+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3121Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Wow, that Brandi was something, wasn't she?!! That comment she made about Lisa being.....like 60 years old....must have really stung Lisa when she watched it!
    Well, Lisa IS getting up there in age, and she looks fabulous in spite of her age. Poor Brandi doesn't seem to realize that she herself is also going to be 60 one day, and then 70, and then 80, etc. I don't get it when people put other people down because they are getting "old" --- We're ALL getting old, and we're ALL going to be "old people" one day! Including the very people who stand in judgment of others because they're aging. That is so absurd that it knocks my socks off!!! EVERYBODY gets old! Get over it! I mean really, what's the alternative? To die at age 35 and be a beautiful corpse?????

FORT Fogey

I was NOT a fan of Lisa's last season. While I didn't mind that she wasn't a fan of Taylor's, I did mind how she treated Kim. As this season is going along, I think she's been gentler with Kim but we've also been seeing how difficult Kim can be some times (I was very disappointed in how selfish and childish she behaved during the trip with Adrienne).

And while she may have a holier-than-thou demeanor, she is genuine in her beliefs, and I do think she cares.

-----

Two things I've noticed about this season....the wives are being nicer to Kim and more distant with Taylor. Filming was to have begun right after the last season ended. The wives are either responding to the footage or to the public's outcry - or likely both.

Either way, Lisa has been more gentle with Kim and Taylor has made it clear that it is a "me" vs. "they" scenario with the other wives. Compare with last year when she was trying to buddy up with Kyle and get Adrienne to be the godmother of her daughter. There is definately a wedge between her and the others that wasn't there last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I was NOT a fan of Lisa's last season. While I didn't mind that she wasn't a fan of Taylor's, I did mind how she treated Kim. As this season is going along, I think she's been gentler with Kim but we've also been seeing how difficult Kim can be some times (I was very disappointed in how selfish and childish she behaved during the trip with Adrienne).

And while she may have a holier-than-thou demeanor, she is genuine in her beliefs, and I do think she cares...
    I've always like Taylor. I don't see her attitude as "holier than thou" but rather one of maturity. For example, I could completely understand how she'd be irritated at Kim and Kyle's childish behavior at the airport and on the plane: cackling, shouting, yucking it up. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in public or being associated with it...I wouldn't want my children behaving that way, either. It's just how I was raised. Probably Lisa, too. Just my opinion
    mayamaisha likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I thought it was so funny that "Princess Lisa" got snot in her face from one child and tried to wipe it off with the dress of another.
    Debb70 likes this.

How old is Lisa? Some say 48 and some, 50. I thought she was older...she looks older to me although extremely beautiful.
    Even ol' Ken has a fabulous look to him. I wonder if that's all his hair or not.
    I think Lisa (and Ken) see themselves as more elevated in class and status than the rest of the cast....or maybe their British way is influencing me. I always get the impression that Lisa is looking down at the others, tolerating them at most. I don't think she really dislikes any of them but "sometimes you just have to mingle with the riff-raff."

This is kind of off topic but there is footage of Lisa from the '80s. I don't know if I am allowed to link it or not but it is on the internet. Evidently she was in a music video for Poison Arrow by ABC. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I feel very old because I actually have the album (and I mean ALBUM not CD or mp3 file to the whippersnappers out there).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    How old is Lisa? Some say 48 and some, 50. I thought she was older...she looks older to me although extremely beautiful.
    Even ol' Ken has a fabulous look to him. I wonder if that's all his hair or not.
    I think Lisa (and Ken) see themselves as more elevated in class and status than the rest of the cast....or maybe their British way is influencing me. I always get the impression that Lisa is looking down at the others, tolerating them at most. I don't think she really dislikes any of them but "sometimes you just have to mingle with the riff-raff."
    I read she just turned 51. I think she looks darn good and the saying about fine wine really applies here.
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I've always like Taylor. I don't see her attitude as "holier than thou" but rather one of maturity. For example, I could completely understand how she'd be irritated at Kim and Kyle's childish behavior at the airport and on the plane: cackling, shouting, yucking it up. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in public or being associated with it...I wouldn't want my children behaving that way, either. It's just how I was raised. Probably Lisa, too. Just my opinion
    That should have been "Lisa" - duh
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    That should have been "Lisa" - duh
    I thought that is what you meant but wasn't sure *LOL*

I'm 50-cough-ish. I actually think I look better now that I did in my 40's. Listen to this one, last week I got my hair colored & cut. I went from long & blonde to short & brunette and other than my sons, only my FedEX driver noticed the change. Maybe people have noticed but maybe they are being polite. I went from slightly aging Malibu Barbie(minus the boobs) to Mad Men secretary...BIG difference but I LOVE it.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 09-30-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

here is the Poison Arrow video with Lisa -- I think she looks very much the same.

Poison Arrow by ABC Music Video on Yahoo! Music

+ Reply to Thread