+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Kim's boyfriend is grotesque.

As if the effeminate tone of voice and constant sniffing wasn't enough...I find something about his skin color to be very off putting. It's grayis/greenish. It makes me wondering if he has an ailment of some sort.

And, to top it off, he wears a wedding band! What the ???!!!

Funny how a few knocks in life can be humbling. I like Camille thus far this season but I'd wager money on the fact that if her marriage remained in tact, she'd be as obnoxious as she was at the beginning of last season.

I like Lisa far more this season than last - only because I think I understand her a little better. She's very smart, direct, and doesn't dilly-dally in life. As smart as she is, she should clue in to how poorly her behavior can be perceived by others sometimes, and hopefully watching this season on tv will help with that. Meanwhile, I think I've grown to respect her a bit for how well she has her life together.

I really hope Brandi and Dana remain on the outskirts. Neither is very compelling to me (although I would also like to see Dana's wedding....and I prefer Dana to Brandi). For my tastes, they'd ruin the show if they were brought in as permanent additions.

There is some sore of expression that goes like this...when one person lashes out at another, its often because he/she sees something in the other person that they don't like in themselves. I see this with Taylor and Lisa. Lisa does jab, but nothing that a confident person couldn't handle. Taylor is overly senstive and resentful/envious of Lisa's confidence. Not that Lisa doesn't ask for it, but Taylor is so weak that she tears like tissue paper at the smallest barb.

I don't have much sympathy for Taylor though. I think she is consiously or subconsciously playing the victime pity party game. If/when her circumstances change, it will flip on a dime.

Taylor's not lost and confused, she is just failing in her marriage and business.
    Prism, SugarMama and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    And, to top it off, he wears a wedding band! What the ???!!!
    In the last episode, Kyle noticed the wedding band and Kim said that she gave it to Ken because of their committment to each other. But it still puzzles me why a wedding band type ring...why not some other type of ring and why does a woman give a man a ring for this reason?
    Nevermind....as for my last question, a very insecure woman would give a man a ring. I'd prefer either a man giving a woman a ring (or some momento) or both giving each other something that signifies their committment.

I do not believe in psychics who do not know you. But I do follow astrology.

I looked up Kim's chart. It has problems (Kyle's is ok....Atlanta's Kim and Kandi's are ok to but says they have quite an interest in sex. Kim loves love and she cannot make good decisions in these matters. If I were her mom I would tell her to be kind to herself and just be friends with these men. The physical relationship for a woman charges things and brings out responsibility feelings in a woman that it does not in a man. She needs to accept herself for the way she is and realize others are wired the way the others are wired with strengths and weaknesses. Men are fools for sure (Sorry. It is what all women say when grappling to explain pig behavior. And there is reprehesible female behavior too.
    Rambles....get to it.

Pat yourself on the back Kim that you love love. There needs to be more love in the universe. In your chart it is indicated that you would hurt others or have a preoccupation with sex. Love that you care that much about others. Let go. Let God. You do not own anyone else's behaviors. They have their own things that they must face. Look to your inner goodness. Accept that everyone is the way they are. You cannot be mad at an Aries for their honesty or speed, a
    Cancer for his clinginess, a Virgo for knowing it all, a person for having the chart that they have. If you must dabble in love, rely on good hearted person to help you. And for sure pull an objective natal chart. You cannot change people. Spend time on yourself.

I agree about the two views of the man with the computer. A third might be an inability to let go of the safety net (pure ignorance at the pure pain that this causes); or fourth being sex pervert.
    You can do it!

Wow! Interesting point on Camille! I absolutely love Camille this seaon, but maybe she would be the same if her marriage stayed intact. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

Pat yourself on the back Kim that you love love. There needs to be more love in the universe. In your chart was NOT indicated that you would hurt others rt.
    Oopsidaisy left off not; all
    In all good Kim does not read internet
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    It is on record that Lisa has stated that she cannot be Taylor's "best" friend. I have many girlfriends some of who are "best" friends and some are just friends. However, I would never say to someone who is just a friend that she and I will never be "best" friends. That comes across rude to me. Who knows..... some day down the road they may end up being a best friend.

I think Lisa opened the door to the who fiasco when she confronted Taylor about not being invited to the luncheon. Bad timing in my book. If she wanted to confront her about she should have done it privately.... not in the middle of a nice afternoon tea. She gave Taylor the perfect opportunity to unleash her anger at Lisa. Again, this should have been done privately. Taylor was obviously heading toward meltdown mode weather real or imagined. I know it's all about the ratings though. The biggest part I didn't like was Taylor's efforts to drag the other ladies into it. I've always been taught to speak for myself and not others. I tell my employees the same thing. However since she did go in that direction she has to suffer the consequences. Next week will be interesting.
    DH and I found it odd that the cameras "just happened" to be at Lisa's to record her end of the call from Kyle, while another crew "just happened" to be at the hotel on Kyle when she "accidently" let Lisa know she was not invited to Taylor's affair. Hmmmmm, seems pretty contrived by the producers and looked like a set-up by Bravo to ensure drama at the tea party. Just sayin'.
    Prism, SugarMama and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    DH and I found it odd that the cameras "just happened" to be at Lisa's to record her end of the call from Kyle, while another crew "just happened" to be at the hotel on Kyle when she "accidently" let Lisa know she was not invited to Taylor's affair. Hmmmmm, seems pretty contrived by the producers and looked like a set-up by Bravo to ensure drama at the tea party. Just sayin'.
    "Contrived" is correct - we're manipulated left and right, and we keep coming back for more
    Prism likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I have no doubt whatsoever that if that call had happened off camera Bravo would not hesitate for a second to recreate it

I have to give it to Taylor. At Lisa's teaparty, Taylor did a pretty good imitation of Julia Roberts, acting a scene out of one of her dramatic movies. Taylor's posturing and lips... I thought Julia Roberts was a horrible actress, but at least she has her own acting style. As for Taylor, does this woman have one authentic, non-imitating bone in her body?
    Prism and sparklete like this.

Miadora, I've always been distracted by Julia Roberts' slash of a mouth across her face - it so dominates, no matter what character she plays. Decent actor, awful mouth.

Kim's boyfriend looks malevolent. He does have a choice - he could get a decent haircut, wear upscale-looking clothing other than mud-colored, shave a little closer, and get a grip on his body language. Seems to me Kim kept the relationship quiet b/c she's ashamed of him, but he's likely the only male in many years who has shown her enough attention to call it a relationship. She does need companionship, but wish she'd chosen someone less, um, creepy.

Camille is "nice" only b/c she's on her best behavior, and Bravo can exploit the change of character.

Lisa thinks she's way too good for the likes of Shana from the prairie. I don't "like" either of them, but I do love watching. Love Lisa's house, she has a nice husband, a cute couple dogs, usually good manners and civility, beautiful clothing, and business success - all that makes her interesting. Shana Hughes Ford Taylor Armstrong is a faker, and a fakir; and that slash of lips across her face makes me think of her as a clown. Yechhhhh...

Turns out IMHO Adirenne & Paul are most normal of the bunch - but I like watching all of the RHBH.
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread