+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3014Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I've come to accept that the RH shows are scripted reality. Its sad because they were so fun to watch the first couple of years. Yes, it took me a long time to see the truth lol.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I did not find Kim rude. She must be carrying pain...
    Kim and Kyle were both extremely rude. Why is irrelevant. To make fun of someone's attire, announce that you don't like them, that you don't want them on your team, etc., are examples rude and childish behaviors.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I think that why a person is being rude is relevant though. Whether its drugs or something else, Kim is clearly going through something. I think the women on the show who know her the best recognize this, which is why they are more patient with her. She upset Adrienne when they went to the Kings game, but Adrienne let it roll off her back considering the source. At Dana's house, Taylor seemed to stay quiet and out of the whole thing, recognizing the issues Kim is facing. Camille also resisted being pulled into it for the same reasons. Brandi can be given some benefit of the doubt for not reacting like the other women, because she doesn't know Kim as well. But if she knew enough of her background from last season to suspect drug use, then she knew enough to know some of the issues she's facing. Sometimes circumstances can explain behavior even if they don't excuse it.

Haven't really kept up with this show much. Did watch a bit yesterday. If Kim is suffering from depression & anxiety that would explain her frequent trips to the bathroom. Sometimes...well alot of times...you feel the need to be alone and cry. Been there...done that so I can relate. Crying in front of these women would be like waving red meat infront of a pack of hungry wolves.
    Who is/was this Brandi person? Yes I know she was married to Leann Rimes future ex husband but who was she, why would I know her & why would I care?

Saw the Dr Phil interview with Russell's sister the other day. Why can't they just let this man rest in peace already? While I'm not at all buying Taylor's grieving widow part I also don't buy that Russell was murdered like his sister claims. Give it a rest.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kim got my sympathy vote last season when it seemed that she was on the receiving end of Kyle and Taylor's hammers. Last episode, however, she and her sister were the Mean Girls. No excuses for their behavior, in my opinion. In fact, they were so childish and loud that it reminded me of them in the airport with Lisa - and how Lisa looked so frustrated with how they were behaving. Kyle and Kim have really turned me off this season - I only think Regina George and Gretchen Weiners when I see them now.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Wow...I seriously cannot stomach Dana. She acts like a moron, and if she ever looses her "money", she'll find herself friendless.

Brandi certainly has my sympathy/empathy after viewing this last episode, and with respect to the BBQ episode, some people choose not to disipline their children in public, rather, they do so in private. She very well could've explained to her son that it wasn't proper to urinate on someones/anyones lawn. LOL

Kim...Kim...Kim. Cannot stomach her either anymore. She must be on mega prescription meds.

I finally saw the Dr. Phil show with Russell's sister.
    While I do think that Russell probably took his own life, I do understnad how the sister and Russell's family and friends could have felt / are feeling.
    Having gone through suicide in my family, it is devastating to both family and friends.
    I still, though, can't stand Taylor and am just not buying her crocodile tears.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My observations:
    - Kim and Kyle were definitely "Mean Girls" and Brandi was their target. Kyle started it at the BBQ and made up her mind she didn't like Brandi from the first time she met her at that charity dinner, when they were all saying nasty things about her, which she heard.

- Kyle was shocked and felt Brandi was horrible saying the word "c@ck" at the BBQ....this coming from someone who throws around the F-bomb whenever she's angry.

- Nobody even tried to make small talk while they waited for rude Kim to arrive. It's easy to do, especially when there are new people in the group..Just ask them questions to get to know them.

- Why did Kim need to take her purse to the bathroom each time she went?

- Why did she need to keep repairing her makeup when you're at an all girl party?

I'm older than dirt and I don't think I've ever seen this kind of immature behavior (Kyle and Kim) since high school. I think they are told by TPTB to take any small annoyance and take it to the extreme for drama for viewers.
    No, I'm wrong. I have seen this kind of behavior. It was on the Jerry Springer show!!! Not something I would expect from Bev Hills.

But, of course, I'll still watch it because while I'm watching, I'm believing it's not scripted and that's fun. It's later when it dawns on me that it's not real.
    SugarMama likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Call Jeff Foxworthy. I think there is a new joke for his "You Might Be A Redneck" act! Brandi just letting her undisciplined son urinate on the lawn was a sure qualifier! Those are definitely behaviors that need to be addressed in the moment, when they happen, unless she thinks what he did is more about HER than about HIM. Do the kid a favor and give him some boundaries!

Come on, now............
    Moontat and sparklete like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My husband asked where the nice yoga person went when I was talking about some other topic. I will try to summon her back. It is always nice to be kind. So she is Lee Ann Rhymes hubby's first wife. I am sorry for her pain....genuinely. The clothing remark was unexpected...still makes me laugh. I am just currently not feeling the new girls. May be I will warm up to them later on. I am liking Camille more. Who knows what people will do when they are stressed.

+ Reply to Thread