she's being exposed as a fraud, she can't handle it. Her crafty schemed plan for attention has backfired, and poor Russell paid the ultimate price for all her lies and games. Even those closest to her question/doubt the abuse and wonder what the truth is....that's telling.

As for Kyle, she is just a mean spirited woman, with a nasty jealous streak/insecurity. Her mask is slipping this season, and what's underneath isn't so nice.... Another one I'm no longer interested in seeing. What's left to watch here? And why am I still watching at all....What's wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by wymama View Post
    Brandi's friend, Jennifer, is the "den mom" from Dr. Drew's Sober House. Such an odd pairing.
    That's where I saw her. I knew she looked familiar. Yes, I agree, very strange pairing.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by thatblonde View Post
    As for Kyle, she is just a mean spirited woman, with a nasty jealous streak/insecurity. Her mask is slipping this season, and what's underneath isn't so nice.... Another one I'm no longer interested in seeing. What's left to watch here? And why am I still watching at all....What's wrong with me?
    Nothing's wrong with you (or me ) - we're just voyeurs who enjoy peeking into someone else's life...that they freely give, I might add! While I can't stand Taylor and am finished with Kim-n-Kyle's mean girl antics, I still enjoy Lisa and Adrienne. And surprisingly this season, Camille.

Bravo should do what it did in New York...jettison the dead weight and bring some fun back to the show (and Kyle doing splits isn't my idea of "fun")! Boot Kim, Kyle & Taylor.... keep Adrienne, Lisa, and Camille, add three more really wealthy women and try it again! My Christmas wish
    AmyKay, Starbucks880 and Coco46 like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread