+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 502 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree3012Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

And who in the world would give a young child such an expensive (I guess not to them) necklace? We know it will soon be lost! Such a waste of money.

Can't stand Camile and her obnoxious little laugh. She's such a phony!

My favorite is Lisa also.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4098802;
    Wow, talk about excessive, huh?
    Both parties seemed over the top and unnecessary to me.
    But, of the 2, Kyle's did seem to focus on fun and family.
    Sorry for cutting a lot of your post but I couldn't pass up not commenting on the excessive parties of these kids. I remember thinking a couple years ago, how excessive and indulgent young parents are now days by giving their kids a birthday party every year, particularly, very young kids (1-3yrs old) who don't really know what all is going on. Parties don't seem to be for the kids themselves anymore.

Seeing these Housewives' parties, I think how silly that must sound when not only do the kids get a party EVERY year but one that costs HUGE amounts of money. My, how things have changed!!! But what is it teaching these kids?
    If you get everything (like diamonds) when you're young, what is there to look forward to when growing up? Aren't they just setting their kids up for disappointment?

I keep remembering the look on the faces of the jewelry store owners, when Taylor was there to buy her daughter diamonds..... "Oh, looky! Here comes another too-rich sucker that needs to impress others with how much money she has. What else can we talk her into buying??"

It's not that they have oodles of money (more power to them!) but good times and treasured memories are not made by how much money is spent. I think Taylor's daughter would have loved just an afternoon alone with all of her mommy's attention, playing together more than anything else. That's really what 4 yr olds want.

Sorry to be so wordy but nothing makes me angrier than the mistreatment of kids. :nono

FORT Fogey

I'm on the fence with Taylor. The party was all kinds of wrong, but I can see show she may have gotten carried away with it - with the new tv show and all. If I go by what her best friend was saying and by the fact that the other wives kind of like her, I don't think she can be that bad. I just hope that what we saw wasn't a full reflection of her as a mother. Hopefully we'll learn more on future episodes.

Reg. Lisa...she seems too good to be true. I'm waiting for the ax to fall.

no, thankfully i must have been sending a text or something and missed the flash of crack!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4098975;
    Seriously!!??? Her boobs are suppose to be implant free? When she was swimming in the ocean those puppies were like life preservers for her, I thought to myself, 'there's no way she will ever drown'. And did you notice how she flashed her butt crack when she got into the hot tub with that old guy? Ick!

Camille is way over top. Surely she can't seriously think she is soooooo much busier than anyone else. My God, Adrienne works what seems like alot, has only ONE PART-TIME nanny, and seems to take time to actually play with her kids. Camille seems to just sit around admiring herself. I surprised she can even walk herself to the bathroom without help.

And that big hot-tub guy...... yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk,YUK!!! He gave me the heebie, jeebies.

Still love Lisa.

FORT Fan

50k on a birthday party! I have a feeling Taylor's daughter would have been a lot happier with a trip to Chucky Cheese with just her Mom!

INSIDE STORY: The Brutal Murder in Real Housewives Star Kim Richards's Past - The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Kim Richards : People.com

By Howard Breuer

Sunday November 07, 2010 09:15 AM EST

Kim Richards sometimes seems like the saddest of the bunch. She fights with her sister Kyle, has had trouble finding a new home and admits she feels awkward and lonely since her divorce.

But the reality-TV drama is nothing compared the pain of her past.

Nineteen years ago, Richards was engaged to commodities salesman John J. Collett, then 29, of Agoura Hills, Calif. After following her career in films like Disney's Escape from Witch Mountain, he met his movie star crush and they dated for several months before they began to discuss their dream wedding.

"She loved him and he loved her and it was like a fairy tale," his sister Nina Stormo, 35, tells PEOPLE. "They seemed really happy."
    Murder-for-Hire
    But in October of 1991, Collett was gunned down by a hit man outside a San Fernando Valley deli in what may have been a business scheme gone horribly wrong. Richards had to identify the body.

"It just tore her apart emotionally and she was not in good shape for a long time," Collett's mother Jan Collett tells PEOPLE. "She really loved John. They were a good match."

Marva DeCarlo Johnson, 31, was sentenced in June of 1993 to 30-years-to-life after he was found guilty of murder. Prosecutors presented evidence that it was a paid hit, but did not present evidence of who bankrolled it or why.

Before his death, Collett had worked for a commodities firm that allegedly defrauded investors for millions. He became one of six defendants in a civil suit filed by California regulators.
    A Lot of Pain
    Prosecutors at DeCarlo's trial denied any connection between the lawsuit and the murder, but did not get into details about the true motive behind the hit.

Jan Collett, who has collected information over the years and is planning a book project, believes that her son was a victim of a separate criminal scheme. In this other conspiracy, she says, a rich businessman convinced wealthy acquaintances to invest serious cash – $250,000 in Collett's case – and instead of repaying the investors, he hired a hit man to kill them off.

Either way, Collett says, Richards has never recovered.

"Kim was always carrying around a lot of pain, subsequent to my son's death," Collett says. "I really cared for Kim. I thought she was a really good person with a good heart."

Richards had no comment when contacted by PEOPLE.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4100643;
    INSIDE STORY: The Brutal Murder in Real Housewives Star Kim Richards's Past - The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Kim Richards : People.com

By Howard Breuer

Sunday November 07, 2010 09:15 AM EST

Kim Richards sometimes seems like the saddest of the bunch. She fights with her sister Kyle, has had trouble finding a new home and admits she feels awkward and lonely since her divorce.

But the reality-TV drama is nothing compared the pain of her past.

Nineteen years ago, Richards was engaged to commodities salesman John J. Collett, then 29, of Agoura Hills, Calif. After following her career in films like Disney's Escape from Witch Mountain, he met his movie star crush and they dated for several months before they began to discuss their dream wedding.

"She loved him and he loved her and it was like a fairy tale," his sister Nina Stormo, 35, tells PEOPLE. "They seemed really happy."
    Murder-for-Hire
    But in October of 1991, Collett was gunned down by a hit man outside a San Fernando Valley deli in what may have been a business scheme gone horribly wrong. Richards had to identify the body.

"It just tore her apart emotionally and she was not in good shape for a long time," Collett's mother Jan Collett tells PEOPLE. "She really loved John. They were a good match."

Marva DeCarlo Johnson, 31, was sentenced in June of 1993 to 30-years-to-life after he was found guilty of murder. Prosecutors presented evidence that it was a paid hit, but did not present evidence of who bankrolled it or why.

Before his death, Collett had worked for a commodities firm that allegedly defrauded investors for millions. He became one of six defendants in a civil suit filed by California regulators.
    A Lot of Pain
    Prosecutors at DeCarlo's trial denied any connection between the lawsuit and the murder, but did not get into details about the true motive behind the hit.

Jan Collett, who has collected information over the years and is planning a book project, believes that her son was a victim of a separate criminal scheme. In this other conspiracy, she says, a rich businessman convinced wealthy acquaintances to invest serious cash $250,000 in Collett's case and instead of repaying the investors, he hired a hit man to kill them off.

Either way, Collett says, Richards has never recovered.

"Kim was always carrying around a lot of pain, subsequent to my son's death," Collett says. "I really cared for Kim. I thought she was a really good person with a good heart."

Richards had no comment when contacted by PEOPLE.

To me she always looks scared to death and I think she is definitely on some kind of meds. I know she mentioned (or maybe Kyle did) about her needing money - that is the only reason I can see her being on this show. She seems so sad and lonely - I feel so bad for her....

I feel very bad for her, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4100773;
    To me she always looks scared to death and I think she is definitely on some kind of meds. I know she mentioned (or maybe Kyle did) about her needing money - that is the only reason I can see her being on this show. She seems so sad and lonely - I feel so bad for her....
    She definately has some baggage she is working through. When the mother-in-law likes her son's wife (or future wife), it says alot.

I was happy to read good things about Kim. Combined with a whacky childhood, some teen substance abuse issues, and a few failed marriages, she is facing an uphill battle.

Some people handle things better than others. It's in their genetic make-up. Kyle is one such person. I cut Kim a ton of slack, and so far, I like her a great deal. Then, to have two very successful sisters - one in love (Kyle) and one in riches (the one who married a Hilton) would be very difficult. She doesn't show any jealousy or ill-will. If I were in her shoes, I might not be so mature about it, that's for sure.

Her new house didn't look all that shabby for a person who needs money. I wonder how she is paying for it.

+ Reply to Thread