+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3133Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I just saw the Dr. Phil episode.
    While I do think there is truth to it, I just really have a problem with how she's handling all of this. Also the fact that she referred to herself as a "public figure" almost too gleefully for my liking, just gives me pause.
    Still don't like the fact that she's writing a book and totally do not believe that she went on the show so he would not be able to do anything in public. She's very much into fame and very at ease with the cameras. I'm just not buying her total cowering victim story. She enjoys playing the victim far too much, IMO.
    I am also sad that Russell is not around to refute any of these claims.
    Lastly, I am weary of people who claim "verbal and / or emotional abuse."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I just saw the Dr. Phil episode.
    While I do think there is truth to it, I just really have a problem with how she's handling all of this. Also the fact that she referred to herself as a "public figure" almost too gleefully for my liking, just gives me pause.
    Still don't like the fact that she's writing a book and totally do not believe that she went on the show so he would not be able to do anything in public. She's very much into fame and very at ease with the cameras. I'm just not buying her total cowering victim story. She enjoys playing the victim far too much, IMO.
    I am also sad that Russell is not around to refute any of these claims.
    Agreed on all points.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I will never question somebody's claims of verbal and/or emotional abuse until I am privvy to what is going on behind that closed door. I just don't think it's fair. They are living with situations that I am not. I just feel strongly about this whole subject. I give more credit to the person who is behind that door, within the realm of what possibly makes sense, than anything else. And I also believe in looking in who seems to have the physical and psychological power.

I have known a man who was abused before, but that has not been the norm. If I hadn't witnessed it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it....but there was just something about seeing him being chased with a butcher knife that was undeniable. When he died (in his 30s, and it wasn't by HER hand), the Womens' Abuse Shelter (where he was a volunteer) sent flowers. I've learned that you just cannot assume what is going on. He never did complain about her, but his nickname for her was The Warhorse.
    buttahfly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lisa Vanderpump Sells Her Mega Mansion; Says 'It's Just Too Big For Ken And Me' | Radar Online

Lisa sold her mansion for $19 million -- nice to see a truly wealthy housewife! Wonder how she and Ken and the pooches will make do in a smaller place, only 10,000 square feet? I think it was a wise decision, however - too much house for two, sell it while you can!
    mom2 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I was skeptical of Taylor's allegations in the beginning too. Now, I believe her. I was once involved with an abuser. MOST people in the community thought he was a WONDERFUL person. They would have NEVER believed what he was like behind closed doors. Only a few close friends ever saw the monster unleashed. So, I know it can happen.

I suspect that the reason Taylor is telling so much now, is that she wants to get it all out in the open, so that it will free Bravo to air as much of their original episodes as possible. If she gets it all out there, then it saves Bravo from the brunt of backlash if they were the first ones to release it. That's JMO.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Please don't misunderstand.
    I am not saying that Russell is totally guilt free and I'm not absolving him of everything.
    I'm just saying I don't believe, in this case, she was a "total victim" and I'm just tired of her playing the victim role.
    Starbucks880 and SugarMama like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Question: Would you trade places with her....the good AND the bad (if any)??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm happy being myself.
    I would not want to be her, because to me she is extremely insecure and unhappy with herself.
    I think far too many women, and men, look to other people to bring them happiness.
    Others can complement you, but YOU are the only one who can bring yourself happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Not for one second would I ever want to change places with her...not for all the designer shoes, purses, clothes, expensive cars or homes. Trust me I lived Taylor's life. My ex threw me down steps & I ended up having to have spinal surgery done. He picked me up at the hospital a few days later, dropped me off at my Mom so she could take care of me. It was then, with just the jammies I had from being in the hospital to my name, I called an attorney & then made an appointment with a shrink. I knew I had to take care of myself physically & emotionally. I spent several years in therapy & cried myself to sleep many nights.
    Taylor can change her name, her face & body but until she comes to grip with who she is & deal with it, she is gong to be one very lost soul. My heart aches for Kennedy. She is the innocent one here. Instead of spending a fortune on plastic surgery, clothes & trying to live the Beverly Hills life style, the Armstrongs should have spent their money on therapy. Just my 2 cents.

And for the record I am still not totally buying the entire Dr Phil story.
    livin4reality and SugarMama like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread