+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Call me gullible, but I was very surprised by the depth of Taylor's responses to Dr. Phil -- by her revelations, by her frankness, by her feelings of lack of self-worth, and by her willingness to "go there." I was also very moved by her description of what living with Russell was like, and frankly, from what she said and everything that I've read that's been said by other people, I believed her. EVEN IF she did put a spin on what her life with him was like, the way she was treated was just not okay! I give her a lot of credit for doing this interview with Dr Phil, as compared to one of the usual 'celebrity interviewers' because whatever you all think of Dr Phil --- he DOES ask the hard questions, he always has the ability to zero right in on the issues, and he does, essentially, make the person he's interviewing really look at themselves and respond to those hard questions.

That was a very moving hour!
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's just not that easy for many women. Wish it was as simple as it seems like it could be.
    buttahfly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Call me gullible, but I was very surprised by the depth of Taylor's responses to Dr. Phil -- by her revelations, by her frankness, by her feelings of lack of self-worth, and by her willingness to "go there." I was also very moved by her description of what living with Russell was like, and frankly, from what she said and everything that I've read that's been said by other people, I believed her. EVEN IF she did put a spin on what her life with him was like, the way she was treated was just not okay! I give her a lot of credit for doing this interview with Dr Phil, as compared to one of the usual 'celebrity interviewers' because whatever you all think of Dr Phil --- he DOES ask the hard questions, he always has the ability to zero right in on the issues, and he does, essentially, make the person he's interviewing really look at themselves and respond to those hard questions.

That was a very moving hour!
    You're not gullible, I agree with you 100%. I believed everything she said and I believe Dr. Phil did also. A very powerful interview.
    Debb70 likes this.

Sincere questions - did they address why she is going public now - why she is choosing this avenue to deal with things? And did they address what Kennedy does and does not know - both about Russell's death and about the abuse?

I was in an abusive marriage for 25 years so I do get it. I know all too well. I am just not buying Taylor 100%. The only time I noticed true & genuine tears was when she was talking an Kennedy. There was alot of sibbing but not so much on the tear side. Didn't Taylor run her own PR company?

Why am I being do dang skeptical? Deep in the back of my mind I hear "storyline". Taylor never saw his body, closed casket funeral, quick cremation....off shore bank accounts. Hey this wouldn't be the first time someone faked their own death. I am not saying this is what happened....but I teeny fraction in the back of my head keeps thinking that could always be possible.

Ack...nevermind....I am totall wrong here.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Sincere questions - did they address why she is going public now - why she is choosing this avenue to deal with things? And did they address what Kennedy does and does not know - both about Russell's death and about the abuse?

I haven't watched Dr. Phil since the first year he started, but did watch this. I think that for the most part Taylor was honest - though I think that she is still processing a lot of her life with Russell, the suicide, and how her life lead to her marriage with Russell. That said I did think that the sobbing with respect to Russell's suicide wasn't sincere - or maybe it is related to something besides Russell. I could understand saddened, regretful, worried - but grief struck? It didn't strike the right tone with me.

According to Taylor (and the 911 call linked to earlier in this thread), even though Kennedy was there when her father's body was discovered, she did not see her father nor does she know that he committed suicide. Taylor said that she told Kennedy that her father had gotten sick and passed away. Taylor's description of Kennedy's response as "matter of fact" was odd though. I'd be very worried if my child's response was "matter of fact" about her father's death. Taylor also said that Kennedy had not witnessed any of the physical abuse but did start to witness the verbal abuse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kennedy, like a lot of children, heard the yelling. I was left with the impression that Kennedy was in the car with an assistant when Russell's body was actually found. Little kids don't actually understand death, so I can understand her reaction. I thought her mother handled the situation adequately; she will be providing more age-appropriate information as Kennedy gets older, for years.

I can also understand the closed casket, since Russell had been dead for more than 24 hours. The body decomposes quicker than you might think, and, I believe, it was reported that his head was just about off....which would make sense.

I liked that Taylor admitted that part of her was relieved that this was OVER. Taylor has a lot of internal work to do. I can understand not being grief-struck over the demise of the person who had caused you so much pain. Made TOTAL sense to me. I'm sure it's a relief to be "out from under".
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    I haven't watched Dr. Phil since the first year he started, but did watch this. I think that for the most part Taylor was honest - though I think that she is still processing a lot of her life with Russell, the suicide, and how her life lead to her marriage with Russell. That said I did think that the sobbing with respect to Russell's suicide wasn't sincere - or maybe it is related to something besides Russell. I could understand saddened, regretful, worried - but grief struck? It didn't strike the right tone with me.

According to Taylor (and the 911 call linked to earlier in this thread), even though Kennedy was there when her father's body was discovered, she did not see her father nor does she know that he committed suicide. Taylor said that she told Kennedy that her father had gotten sick and passed away. Taylor's description of Kennedy's response as "matter of fact" was odd though. I'd be very worried if my child's response was "matter of fact" about her father's death. Taylor also said that Kennedy had not witnessed any of the physical abuse but did start to witness the verbal abuse.
    This actually sounds exactly right to me. My daughter is almost 4, so not quite as old as Kennedy but in the ball park. Kids at that age just don't completely get it on the level that we do. But they do get it to a certain extent. And I have also learned that they basically believe and are fine with whatever answer you give them. I've mentioned on other threads my daughter's question when I had to go into the hospital. She asked if I was broken. I just said I was and the doctor would fix me up. She was fine with that. I think with kids that young, it is good to let them kind of lead with language and concepts they understand, and just leave it at that. Unfortunately, Kennedy will have plenty of time in the future to truly understand what happened.

I was convinced that Taylor told the truth for the most part in her Dr. Phil interview. I was in an abusive relationship for about 5 years. Certain things rang true from my dealings with it.

As far as the eye injury goes. I do believe her version of how it happened.

I believe her daughter's reaction too. I was 6 when my grandmother died and she was more like a mother than my actual mother to me. I remember being told she had died and gone to heaven and it just didn't sink it. I could not understand death, so I wasn't upset about it. I went out to play. I recall wishing those around me weren't crying and acting so sad. I didn't cry or feel much about it. I did miss her very much, but I could not process that she would never come back. It was years before it really hit me.

Shana Hughes Ford Taylor Armstrong apparently was abused, apparently by the man she apparently married for money, and she is paying the price. She said on one episode that her relationship with her husband was 80% business and 20% personal. So either she is a liar when she says she had no idea the money problems were so serious, or she is exceptionally stupid. I don't trust her to tell the truth. And yet she does not seem very smart. Wonder where this story is going.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread