+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Does anybody know if the show is going to go forward another season? I would think Taylor would have not appeared at all for a while after what happened, but nooo....and I saw a commercial for some New Years Eve Bravo shindigs with some of the housewives hosting them, and Taylor was one of them who did a commercial about it! I can't believe she would be hosting some Bravo party this close to the tragic suicide of her husband.

Brandi's idea was tacky. Brandi is not the classiest dame around, but she didn't deserve the mean sisters on Game Night. I used to like Kim, but I didn't like the way she acted when Brandi tried to talk to her at Taylor's (Kennedy's) party.

That "box" wedding invitation is just tacky. Lisa should have better taste than that. Not everybody is going to be delighted by something that looks like a gift and turns out to be an invitation.

I can't stand that wedding planner. He is a moron.
    Taylor is ugly inside and out. She is a disgusting fame whore - hosting a New Year's Eve Party a few months after her husbands' suicide??? She saw him hanging from the ceiling for god's sake. She couldn't have cared about that man - I know they were divorcing but come on! Life is for the living yes - but she's moving on ALREADY? What is that telling her daughter??? That poor child will need intensive therapy for life with that woman for a mother.
    mom2 and Duckyface like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Daughter will probably need that anyway, mostly based on what dad did and what she had to endure in the home before his death. And what, exactly, is the timetable on "appropriate" grieving? Everybody has their own way of dealing with things like this, and should be allowed to without extraneous judgment.

Russell isn't going to get any "deader", that's for sure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From the first day, she sought the cameras instead of her daughter. That's why she's obnoxious to me.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Whenever a parent dies when a child is young (accidental, natural or unnatural) it is just brutal on the children.

She may attract the same type. And it is ashame when one is pressured by economics. She may have been planning this for quite a while, seeing that there would be an end to his economic utility...she was trying to look injured and look like there was no romantic attachment. It was her next step....IMHO or guessing
    You can do it!

Taylor getting back into the swing of a social and very much publicized life seems typical of who she is. I tend to forget that some people behave differently than what I think is proper...but Taylor does things differently. Most of us would NOT want to be seen as a "victim," most of us would devote most of our time to our child, rather social life. Most of us would not spend HUGE amounts on an outlandish extravagant and inappropriate birthday party for a 4 or 5 year old child, particularly if we were having financial difficulties.
    From what I've seen here on FORT, none of us would act like Taylor does, either before or after a suicide of our spouse, even pending divorce.

Kim, especially, and Kyle have been the proverbial snobbish rich women towards Brandi. I'm not fond of Brandi but I meet a lot of people I'm not fond of but I don't act like the 2 K's did. I don't know anyone who is that blatently rude.

I've always felt that Kennedy was just a child of extremely busy parents....an afterthought....a part-time interruption, something better left to nannies. I feel so sorry for these kids and, truthfully, I feel sorry for parents who miss out on the joys of raising children. It was the best (and hardest) job I ever had.
    Duckyface, Coco46 and jucamer like this.

ITA dragonlady! I've been wondering how come we never see the nannies?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Lisa and Pandora's wedding planner is a real life version of Martin Short's 'characature' of the wedding planner in Father of the Bride II, in which the wedding planner was this totally bizarre, over-the-top, crazy acting character. It's kind of ironic that Lisa and Pandora's wedding planner is even more bizarre, crazy and over-the-top than the guy in the movie!
    luvsginger likes this.

Sad part is Brandi would fit right in with the Housewives of Atlanta or New Jersey.

My problem is Taylor can't play the role of grieving widow & happy socialite at the same time. That wedding planner is annoying. He's the reason I stopped watching Brides of Beverly Hills.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Taylor getting back into the swing of a social and very much publicized life seems typical of who she is. I tend to forget that some people behave differently than what I think is proper...but Taylor does things differently. Most of us would NOT want to be seen as a "victim," most of us would devote most of our time to our child, rather social life. Most of us would not spend HUGE amounts on an outlandish extravagant and inappropriate birthday party for a 4 or 5 year old child, particularly if we were having financial difficulties.
    From what I've seen here on FORT, none of us would act like Taylor does, either before or after a suicide of our spouse, even pending divorce.

Kim, especially, and Kyle have been the proverbial snobbish rich women towards Brandi. I'm not fond of Brandi but I meet a lot of people I'm not fond of but I don't act like the 2 K's did. I don't know anyone who is that blatently rude.

I've always felt that Kennedy was just a child of extremely busy parents....an afterthought....a part-time interruption, something better left to nannies. I feel so sorry for these kids and, truthfully, I feel sorry for parents who miss out on the joys of raising children. It was the best (and hardest) job I ever had.
    I am going to defend Taylor for a minute. This was filmed before the suicide and divorce papers, when she was hopful that therapy was going to save her marriage. They did not pay for that b'day out their own pocket. Vendors gifted all of it for product placment and sefl promotion. The Bravo production team has to take the rap for that one. She mentioned this in her interview with Dr Phil.

We see staged luncheons and get togethers and none of their real life. I am sure Camille went through an emotionally wrenching time during her divorce but we did not witness her tears or the days she couldn't get out of bed. It is easy enough to put on a happy face for the cameras. One thing they cannnot to is hide their anger! jeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

This is as far as I go with defense of any of them. I agree that they all appear emotionally immature and clueless about conflict resolution 101.

I also believe that Kim does have an addiciton problem and the office visit with Paul was staged in hopes viewers would think her behavior was due to the wrong combinations of medication from her doctor. pfffffffffffffffffffffft That may have been discussed already. I don't usually read this thread.

Shoepie we are going to have to agree to disagree where it concerns Taylor. I am with you on Kim. With Taylor, yes I realize that this was filmed prior to anything happening. With that said she knew of the critizem she took over Kennedy's 4th birthday party. Whether the party was compted or not she could have had a much lower keyed party or chose NOT to have the party filmed.
    I saw the Dr Phil interview & what I saw, at least IMHO, was alot of fake sobbing. I am sorry but if my husband would have recently killed himself & I and my child were there when his body was found I would have doubted I could have done an interview with anyone & then be prepared to answer any questions about my childs' 4th birthday party.
    I will always maintain the marriage was a business & Kennedy just happened to be her year end bonus. This is just my gut feeling & nothing more.
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread