+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3001Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

All this talk of the sniffing boyfriend reminds me of Seinfeld. Seinfeld the sweater - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Speaking of another OMG moment was that lavish, but garish, engagement party. What was Lisa thinking! She could have given her daughter the nicest, classiest party that money can buy, but chose this fiasco.
    And apparently, hiring that strange little man as wedding planner is worst that "Father of the Bride's" Franunk (or how ever it's spelled). This guy is as strange as they come but although Lisa is very suspect of his taste and abilities, she seems to be going along with it. Which in a lot of ways, seems very un-Lisa-like. She always portrays herself as strong and capable of making good solid decisions that usually pan out for her....just as she thought they would.
    Must be a little pressure from Bravo for this part of the storyline otherwise, I just don't see Lisa hiring him.

Friday nights on TLC is usually devoted to weddings....they show "Say Yes to the Dress" "Four Weddings" "My Big Fat Gyspy Wedding" etc. and just this past Friday night they showed a Say Yes takeoff out of Beverly Hills. The same wedding planner that we saw on RHOBH is a featured character on the show and, naturally, is billed as the greatest wedding planner in the BH area. So I can see Lisa hiring him, whether she will go along with everything he wants remains to be seen. I can see where he may want something done his way and Lisa saying "Rubbish" to it!

Hi CoCo46, the couple's friend put it on and paid for it the way engagement parties are traditionally done. On the positive side(1)it is the thought that counts and (2) there was good intention and (3) he did not have to throw a party. Using positive thoughts to empower the good.

"remember one thing". I love that.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-03-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Kim's "boyfriend" doesn't seem so bad to me. I'm someone who has bad allergy problems and would hate to believe that people would think I'm on something just because I sniffle alot. He may be a really good guy. I hold off on any further opinion until we see more of him.

i too will hold off on my opinion on Kims new boyfriend, but Kim was like night and day between the date and the one on one interview. She seemed "normal" on the date, but all wacked out in her one on one. Wonder the time difference, as I thought I had heard a lot of the one on ones are done near the end of the season (she has been wearing that hideous gold bowtie top for the last few episodes)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought the scene with Russell was valuable, and allowed for an easier transition to his absence. I think it showed the state of the relationship, at that point.

And, with Kim and her man, maybe it's all about the "s-e-c-k-s"! That is a yuck thought, but a real possibility. You never know what "hidden talents" some people might value in others! You know, some things just ought not to be thought about!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Hi CoCo46, the couple's friend put it on and paid for it the way engagement parties are traditionally done. On the positive side(1)it is the thought that counts and (2) there was good intention and (3) he did not have to throw a party. Using positive thoughts to empower the good.

"remember one thing". I love that.
    Thanks for the info. I guess I missed all that!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I thought the scene with Russell was valuable, and allowed for an easier transition to his absence. I think it showed the state of the relationship, at that point.
    I also thought the scene with Russell was very telling. He became almost paranoid in his questioning about Lisa. I'm sure Lisa knows a lot of people in Beverly Hills...why would she feel a need to blab about Russell all over town, especially since the problems were common knowledge. Mauricio and Kyle looked like they didn't know what to think about it all. At the time I'm sure the dinner was organized by Bravo as another mechanism of showing the state of Taylor and Russell's marriage. Bravo admitted this season focused heavily on the Armstrong's failing relationship, but I think the moment reflected more about Russell who was already floundering and in his last days.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I also thought the scene with Russell was very telling. He became almost paranoid in his questioning about Lisa. I'm sure Lisa knows a lot of people in Beverly Hills...why would she feel a need to blab about Russell all over town, especially since the problems were common knowledge. Mauricio and Kyle looked like they didn't know what to think about it all. At the time I'm sure the dinner was organized by Bravo as another mechanism of showing the state of Taylor and Russell's marriage. Bravo admitted this season focused heavily on the Armstrong's failing relationship, but I think the moment reflected more about Russell who was already floundering and in his last days.
    I think Mauricio and Kyle were trying to figure out how Russell and Taylor expected them to react, and where this conversation was going.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread