+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 518 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree3128Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I like Kyle. I'm not going to judge her relationship with Kim other to say that it's pretty dysfunctional, because it's been building for decades, and is way too deep to really see everything about it on this TV show. But I like that she's so involved with her kids, and she seems to mainly take care of them herself. I also liked that she mentioned about the birthday party being a family event - they were all celebrating her daughter.

Speaking of the birthday parties, I actually thought the one Kyle threw was lovely. It was family oriented and clearly designed with the little girl in mind. If you have the money, I think it's very sweet to do things like this for your kids. They won't be kids forever, and as long as they know they'll have to work hard when they grow up, why not let them have some fun?

Taylor's party made me so sad for her little girl. Her daughter didn't even seem to feel comfortable with her at all. And the comment she made about Lisa preferring to spend money on a nice pair of shoes than her kids, trying to make herself look more family oriented was really awful.

I really like Lisa a lot.

I'm no fan of Camille but as far as Kelsey "putting up with her" you all know that Kelsey Grammar is a bit of a tool himself, right? He's hooked up with a lot of loser women, in the past. He's no prize!

FORT Fogey

The pair of them are both awful. I give no more credit to one than I do the other.

The thing that stays with me the most from this episode is Taylor's little daughter's reaction to the whole party. My heart still breaks remembering her on that swing, alone, with her nanny, while mom is having a high ol' time. Taylor's daughter didn't even cling to her, when she refuesed to be part of the whole thing. I've seen (and had kids) who don't want to do something but it didn't appear to me that her mother was the safe place to be. That's odd for a 4 year old. Their parents are everything to them at that age.
    The fact that it was her daughter's birthday and the main reason for the party didn't even seem to play a part with Taylor.

It makes me think that maybe when I see all the exploits that Paris Hilton is part of, I should remember what kind of family life she might have had. I know that statement is really jumping to conclusions and maybe taking generalities too far but having a woman like Taylor as a mom, cannot produce a well balanced child. Just might produce a child always looking for attention and love. I know there are exceptions but not usually. Just very sad.

FORT Fogey

I'm so glad you noticed that about Taylor's daughter too! Even if it was still way too over-the-top and not child centered, you'd be able to tell if she at least felt that her mother would be comforting. She didn't.

I think you're probably right about Paris Hilton. The dysfunction of the two sisters who are related to her is really sad. It seems as though Kyle is determined to give her kids a different life, and so is Kim, but Kim is suffering much more because of their childhood than is Kyle.

Taylor - Obviously threw the BD party for herself. I also wonder whatever happened to Pin-The-Tail-On-The-Donkey! Over-kill, and egotistical is putting it mildly.

Klye is beautiful but rude and abnoxious.

Lisa - Seems down to earth without a clue what is going on. Too bad she has to put up with Lisa.

Camille? OMG - Enough said!

Lisa? I like her the most so far. However, if she pulls a Lauri Waring on us by exploiting her adopted sons drug issues, I'll pull the plug.

Adrienne - Haven't decided, yet.

What I have determined is the BH people are no different than any of the others. The only thing that separates them from (all) the rest is their REAL money can't buy them class either.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4098802;
    Wow, talk about excessive, huh?
    Both parties seemed over the top and unnecessary to me. But, of the 2, Kyle's did seem to focus on fun and family.
    I really liked Lisa even more in this episode. She seems very real and I like her attitude with her kids.
    I like Kyle, but i really don't care for how she is around Kim. It's just too mean girl for me.
    I like that Adrienne seems to spend time with her kids. I do wish she'd lay off all the plastic surgery she's done to her face and peel away some of that makeup. It gives her an overly scary look, IMO.
    I could not believe Camille going on about how she has 30% more to do than the other "busy" housewives. WTF does this woman do that is hard?!! She's got 4 nannies, a house manager, an assistant and various sycophant "friends" who seem to be getting paid to kiss her butt.
    And what is up with all the charitable stuff she's done and her "generousity" and her "saving" Kelsey for 13 years?
    People who are truly charitable and altruistic DON'T need to go on about it endlessly. They just do it.
    You'd think Camille was the reincarnation of Mother Teresa from the way she talks about herself....

Buttahfly,

I can't stand this woman, either. I have no idea how Kelsey put up with her for as many years as he did.
    As far as the boobs, those definitely have implants in them still. I think she's either totally delusional or thinks the audience must be!

Her comment about keeping Kelsey sober for 12 years is a joke. No on keeps someone else sober just like no one gets makes someone be a drunk. She is full of it. It's a wonder he still is with her around.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4100000;
    Taylor - Obviously threw the BD party for herself. I also wonder whatever happened to Pin-The-Tail-On-The-Donkey! Over-kill, and egotistical is putting it mildly.

Klye is beautiful but rude and abnoxious.

Lisa - Seems down to earth without a clue what is going on. Too bad she has to put up with Lisa.

Camille? OMG - Enough said!

Lisa? I like her the most so far. However, if she pulls a Lauri Waring on us by exploiting her adopted sons drug issues, I'll pull the plug.

Adrienne - Haven't decided, yet.

What I have determined is the BH people are no different than any of the others. The only thing that separates them from (all) the rest is their REAL money can't buy them class either.
    Ooopsie! Let me correct my mistakes.

1) It's Kyle not Klye
    2). It's Kim, Kyle sister who is down to earth but cluelesss.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4096460;
    House manager...god that takes me back to going to college at UCLA. I worked as a nanny and house manager during my college years for the "elite". Its amazing how many of the rich and successful couples go through their staff. Especially when the rich and successful one is the husband, and the wife isn't. Should write a book a la The Nanny Diaries...god, I nearly forgot about those 4 years....wishful thinking? lol Camille, to me, is the typical housewife in West L.A. for the typical Hollywood actor/director/producer; they almost always take full credit for their husband's accomplishments and sincerely believe that their man would be nothing without the wives input. And when the marriage dissolves, the woman is only left with the reality of the situation: she was/is just a shell of a human being. It's sad.
    Definitely NOT WLA -- it's where I am -- It really is Beverly Hills/Malibu/Hollywood Hills/and elite parts of the Valley and that ilk -- although it's on the west side of Los Angeles. And the movie/music industry is a different animal. There's nothing surprising on RHOBH. Others around the country never exposed to it before, so everyone shocked. As you know, they DO think they need these managers and nannies. It's a different way of life. However, there are many wives of high end doctors and attorneys and miscellaneous other rich people who are no different than these housewives. It's what they do. Majority don't stay grounded and yet some do.

Fortunately, there are some who have more money than we can count and still down to earth. When watching the Osbournes, you often saw all their "people" working in the kitchen or in the background, but that family never put on airs (obviously) and never got that rap.

The Maloof gal certainly doesn't need her husband's money -- he's in Beverly Hills and am sure he could live nicely even without her ($$$$ wise). So, it is what it is.

Money talks -- and that's it. Do agree with you that some of these situations are sad -- but am sure the female doesn't think so. With all that money, with or without the guy, divorce probably more tolerable. Kelsey never stopped playing around even with all his marriages and other kids(s) out of wedlock while still married to another.

Don't think it's fair Camille should get the bad rap that I've seen around the internet. Oh well, guess it's better than having to read "I hate Danielle." LOL
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;4098764;
    Uggh - makes me sick that Taylor spent 60K on a stupid birthday party. I don't care if one has the money or not. Why not spend 10K on a party (this figure alone makes my head spin!) and donate the remaining 50K to a charity in her daughter's name?
    I agree, but $60,000 to them isn't the same to us who don't have that kind of "spare change."

It is very common for celebrities to have over-the-top birthday parties out here -- that's why there are companies out here who cater to that type of customer. Rodeo Drive isn't there for nothing -- there are extremely expensive stores all over the place because there are beaucoups people who can afford them. So, this party didn't shock me -- well, "shock" meaning I didn't learn anything new -- just another frivolous party for a young kid who doesn't even know what's going on.

I guess it would be sad if those housewives didn't have the money and yet went into debt to show off for their friends...........can you say Teresa Giudice?

So, don't begrudge them blowing their money this way -- it just doesn't give the kid any values and I do hope they learn the value of a dollar when they get older.

One thing I remember is Kim Kardashian saying they had money growing up and they got what they got; however, if they wanted special things, it was not given to them -- they had to go out and work for it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread