+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2987Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

The preview for tonight's episode says: "The cause of Kim's erratic behavior is revealed."

Oh really? We'll see. But if they chalk it up to her "hidden" romance with this new guy, I ain't buying it!
    Moontat and Debb70 like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I don't know that Kim's drippy nose is from drugs. My nose would pour water all day if I did not take an allergy pill. Zyrtec works best. So, it's difficult to say what the cause if for Kim. If it's allergies, she needs some meds for it.

Dr. Drew says that today the large majority of problems with addicts are PRESCRIPTION medications. That has now become the most dangerous way to live. Kim could be taking only what has been prescribed for her, but yet be addicted and taking entirely too much and in the wrong combination. The prescribed meds are just as deadly as the illegal ones.
    luvsginger likes this.

I think it's true that prescription meds are the drug of choice for many people, who've become addicted to them. But I don't think Kim's actions are typical of those kinds of meds, even in large amounts. Altho I'm thinking of pain killers which are usually downers but maybe it's uppers??
    Don't really know that much about it all but to me it seems more like cocaine or some other drug that makes a person erratic, super "up" and sorta crazy.
    I think Kyle knows exactly what it is but is either protecting her or in denial...I lean towards protecting.

A new relationship can be stressful for sure. I am not sure if psychologists tell people to trust in God.

I had been thinking lately that I want to read Shirley Maclaine's book to see what she says about her other lives. I might look up Kyle's fortune teller. I have read that purple is the most healing color. And I remember chakra colors when I am making afghans. To have peace, one must not focus too much on the lower chakras( orange--Power versus Force book) But of course all chakras are needed.

I did not see the beginning, but I like that there was not a lot of drama in what I did see.
    You can do it!

Read blurb online regarding Shirley MacLaine. I think that she is a good dreamer. Her dreams are reflecting her current inner conflicts and her theater drama. That is my best guess.... It would be nice us we could talk with our past loved ones. Do not think we can

But I am a kid. I want to believe in magic. I can fly.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-08-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think it's true that prescription meds are the drug of choice for many people, who've become addicted to them. But I don't think Kim's actions are typical of those kinds of meds, even in large amounts. Altho I'm thinking of pain killers which are usually downers but maybe it's uppers??
    Don't really know that much about it all but to me it seems more like cocaine or some other drug that makes a person erratic, super "up" and sorta crazy.
    I think Kyle knows exactly what it is but is either protecting her or in denial...I lean towards protecting.
    I agree. Lexapro is an SSRI anti-depressant, and Trazodone is a similar anti-depressant but not an SSRI...I don't know what the third one was. I don't understand the logic in mixing these drugs, but then I've never been under a doctor's care coming off alcohol.

Her jerky, almost manic, behavior of late is just too reminiscent of "upper" or coke use. As I watched that play out, I thought "scripted to put a positive spin on Kim's behavior." I'm not convinced at all.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I agree. Lexapro is an SSRI anti-depressant, and Trazodone is a similar anti-depressant but not an SSRI...I don't know what the third one was. I don't understand the logic in mixing these drugs, but then I've never been under a doctor's care coming off alcohol.

Her jerky, almost manic, behavior of late is just too reminiscent of "upper" or coke use. As I watched that play out, I thought "scripted to put a positive spin on Kim's behavior." I'm not convinced at all.
    This was the only segment I saw last night. This time change is killing me this year. The other medication Kim mentioned was Topamax. This is an anti seziure medication. I was prescrbed this when I was first diagnosed with RSD. It can cause confusion & loss of memory. I took it for 2 weeks & discontinued. I have heard of women using this medication to lose weight. I felt like I was flying on this medication & not in a good way. To describe this feeling, you might want to say 'where is the cat' but instead say 'where is the table'. It was weird & would really explain why Kim acts the way she does.
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    The lexapro, Topamax, and Trazadone combination would not explain everything. It would make someone seem drunk or druggy, more down. It doesn't explain all her crazy manic moments. I think she is leaving out other drug use. I also don't think she is totally off alcohol either. I remember the first episode that showed the housekeeper, there was a shot of a bottle of alcohol stashed in the corner of the room. I also think Kyle knows as well.
    Duckyface likes this.

If Kim is not in a REAL program for her addiction, she will not be able to stay sober. Relapse is a part of the disease of addiction. Unless she is actively involved in some kind of support group or program, then she is fooling herself about staying sober long term.

I'm not sure what is really causing her to appear drunk, but I think it could be the drugs. She could be taking more than what she is admitting to. I know someone who was arrested for drunk driving and tested. All indicators said drunk, but the person took a breathalyzer and blew 0, so that proved she was not drinking.

I recently heard Dr. Drew and Jane Valez Mitchell talking about prescription medication abuse. They said that it was the leading cause of death in LA CA, over car accidents!!!!!!!

Topamax did make me "loopy" as did Neurontin. I remember not feeling like I could drive & my world was hazy. That is why I got off them after 2 weeks & I had to be weaned off of them gradually. I know I couldn't drink while on them so if Kim is drinking....just sayin.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread