+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2997Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Watching the new episode right now. I can't figure out if Kim is drunk or on pills but either way it is so awkward watching everyone act so uneasy and ignore the elephant in the room. I'm especially thrown off by how angry Adrienne's husband seems to be about her.

I am very interested to see where this story with Taylor goes and if she finds out who really leaked the story about her and Russel. Makes me go hmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion View Post
    Watching the new episode right now. I can't figure out if Kim is drunk or on pills but either way it is so awkward watching everyone act so uneasy and ignore the elephant in the room. I'm especially thrown off by how angry Adrienne's husband seems to be about her.

I am very interested to see where this story with Taylor goes and if she finds out who really leaked the story about her and Russel. Makes me go hmmmmmm....
    Kim was definitely on something. With the way she acts and the rapid talking, I am thinking the new girl's accusation about her using crystal meth might have some merit. I would be pretty ticked off at her for showing up late and being high on top of that. It is pretty awkward seeing them all try to ignore it. It is pretty obvious they all know what is going on and they are trying to be silent about it. Bravo is definitely not covering up her substance abuse this time around.

As for the story with Taylor, I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor leaked the story about her and Russell.

Watching the new episode right now. I can't figure out if Kim is drunk or on pills but either way it is so awkward watching everyone act so uneasy and ignore the elephant in the room. I'm especially thrown off by how angry Adrienne's husband seems to be about her...
    I'm glad you mentioned that, I've thought the same thing. In the prior episode, when Kim was late to meet Adrienne at the airport, she said the power had gone out...obviously confused, showed up frazzled, conversation was all over the place One could say then she was "intoxicated" (as Paul has said) - but what struck me was Kim seemed to be the same way hours later. Doesn't being drunk either wear off or lead one to sleep? She just seemed to be flying high and long...not as any alcohol I've ever had -- either I'll get tipsy, then get sleepy...or it'll just wear off slowly.

I've been confused as to what's affecting Kim, I'm no expert. I have a friend who was an alcoholic and when he quit, his doctor prescribed an anti-seizure drug, anti-depressants, and xanax for the occasional panic attack. Sometimes his speech would be very slurred, even though he'd not been drinking. Could this be going on with Kim? Drugs? Alcohol?

One thing's for sure - it isn't normal, from my experience at least. Hope someone can shed some light on her behavior.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    ...As for the story with Taylor, I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor leaked the story about her and Russell.
    Taylor's "story" on the Housewives has been following the same path as Tamra...last season devoted to her victim status, bad Russell, poor Taylor, boo-hoo....... and this season's filming occurred. So far we've seen: Taylor was shown having to leave a party because of Russell, complaining Russell didn't want to have fun, that mean Russell bought Kennedy a puppy that upstaged her own gift of diamonds to her 4-year old (then getting rid of the puppy), complaining that Russell didn't like to go to parties and have fun, surprising everyone (ahem) that she's an advocate for domestic violence victims, crying that she's unhappy, telling Lisa and others she's not eating yet getting upset when they discuss it with her, etc.

End filming for Season 2. The stage has been set...Taylor files for divorce, HaHa! Great lead in for Season 3 (yet to be filmed). Except Russell commits suicide before Season 2 even airs. Dang.

Taylor (formerly Shauna) was a made-up persona in my opinion. She changed her name, appearance, chased a Beverly Hills lifestyle, married a man who could give it to her, but when things began to disintegrate financially, her dreams crashing and Russell's money vanishing, she hitched her wagon to a star called Real Housewives, hoping to once again grab the brass ring. He signed on to help, but it was more than he bargained for. Did he abuse? Did she take advantage?

I'll stop there because it's purely conjecture and my opinion. But I'll believe otherwise when I see it. As we've all said, the children are the innocents who suffer in this.

My sympathy level for Taylor/Shauna is about a 5 on a 10-point scale.
    livin4reality likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I noticed that too! For me if I stop drinking I don't stay intoxicated for that long. Hours later even after the game, as you said, she still seemed to be just as out of it as she was when she arrived at the airport. Very peculiar. I already am anticipating the reunion where Andy will probably ask her straight up what she was on.....I for one will be SHOCKED if it's crystal meth.....I'm thinking its probably something like Oxycodene or pills of the sort.

And personally I thought all the women seemed to be just looking for a reason to hate the new housewife. She knew Cedric from 15 years beforehand, using that as a reason to ostracize her was weak and to me just an excuse cause they already wanted to dislike and hate on her. I can totally see the original women being nasty to any new woman being entered into the fold cause they don't wanna share the spotlight. But that's just my observation.

We'll never know the true story about Taylor and Russell but I base my opinions on all that I've seen and heard from Taylor herself. I don't think there is just one villian in this story. Both contributed to the demise of the marriage and there's a lot we don't know about their business ventures, Russell's sexuality, how they treated each other, etc. I also think they were both good "con men" who played a game with a lot of people (and their money).
    I don't know if Russell was physcially abusive or not but for the sake of my daughter, I, personally, would not be painting him as black as she is since she is a media personality. What she says is heard by millions.
    What is the advantage of making sure the whole world knows he was a wife beater? How does that help her daughter?
    If she was the one who had killed him, then it would be important for her to reveal that he beat her and it was self defense.

Although I still will not entirely call a wife of an abuser as totally innocent and blameless. I do believe that after the shock and disbelief wears off that there is help out there for these women. I'm not saying in any way, that the wife deserves any physical punishment at all!!! But I do think that women can and are strong enough to leave this sick relationship. I realize it takes awhile to actually believe the person you love is this sick and it isn't a one-time occurance. JMHO
    livin4reality likes this.

FORT Fogey

Kim definitely behaves oddly, but I thought that most of the issue last night was that she didn't understand how serious the event was for Adrienne. I think Kim just thought they were going to a basketball game for a fun time. Adrienne tried to explain what a big deal it was because of the possibility of the team moving. But Kim doesn't appear to be a sports fan, and I think she didn't get it. Everyone else with Adrienne was focused on what a stressful event it was for her, and Kim was clueless to that, thinking she was just going out for a fun tim with friends.
    SugarMama likes this.

I noticed that too! For me if I stop drinking I don't stay intoxicated for that long. Hours later even after the game, as you said, she still seemed to be just as out of it as she was when she arrived at the airport. Very peculiar. I already am anticipating the reunion where Andy will probably ask her straight up what she was on.....I for one will be SHOCKED if it's crystal meth.....I'm thinking its probably something like Oxycodene or pills of the sort.

And personally I thought all the women seemed to be just looking for a reason to hate the new housewife. She knew Cedric from 15 years beforehand, using that as a reason to ostracize her was weak and to me just an excuse cause they already wanted to dislike and hate on her. I can totally see the original women being nasty to any new woman being entered into the fold cause they don't wanna share the spotlight. But that's just my observation.
    My guess is Kim has several drugs of choice. You would be surprised at some of the people who use meth. I don't know if that is what that is but she has shown signs of being on uppers. It is a tragic situation though. I remember her as an actress and it is a shame to see how fragile she is and to see her addictions.

I thought it was weak as well why they were wanting to hate the new girl. Just because she knew Cedric from 15 years before or has even been spotted with him shouldn't reflect on her. Even if he became her new professional house guest I don't think that is a reason to hate her--i think it just makes her gullible like Lisa. She might be interesting to watch. I bet she stirrs up a lot of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    ....I thought it was weak as well why they were wanting to hate the new girl. Just because she knew Cedric from 15 years before or has even been spotted with him shouldn't reflect on her. Even if he became her new professional house guest I don't think that is a reason to hate her--i think it just makes her gullible like Lisa. She might be interesting to watch. I bet she stirrs up a lot of drama.
    I agree, and it was just horrible to be going on right in front of her. But then, as I often do now, I have to remember that we're not privy to everything that goes on/has gone on between these women. For example, at the airport and on the plane ride on the Colorado trip, Lisa seemed especially ticked off at Kyle/Kim, making me wonder if something occurred we didn't see. Same here with Brandi. There just seems to be more than meets the eye.

In the season preview (before Russell's suicide), it showed a HUGE blowup and a lot of venom spewed towards Brandi which, unless something develops soon, makes me wonder if there aren't underlying issues - and maybe that's why she was brought in in the first place We'll see I hope!

I'm curious as to how Kim supports herself, besides income from the show. Does she get alimony? Maybe she gets royalties from some of her old tv shows or movies, but I can't see it amounting to much. Here's a trailer from a movie Kim was in as a child. Escape From Witch Mountain. She was so cute!
    Escape to Witch Mountain - YouTube

I think Taylor was overblowing the gossip blog about her marital problems and her losing weight. Anyone with eyes could see she was losing weight. And talk about confidentiality clauses; I bet the housewives have them so they don't spill the beans on issues before Bravo wants them to. I do believe Taylor about her abuse though. I don't fault her for going public. Secrets about domestic violence cannot be good. I think every person has the right to speak their truth, especially if they have been abused. I'm still not a Taylor fan though.

I'm trying to decided if Adrienne really wanted to connect with the fans or if she was just trying to show how important she is. Hmmmmm......

+ Reply to Thread