+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

If a person admits to "pushing", there is usually more. They are willing to admit to "something", but not everything. It's right up there with a person who is obviously drunk who gets themselves into trouble....one of the standard answers, when asked "how much have you had to drink?", is 2 beers, when it is obvious that they have had much, much more. I've seen it all before.
    buttahfly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Alright. We are 2 or 3 episodes in so far. My general thought at this time (although they are very likely to change as time goes on!):

Kyle - Totally redeeming herself thus far. I do believe Mauricio is a good man and that he loves her a great deal (and she him). Although I wouldn't put it past him to have affairs.

Lisa - Redeeming herself too but at a slower pace.

Camille - Love that she and Kyle seem to have made amends. And, by watching Tayor self-destruct, Camille seems to understand that in the scheme of things, she doesn't have things so bad after all. I like that she understands

Kim - Was my favorite from last season and remains so thus far. I think Kim and Kyle are actually pretty sharp cookies. I also think they have the most sense about them where Taylor's situation is concerned. Kim seems to be the most open minded about Russell based on her comments during the opener, i.e. something about how no one thought to check in with Russell to see how he was doing - and again while in Beaver Creek when she mentioned that Russell was taking measures to ensure Taylor had all she needed for the trip. I don't mean to excuse Russell, but I like that Kim was at least trying to see all sides. I do think she is on pills of some sort, and I hope she gets the help she needs. Nothing is as charming as when she and Kyle are together and getting along.

Taylor - I can't help but think Taylor was on something the night of the dinner party in Beaver Creek. I don't think glassy eyes don't come about during a panic attack. For me, the jury is still out on the Taylor and Russell situation. For today, I think they both had a hand in bad business deals. As far as the domestic violence situation, I just don't trust Taylor enough to believe what she says. As Paul said, there is Taylor's side of the story, Russell's, and the truth. None of us will know for sure what happened there

Adrienne - I liked her last season and still like her. THe Malouf family's business practices have also come under scrutiny. It will be interesting to see how her family fares this season. I am not as charmed by her relationship with Paul as I was last season. Sometimes, I think they are the perfect pair. Mostly, however, I think whatever spark they may have once had is gone. Adrienne is too business-oriented and Paul is too playful.

Husbands - I like all of them. It's clear they don't hang out in general and I think it's great that Paul is a ring-leader of sorts to ensure they get air time! It breaks things up a bit. Too bad Russell didn't seem to bond with them. I almost think he was sort of a lonely guy.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And, everything that was stated above in one poster's paragraph about emotional abuse is exactly that....emotional abuse "distant and non-communicative and non-emotive."
    I guess this is one aspect where we don't agree ...agree to disagree??
    I just don't define emotional abuse as "distant and non-communicative and non-emotive." I think abuse is a much more severe psychologically damaging behavior. Otherwise, to me, it's just a bad marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Lisa - Redeeming herself too but at a slower pace.
    Actually, I see Lisa has showing her true colors more this season and not necessarily, in the best way. Sweet Lisa has a very judgemental and catty way about her but everything is said with a sweet smile and she throws in a "darling" now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Taylor - I can't help but think Taylor was on something the night of the dinner party in Beaver Creek. I don't think glassy eyes don't come about during a panic attack. For me, the jury is still out on the Taylor and Russell situation. For today, I think they both had a hand in bad business deals. As far as the domestic violence situation, I just don't trust Taylor enough to believe what she says. As Paul said, there is Taylor's side of the story, Russell's, and the truth. None of us will know for sure what happened there.
    Totally agree. Combine extremely stressful situation, lack of food, alcohol and drugs and you've got a complete meltdown. I think Taylor was really suffering at the time.

Sorry but double post but forgot to add this.
    I, shamefully, listened to the 911 call (on the radio) when Russell's body was found. I forget who the man was who spoke to the 911 dispatcher but he did mention that Taylor was there with him and so was her daughter when they found Russell. Taylor was talking a lot and crying and I could hear Taylor say "I need to talk to my psychiatrist".
    I heard the man tell her to get her daughter out of there.
    In this video, Taylor makes it sound like she was the strong protective mom and that just wasn't the case. I just don't believe much of anything she says.
    VIDEO: Taylor Armstrong’s interview with ET “In her own words”! | In Case You Didn't Know

FORT Fanatic

Personally, after watching a few of these episodes, and knowing what has happened, I find it too painful to watch Taylor. And this was filmed prior to. She looks awful, acts out of control. I wish they could just take her off.

Another thought, Adrienne and Paul, I like their relationship, but just wonder if this is a clue of things to come. I hope not, but just wondering if we are being shown something. (future separation or divorce)
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    That being said, Taylor needs to stop talking to the press about her relationship with Russell. I won't speculate whether the claims of abuse are true or not. But I will say that if Denise Richards can keep her mouth shut about the crazy train that is the father of her children (Charlie Sheen, for those who don't know) then Taylor can quiet herself for the sake of her daughters.
    Interesting how our memories can be short lived - and how times have changed. I remember when, not so long ago, Denise Richards was one of the most hated and reviled celebrities going through a divorce because of all the PRO Charlie Sheen publicity at that time. (And she was also severely criticized for daring to have her 2 little daughters appear IN THE BACKGROUND of her reality show.) Now, several years later, after we've all found out what a train wreck - whack job Charlie Sheen is, we have come to appreciate Denise, and furthermore, now that many little children have PROMINENT ROLES on a lot of these exploitive reality shows, suddenly Denise having had her kids shown (very tastefully) on occasion, just doesn't seem to even come close to the horror that these current children's roles have become.

Sorry Denise, I think we owe you an apology!
    Debb70 likes this.

I don't know that I agree that Lisa is redeemning herself. I thought she was so funny last season however this season she really has the cattiness going..... even if she does follow it with "dahling".

It's like being from the south, which I am, and following a catty remark with 'bless your heart". You can pretty much say anything if you follow it with "bless your heart".

I personally think Taylor's problem in Beaver Creeek was that she was sh*t faced drunk at a high altitude...bless her heart. (see how that works!) Not to mention it was a very emotional time for her. That doesn't mean I can excuse the business dealings she was apparently part of.

I lived for a time in a Colorado ski town and I can asure you drinking and altitude don't go hand in hand. You have to get used to it.

I love Paul and Adrienne. I think there bickering is just who they are.

I heard on tv last night a spoiler of what the finale episode of this season of HW of Beverly Hills was SUPPOSED to be. I will post it on the Spoiler thread.

I think that it's easy for people to disbelieve abuse allegations, especially, when the supposed victim comes off as greedy or loving the limelight. I suspect that over the course of this season, we may gain more insight as to what was going on with the couple behind the scenes.

If somesome has a long history of domestic violence, including allegations from former spouses, criminal charges, etc, I tend to believe the recent spouse who claims it happened with them too.

Sorry, but the spoiler thread it closed. PM me if you want to know. It has to do with Taylor and Russell and what happened in the finale of the show, BEFORE Russell's suicide.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-22-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    ...I personally think Taylor's problem in Beaver Creeek was that she was sh*t faced drunk at a high altitude...bless her heart. (see how that works!) Not to mention it was a very emotional time for her. That doesn't mean I can excuse the business dealings she was apparently part of.

I lived for a time in a Colorado ski town and I can asure you drinking and altitude don't go hand in hand. You have to get used to it...
    I agree...there was a combination of bad choices/effects going on with the booze (didn't Lisa say she drank a whole bottle of wine?): altitude, hot tub, and not eating. And we don't know (yet), but she could have been on a mild tranquilizer or anti-depressant, too.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Just finished watching Dr Phil. Not sure how/what I am taking away from this. While I do believe Taylor was injured there was so much spin between Taylor & Dr Phil I am not really sure what to think. Disturbing...yet I don't know....doesn't Taylor head an organization that is supposed to help battered women? If so why did she not avail herself of those resources??? How are women supposed to trust her help when she couldn't help herself?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread