+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3016Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Re: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

I checked Dr. PHil's website and Taylor is scheduled to be on there this Thursday. I do think he may ask her some tough questions.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think she has to do it in public because it is a huge part of her life right now. It's just "what is". I don't see it as trashing a man that is dead; I see it as telling the truth of her experience. She is being bad-mouthed left and right and, I think there is only so much of that you can be expected to take/tolerate.

When I divorced, I tried to say nothing negative to our son about his father, but there came a point where, after our son had come to me with ridiculous things that had been said by his dad that I had to speak the truth. I didn't go on and on, and talk ugly.....I just told him the truth, and I kept it brief and clean. I was not going to allow our son to be manipulated like that. Your children will come to you and ask questions. I think you owe them the age-appropriate truth. The stupid stuff soon stopped.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay-Sounds like you handled it well. The the bad taste I have in my mouth w/Taylor is that she is so very public-by choice and needlessly, about Kennedy's dad.

From my tv guide: Taylor Armstrong discusses her husband's suicide.

That is her choice and it is not needed...her motivations are suspect.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I guess that since I haven't walked in her shoes with this suicide mess, I am just hesitant to judge her, but I guess I feel I've seen and experienced enough abuse to get some of what she is doing/saying. She has a looooong road to travel, and she probably could use a hand up instead of a foot on her neck. Thank goodness it's not you or me, that's for sure. I will not second guess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    The broke part...not buying it. This may have already been linked so apologies to who might have done it first but I just don't have the time nor the energy to go through pages of posts.

Russell & Taylor Armstrong
    That article really highlights a lot of their problems, almost making it somewhat understandable why Russell felt he had no way out. I still think there is more to the story that we may or may not learn about in the future.
    I think the two of them really got too deep into business scams and a lifestyle that they really couldn't uphold. I'm unsure how much Taylor really knew about how dire it all was.
    That being said, I really don't believe much of what Taylor says, including the wife battering claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    If there is one good thing I can say about Taylor, it's that she loves Kennedy very much and would likely do anything she needed to to be the best mother possible to her. Taylor's problem is that she doesn't have a good handle on what is good and what is not.
    I think Taylor really wants to be the best mother possible to her daughter but I don't think her actions show this, including the drinking, trips away from home, and the constant social life. But I do agree that she loves Kennedy and can't see how many of her actions do not help her child at all.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Taylor can see what Kennedy really needs. My guess is that growing up she desperately wanted the wealthy lifestyle, and now she thinks that giving Kennedy everything she could never have is being the best mother. It's sad, actually. I just think back to that birthday party she threw Kennedy - it was gorgeous, it was obvious she worked really hard and wanted it to be perfect for her daughter. But she never thought of what her daughter would have wanted. My father does this same thing, and I've come to accept that he really truly thinks he is doing something great, and going with the thought being the thing that counts.

That being said, Taylor needs to stop talking to the press about her relationship with Russell. I won't speculate whether the claims of abuse are true or not. But I will say that if Denise Richards can keep her mouth shut about the crazy train that is the father of her children (Charlie Sheen, for those who don't know) then Taylor can quiet herself for the sake of her daughters.

I see Denise is being of completely different mettle than Taylor. All things are not equal.

i wish there was a way to like this post a billion times.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It breaks my heart to hear women blame victims for being in abusive relationships, when it is such a complex matter. Simplicity is a word that does not even come into play in abusive relationships. And, everything that was stated above in one poster's paragraph about emotional abuse is exactly that....emotional abuse "distant and non-communicative and non-emotive." Contributing factors. It's such a sick syndrome that people can find themselves in before they even know it. And Russell's domestic violence was nothing new; his own attorney (the one that spoke shortly after Russell's death) has admitted that he was aware of Russell's history with other women. Apparently, they have been documented with police departments.

Apparently, there is going to be more on ET, starting on Tuesday (I think), about the abuse.

i just don't understand why not tho . . . . that poor child lived in that environment, why try to cover it up?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I don't fault or judge Taylor for being abused. That blame rests solely with Russell. What I blame Taylor for is now making this allegation public after the man passed & can not defend himself. She never should have allowed those pictures to be made public, not for Russell's sake but for that of her daughter.

FORT Fan

I think the two of them really got too deep into business scams and a lifestyle that they really couldn't uphold. I'm unsure how much Taylor really knew about how dire it all was.
    That being said, I really don't believe much of what Taylor says, including the wife battering claim.
    I don't know how much Taylor knew about or contributed to financial scams. I do believe that she was abused though since Russell admits to "pushing" her during arguments. Article in People magazine before the suicide. Taylor Armstrong of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Calls Marriage Abusive : People.com
    Last edited by Critical; 09-22-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

+ Reply to Thread